Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default Obsession by Calvin Klein

Which villain is the most obsessed with their arch-nemesis? Marvel, DC, or otherwise.... I was thinking about how Joker and Dr. Doom seem to reeeeeeeeeeeally obsess over their nemesis's? nemeseees? whatever.....

Is it one of them? Or does someone take the crown for MOST OBSESSED VILLIAN?

*remember, the obsession is PRIMARILY for the nemesis not riches, etc. even though those are things they may desire.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

There are many obvious answers, as some characters have been around for several decades and lazy writers keep going back to the same arch-nemesis, over and over again. Instead, I am going to point to a lesser-known villain who must have been obsessed to an unusual degree with her arch-nemesis. Shapeshifter of the Destroyers was extremely obsessed with Morningstar of the Elementals. How so? Shapeshifter used her powers to take on the identity of a good-looking guy who joined the same fencing club as Morningstar, and eventually seduced her. After they became a serious couple, Shapeshifter revealed herself to Morningstar, and offered her a handgun so that Morningstar could commit suicide right on the spot. I would argue that any villain that is willing to have sex with the target of their obsession just to set up an even more cruel revenge is extremely obsessed.

Mighty Member

The one that on panel frequently is seen yelling, "RIIIIIICHARRRRRDS!" while shaking his armored fist impotently toward the heavens.

There's a lot. Lady Deathstrike is obsessed with Logan. Morlun is obsessed with Spider-Man. Ultron is obsessed with Hank Pym. Grim Reaper is obsessed with Wonder Man. And that's just a few examples from Marvel.

Really hard to say who is most obsessed.

Could we say the Leader traditionally is obsessed with the Hulk/Banner?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I admit that my first thought was Doom, but it doesn't quite fit. While Doom definitely has an unhealthy fixation on Reed Richards, he has also fought nearly every hero in the MU, as well as the Red Skull, Diablo, Attuma, the Overmind, and Terrax. During the mid-'70s, it seemed like Doom was even more obsessed with Namor.

During the mid-'70s, it seemed like Doom was even more obsessed with Namor.
    That's what passes for romance for Doom, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post

Is it one of them? Or does someone take the crown for MOST OBSESSED VILLIAN?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Modeus from Irredeemable definitely deserves a mention. I won't spoil anything, but...yeesh. Guy makes Luthor and Doom look like hobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    The one that on panel frequently is seen yelling, "RIIIIIICHARRRRRDS!" while shaking his armored fist impotently toward the heavens.
    RICHAAARDS.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Green Goblin with Spider-Man, at least until One More Day and One Moment in Time erased everyone's memory of Spider-Man's true identity. Pretty much everything he did was for the sake of f***ing with Spider-Man and making his life an utter wreck, at least when he wasn't trying to make Spider-Man his heir, and even then, his method was to f*** with his life and drive him over the edge.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    There's a lot. Lady Deathstrike is obsessed with Logan. Morlun is obsessed with Spider-Man. Ultron is obsessed with Hank Pym. Grim Reaper is obsessed with Wonder Man. And that's just a few examples from Marvel.

Really hard to say who is most obsessed.
    Lady Deathstrike is probably the least creepy of the villains who are obsessed with Logan, since she's only really after his actual bones. Compared to the Reavers, Sabretooth, and that group of jackasses that manipulated him into slaughtering a ton of his own children, she's practically just trying to friend him on Facebook.

For comics, I actually nominate Zoom for the role, considering that he's all about making Wally West the best hero ever, by destroying his life completely.

For anime, I'm kinda torn between Millions Knives from Trigun, or newcomer Zamasu from Dragonball Super.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-22-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I still say Modeus takes the cake for obsessive comic villains. Even Zoom and Osborne aren't on his level.
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Lady Deathstrike is probably the least creepy of the villains who are obsessed with Logan, since she's only really after his actual bones. Compared to the Reavers, Sabretooth, and that group of jackasses that manipulated him into slaughtering a ton of his own children, she's practically just trying to friend him on Facebook.

For comics, I actually nominate Zoom for the role, considering that he's all about making Wally West the best hero ever, by destroying his life completely.

For anime, I'm kinda torn between Millions Knives from Trigun, or newcomer Zamasu from Dragonball Super.
    Having read The Flash by Geoff Johns Vol. 3, I can agree with that nomination. Zoom would basically be to Wally what the Green Goblin is to Spider-Man if the Green Goblin's motives were ultimately to make Spider-Man "better" and not just wreck his life for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I still say Modeus takes the cake for obsessive comic villains. Even Zoom and Osborne aren't on his level.
    Was he the one who basically hijacked Plutonian's ex-girlfriend's body and used it to rape the Plutonian while screaming that he was the only one who could truly understand and love him? If so, I can see your point, and hell, the only reason Norman Osborn and Hunter Zolomon don't do the same to their nemeses is that Marvel and DC don't like putting Spider-Man and the Flash in their "adults only" comics. That, and maybe the limits of good taste, but still . . .

Mighty Member

There are a lot of good ones to choose from:

Lex Luthor has always been obsessed with proving himself better than Superman.

Dr. Doom is always trying to prove himself better than Reed Richards that is arguably even stronger than his desire to rescue his mother from Mephisto.

Loki has spent centuries trying to outdo Thor and elevate himself as Odin's favorite son.

Kilgrave wants Jessica Jones, the only woman who can resist him.