Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I enjoy Spider-Man in teams, but I think that the problem is that many see him as the odd one, every one act like if he was the youngest, which he is but they remark it a lot, some of his best moments is when he stands up by himself, like during the Avengers vs X-Men story where trick and defeated both Colossus and Magik, but I thnik that he could make a great asset in the team, like the voice of reason in some cases, mostly with the Avengers he just makes jokes and helps where he can, but that's it, they don't bother showing his strength, his intelligence, or how mature and wise he can be sometimes.

I particulary liked the scene with Doctor Strange, during the end of Doctor Strange last run, where Spidey went to talk to him, he was one of the few that knew of the things he went through, and he visit him to talk, how he mentioned that everyone had those moments of doubt even in the middle of a fight he even included his own in Spider-Man No More, I really loved that dialogue, that is Spider-Man he has his own point of view of the world and that is what is needs, also when he talked to Hope when he was training her, but then he disappeared from the rest of story falling in the background, he can have those moments in the Avengers, but the writers don't bother and just use him as stress relief, hopefully someday we will see Spider-Man with a nice role in an Avengers run where they actually put him in character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    I enjoy Spider-Man in teams, but I think that the problem is that many see him as the odd one, every one act like if he was the youngest, which he is but they remark it a lot, some of his best moments is when he stands up by himself, like during the Avengers vs X-Men story where trick and defeated both Colossus and Magik, but I thnik that he could make a great asset in the team, like the voice of reason in some cases, mostly with the Avengers he just makes jokes and helps where he can, but that's it, they don't bother showing his strength, his intelligence, or how mature and wise he can be sometimes.

I particulary liked the scene with Doctor Strange, during the end of Doctor Strange last run, where Spidey went to talk to him, he was one of the few that knew of the things he went through, and he visit him to talk, how he mentioned that everyone had those moments of doubt even in the middle of a fight he even included his own in Spider-Man No More, I really loved that dialogue, that is Spider-Man he has his own point of view of the world and that is what is needs, also when he talked to Hope when he was training her, but then he disappeared from the rest of story falling in the background, he can have those moments in the Avengers, but the writers don't bother and just use him as stress relief, hopefully someday we will see Spider-Man with a nice role in an Avengers run where they actually put him in character.
    I am not opposed to Spider-Man in The Avengers, I am opposed to Peter Parker's Spider-Man in The Avengers. Miles Morales would be a much better option in the team. He can learn from the older members ( I am always for character growth), and it is a better fit, because Miles ( the person behind the mask) is not as important to his Spider-Man as Pete is to his Spider-Man. One other thing is this. Most superheroes ( and for that matter villains) are Type-A Alpha personalities with lots of self confidence. Spider-Man ( Pete) does not qualify, he has lots of self doubts ( see "Spider-Man No More" as an example of this). Maybe that is why in general he has not been s leader, and almost "Shrinks" when in the presence of Iron Man or Captain America. Again I say NO to Pete in The Avengers.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spider-Man on teams is fun and he can be a valuable voice of reason with a unique perspective. He doesn't have to be too critical to what's going and shouldn't be there over more fundamental Avengers, but it's just kinda nice to have him sometimes.
    I disagree. If he isn't critical to what's going on, I'd rather not have him there at all.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

I think I already said this before, but I will say it again just in case. The point here is not about Spider-Man needing the Avengers, but the Avengers needing Spider-Man.

The Avengers deal with so many "global stuff" that they usually forget about what the "common man" needs. That's where Spider-Man should be, to keep their feet on the ground.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I think I already said this before, but I will say it again just in case. The point here is not about Spider-Man needing the Avengers, but the Avengers needing Spider-Man.

