Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I am beyond tired of seeing Batman get berated by his underlings.
    Well, who else is going to do it?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

yeah all these stupid teenagers yelling at Batman for something they chose to do because of their own immaturity and random fancy for vigilante behavior
    Tim died
    Heroes die every year
    Gotham Citizens die every day
    GCPD cops get killed every day

Are they all gonna cry and blame Batman for all the bad things that have happened to them?
    Steph took a big hit as a character this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Steph took a big hit as a character this issue
    How? It's pretty safe to say Steph is out-of-sorts and has been since Tim died. Plus she has the First Victim manipulating her and captilizing on her pain to try and dismantle the group from the inside.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Yeah, is it that weird to lash out at an authority figure upon the death of a loved one?

Now the mud room thing, that's a bit of a hit IMO depending on how that shakes out. I think losing Tim would shake her, but not mentally unstable shake her.

Extraordinary Member

And Batman has been an emotionally manipulative dastard to his allies throughout much of his history-especially to Steph. Even in this issue he was listening in on what should have been a private therapy session. Any real psychiatrist/psychologist would lose their job for betrayal of confidence in they did what Leslie did this issue.

Steph has also been the least enamored of Batman of any of his sidekicks since the Nu52. She practically hated him during Eternal. It was only because of the words of a bystander that she came around to his methods in the first place. Seeing other bystanders suffering from those same methods should make her question if she and the others are doing the right thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I think losing Tim would shake her, but not mentally unstable shake her.
    He was all she had, even harper showed she wasnt trustworthy by going to batman after she told her. Its fair to say the importance of their relatonship wasnt played strongly enough before Tim died, but they really do mean the world to eachother, and its clear that they were already seeing a future together, putting that life behind them.

Her reaction is perfectly natural.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    And Batman has been an emotionally manipulative dastard to his allies throughout much of his history-especially to Steph. Even in this issue he was listening in on what should have been a private therapy session. Any real psychiatrist/psychologist would lose their job for betrayal of confidence in they did what Leslie did this issue.

Steph has also been the least enamored of Batman of any of his sidekicks since the Nu52. She practically hated him during Eternal. It was only because of the words of a bystander that she came around to his methods in the first place. Seeing other bystanders suffering from those same methods should make her question if she and the others are doing the right thing.
    I'm kind of surprised Leslie went along with that.

Did Steph hate him during Eternal? I don't recall Steph having that much issue with Batman there (didn't she help him with Flamingo?). I don't even recall that much trauma over what happened when she was a kid and she walked in on him busting her dad.

She had a thing against Bruce Wayne but that was because she thought he was March.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Leslie went along with that.

Did Steph hate him during Eternal? I don't recall Steph having that much issue with Batman there (didn't she help him with Flamingo?). I don't even recall that much trauma over what happened when she was a kid and she walked in on him busting her dad.

She had a thing against Bruce Wayne but that was because she thought he was March.
    She revealed that she could have easily tacked Batman down, but never did. She was so terrified of him that she would rather have stayed kidnapped than be rescued by him. She refused to tell him anything and told Harper she was being brainwashed by him. The Bruce Wayne thing was the cause, but much of the last act of Eternal was centered on her refusal to have anything to do with Batman.

Mighty Member

Yes. Steph was very tiresome.

Yeah...it's become annoying as f...now.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Someone on Reddit pointed out that the panel of Batman remembering an early confrontation with the Red Hood Gang is an homage to the cover of Detective Comics #27. That's another clue that the First Victim is Alfred Stryker.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Someone on Reddit pointed out that the panel of Batman remembering an early confrontation with the Red Hood Gang is an homage to the cover of Detective Comics #27. That's another clue that the First Victim is Alfred Stryker.
    Hum, interesting.

Incredible Member

Very good issue as always, and clayface moments keep being a highlight.

BANNED

I'd say this issue was 2/3 good. Clayface and Azrael were the highlights, I look forward to Jean Paul joining the team. Luke was a bit dull this issue, I still like him he just needs more to do. Is it sad that the random prisoners bickering with general Kane have more charisma than Harper? Still waiting for the Victim Syndicate to be interesting, we're 3 issues in and I'm still not feeling anything. I get why Steph's behavior isn't going over well with everyone, but I think it was appropriate for this more grounded portrayal of Steph. She's smart but not as level headed as everyone else, she would act a little odd after being devastated by her boyfriend's death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    How could Alfred Stryker see himself as a victim?