Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Valiant February 2017 solicits

I'm honestly surprised to see A&A cancelled already, I thought it would do a lot better then this.

Either way I'll be getting the following
    Harbinger: Renegade
    Generation Zero
    Faith
    Savage
    Ninjak
    A&A
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Pretty boring month in terms of surprises, announcements, and big stories. Only really have two thoughts about this.

1) I'm pretty disappointed that Bloodshot's ending. I'm sure, in retrospective, Lemire's Bloodshot will still hold up as quite the epic, 22 issue run (24, including one-shots). But honestly, this sucks. I could deal with X-O ending. It was inevitable, and X-O was ready for a change of direction. I could deal with Imperium and Wrath ending because the sales were god awful for both. I could deal with A&A sucking, because of everything else in the line was great. But now Bloodshot? This one hurts.
    Renegade is untested, Ninjak is on it's way out, and I don't like Gen. Zero, which just leaves Faith as Valiant's "tentpole" ongoing. I love Faith, but come on... Valiant can do so much better. Hopefully this is just a lull period and we'll start to see the real books in 2017.

2) YES! A&A got canceled. 12 issues is exactly what it deserved. Thank you Rafer Roberts, for that amazing 5th issue, but I am sincerely happy that A&A can go away and hopefully be replaced by a more competent series in the future.

Anyway...
    Definitely:
    Divinity III 4
    Shadowman and the Battle for Stalingrad (amazing title)
    Ninjak 24
    Faith 8

Probably:
    Harbinger: Renegade 4
    Savage 4

Probably Not:
    Generation Zero 7
    A&A 12
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 11-22-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Pretty boring month in terms of surprises, announcements, and big stories. Only really have two thoughts about this.

1) I'm pretty disappointed that Bloodshot's ending. I'm sure, in retrospective, Lemire's Bloodshot will still hold up as quite the epic, 22 issue run (24, including one-shots).
    I haven't seen anything about Bloodshot being canceled. It could just be a skip month before the next arc starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    I haven't seen anything about Bloodshot being canceled. It could just be a skip month before the next arc starts up.
    *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Looks like there will for sure be a Bloodshot issue out in March. Dinesh posted this on the ValiantFans board due to people complaining about missing Bloodshot and the current direction of the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Shamdasani
    New Bloodshot issue in March. We'll reveal what the larger Bloodshot plan is with that. Don't worry, we got you.

What you're feeling is the definition of what Valiant can be expanding. We took the opportunity 2016 presented to build new corners for the universe (Divinity, Britannia, Savage, Faith, Generation Zero etc). To do that we had to put the big toys away for a bit. Behind the scenes, we've been using the time to quietly build what we think will be their best runs yet (made possible by the addition of all the new characters and ideas we put on the board this year...can't say too much though about this yet). Harbinger Renegade is the first part of that but things really kick off in March. Can't wait for everyone to see what we're cooking up and get as excited as I've been these last few months! Sorry to see you take a break. Totally understand. You're going to miss some great stories. :P
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 11-22-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Divinity III
    Divinity III: Shadowman
    Generation Zero
    Ninjak

and maybe Harbingers Renegade. I miss Dysart, the first issue was not perfect, but I did get more intrigued by it than what I was expecting.

feels weird to not have any Bloodshot on that list. It would have looked better if they kept the Divinity III:Bloodshot for the break.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Looks like there will for sure be a Bloodshot issue out in March. Dinesh posted this on the ValiantFans board due to people complaining about missing Bloodshot and the current direction of the line.
    Thanks for the info, since there would be a vacancy for two books in March I'm hoping for a Unity relaunch(EW, LIVEWIRE, DIVINITY, SAVAGE, DOC MIRAGE.). Shadowman should also get a book sometime next year.