The Avengers deal with so many "global stuff" that they usually forget about what the "common man" needs. That's where Spider-Man should be, to keep their feet on the ground.
    Unless there is an internal issue. "That Keeps Their Feet To The Ground." (Tony Stark's alcoholism for example), The Avengers will almost always deal with Gods, characters with God like power, and those who want to be Gods. Spider-Man ( Pete) is really better off staying with the best supporting cast in comics, and dealing with those bad guys who are not threats to tbe Universe
    I say no to Peter Parker's Spider-Man in The Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Unless there is an internal issue. "That Keeps Their Feet To The Ground." (Tony Stark's alcoholism for example), The Avengers will almost always deal with Gods, characters with God like power, and those who want to be Gods. Spider-Man ( Pete) is really better off staying with the best supporting cast in comics, and dealing with those bad guys who are not threats to tbe Universe
    You can't keep saying no to Peter being in the Avengers but your reasons are getting flimsy.
    Like Peter being in the Avengers would not suddenly mean his solo adventures and supporting cast will disappear, there's zero reason he can't be in his own book fighting people like Vulture, Shocker and Goblin while helping against Ultron in an Avengers book.
    And the whole "Avengers only fight god like enemies" is an exaggeration since the Avengers have a lot of enemies who don't reach anywhere near that status, and using that as a reason for why Peter can't join is still weak since he himself has enemies like the Inheritors, Hydroman, Sandman and Electro while the Avengers roster can have characters who aren't anywhere near his level like Hawkeye, Captain America, Ant-Man and Widow.

BANNED

meme time
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-10-2019 at 11:10 PM.

BANNED

That's why the Justice League is better than the Avengers. The Marvel Universe goes for specialization in genre. So Dr. Strange always deals with magical stuff. In the Justice League you could easily do cosmic level stories, and ones where they battle the Legion of Doom or Secret Society and so on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's why the Justice League is better than the Avengers. The Marvel Universe goes for specialization in genre. So Dr. Strange always deals with magical stuff. In the Justice League you could easily do cosmic level stories, and ones where they battle the Legion of Doom or Secret Society and so on.
    The notion that the Avengers apparently only face cosmic and godlike threats is so inaccurate it hurts, how you can even get that point I have no clue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    The notion that the Avengers apparently only face cosmic and godlike threats is so inaccurate it hurts, how you can even get that point I have no clue.
    The only major threat which isn't cosmic is Ultron, a threat Hank Pym created. There's also HYDRA but that is something Captain America deals with.

The major threats in Avengers right now are Atlanteans, the Russian government, the American government, and vampires. The event next month is about them fighting a massive magical threat. The last linewide Marvel event was about the Avengers vs Hydra. The point of the Avengers is that they handle the problems no one could handle alone, regardless of what kind of threat it is. Which is why for every alien invasion there's a big story about them facing small supervillain teams or just one guy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The major threats in Avengers right now are Atlanteans, the Russian government, the American government, and vampires. The event next month is about them fighting a massive magical threat. The last linewide Marvel event was about the Avengers vs Hydra. The point of the Avengers is that they handle the problems no one could handle alone, regardless of what kind of threat it is. Which is why for every alien invasion there's a big story about them facing small supervillain teams or just one guy.
    The Avengers do not necessarily handle threats no one can handle alone. There are very few bad guys that Thor cannot deal with alone,. Plus also the Fantastic Four often deal with the same kind of threats as do The Avengers (
    Galactus, Skrulls and Kang come to mind). The Avengers do not seem to work well with Spider-Man ( Pete), even though many members are not as powerful as him.Why? The writers for sure, but Pete being a very reluctant hero and not always comfortable, certainly contributes. Again, keep him.away from The Avengers.

The Avengers do not necessarily handle threats no one can handle alone. There are very few bad guys that Thor cannot deal with alone,. Plus also the Fantastic Four often deal with the same kind of threats as do The Avengers (
    Galactus, Skrulls and Kang come to mind). The Avengers do not seem to work well with Spider-Man ( Pete), even though many members are not as powerful as him.Why? The writers for sure, but Pete being a very reluctant hero and not always comfortable, certainly contributes. Again, keep him.away from The Avengers.
    Peter isn’t as reluctant as you might think. While initially such a thing may have been the case, he does truly enjoy being Spider-Man. And even if that were to be true, in what way is that relevant? Peter has worked side by side with the heroes of the MU and built deep relationships for years before he ever became an Avenger. As stated above, your reasoning for Peter not being an Avenger are flimsy at best and all come down to your personal bias rather than any actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    meme time
    Granted, he's the "kid sidekick" of The Avengers, so I don't think it's all that impressive...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, he's the "kid sidekick" of The Avengers, so I don't think it's all that impressive...
    A lot of things don't sound impressive when you go out of your way to devalue them.