Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Everything!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Everything but A&A.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Nothing! (Gonna keep reading different forums hoping they get back to great comics instead of movie hype and dumb gimmicks like the Hillary comic)

Im stitcking with Generation zero and may check out shadowman and savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Nothing! (Gonna keep reading different forums hoping they get back to great comics instead of movie hype and dumb gimmicks like the Hillary comic)
    You seem like a fun guy.

Just don't like dumping $$$ on crap product.

So...don't.

But don't come and **** where everyone else is eating.

Actually it's an open forum to voice ones opinion which I did.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    So...don't.

But don't come and **** where everyone else is eating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Actually it's an open forum to voice ones opinion which I did.
    Not trying to be a ****-stirrer, but I welcome Aomalle27's disdain, although it was quite harsh. Whether he likes the books now or not, he's sort of part of this tiny little Valiant community here, so I value his negative opinion just as much as thewarning's positive one. I just think it's important to be truthful to yourself and not be afraid of telling people how you feel.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Not trying to be a ****-stirrer, but I welcome Aomalle27's disdain, although it was quite harsh. Whether he likes the books now or not, he's sort of part of this tiny little Valiant community here, so I value his negative opinion just as much as thewarning's positive one. I just think it's important to be truthful to yourself and not be afraid of telling people how you feel.
    Great post
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I wouldn't call it disdain (except where Q&W are concerned; that was utter drivel), its more frustration at trying to support a small publish that has really strayed from whence they started. FVL A&A was superb, so they dump it due to poor sales (fair enough, sales drive the company) but then stick with other titles that are utter crap, and likewise not selling. They hold steadfast to the four issue arc, which leads to many stories being rushed and falling flat. Why not let the writers tell their story their way? Be it five six nine issues(?) whatever. It won't affect the trade sales significantly, cause you don't have significant sales of the trades. Why not concentrate on quality, instead of the variant cover gimmick, the Hillary cover gimmick, and the other gimmicks hardening back to VH1? Coupons, chromium etc. And why does every summer need an "event". Just produce quality comics and they will come. Imagine TWD giving up after 10 issues, or chew, or Saga. It takes time to build an audience, relying on movie speculation gets you no where.

I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a positive voice. I have raised all of the issues (s)he has, and I think they are all valid. I'm not sure I'll pick up any of the books in this month's solicits. However it seems like there's a way to say things that isn't abrasive or insulting to anyone who is finding Valiant a pretty snazzy place to be, and there's way to, yes, "voice one's opinion" besides a series of combative walls of text.

Fact is, most of the folks participating in these threads are fans. You don't need to be a fan to post, but coming into the closest thing we've got to our own sub-forum and barking about how much Q&W sucks, how cover gimmicks suck, how four issue arcs suck, how whatever else sucks is an affront to 300+ pages of discussion of VEI.

You're airing your dirty laundry and we're breathing it in. We know how you feel now. Be a champ. Don't post.

Do you not realize it's a FORUM; where people voice opinion. If you can't handle critique go to a fan site, this forum isn't reserved for only the adoring fans of VEI, it's open to VEI readers (past and present) and those looking for insights into what VEI has to offer. To sugar coat their faults is a disservice to VEI readers and ESPECIALLY To those browsing to see what they offer. Hey you like the books, good for you, but there are dissenting opinions, and if you can't handle that, go create your own Oped page where only your opinion will be presented. (Quite childish to suggest dissenting opinions go elsewhere on an OPEN FORUM)

If you'd read my post you'd see that your opinions aren't the issue. The way you present them is.

Ya know what, it doesn't matter. Catch you later guys