Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I felt that he has never needed them because he frankly survived and won against not only his rogues but also the FF's, the X-men's and the Avengers enemies when no one else was around or they came too late.
    I mean he held his own against Firelord, Hulk and the Possesed Thing and beat Juggernaut, Phoenix possesed Colossus and Magic by his own.
    If anything the AAvengers needed him not the other way around.
    During the period he joined with the New Avengers i liked seeing him interact with them, if anything i also liked how MJ just rolled with it like they were not these larger than life figures and greatly enjoyed Aunt May acting like they were part of the family...but in this team of Avengers i just hated what was done to the character, he was made to look so incompetent and useless compared to the others.

BANNED

Here's to Spidey being competent and usefull once more, come 2018!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    I'm so tired of seeing Spidey teamed-up with other heroes and in superheroes groups...can't we just get back to Spidey handling things on his own and fighting his own battles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Screw 'to you' son.

Spidey specifically NOT being a sidekick was half the point of his character.

But along with 'youth' the Mighty Marvel Monarchs who apparently know so much better than us want to turn him into a **** up version of Robin.
    Hear! Hear!

IIRC, Spider-Man also joins full time in Avengers #314-318 but quits because he didn't like fighting cosmic beings.
    Bingo. Folks calling him just a "reserve" before bandis annoys me. He was a FULL avengers for three to four issues. He was a avenger longer then the blasted hulk!

1.) The Avengers take on the national and cosmic threats. Spider-Man's bread and butter has always been the street-level crime and problems.
    Spidey tackled cosmic threats and went to other worlds in marvel team up and two in one and did just fine. People forget it was spidey outsmarting thanos and using warlock that lead to thanos's death in the 70s. If spidey wasn't there thanos would have won!

As for spidey should never be on teams again I must point out spidey has been in--

Avengers, fantastic four, ff, defenders, secret defenders, outlaws, and frightful four. Scarlet spider was in new warriors. Spidey's been on more teams then captain America!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bingo. Folks calling him just a "reserve" before bandis annoys me. He was a FULL avengers for three to four issues. He was a avenger longer then the blasted hulk!

Spidey tackled cosmic threats and went to other worlds in marvel team up and two in one and did just fine. People forget it was spidey outsmarting thanos and using warlock that lead to thanos's death in the 70s. If spidey wasn't there thanos would have won!

As for spidey should never be on teams again I must point out spidey has been in--

Avengers, fantastic four, ff, defenders, secret defenders, outlaws, and frightful four. Scarlet spider was in new warriors. Spidey's been on more teams then captain America!
    All, if not most of these were temporary. In particular, the FF thing lasted only a few issues. Yeah he's been on more teams than Captain America, but Steve has become recognised as a staple of the Avengers while Peter has never reached that status for any of the teams he's been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    All, if not most of these were temporary. In particular, the FF thing lasted only a few issues. Yeah he's been on more teams than Captain America, but Steve has become recognised as a staple of the Avengers while Peter has never reached that status for any of the teams he's been on.
    What do you mean Spider-Man's time with the FF only lasted a few issues? He was Johnny's replacement on the team for the entire time that he was gone, even serving double duty with that and the Avengers. Hell Spider-Man has consistently been an Avenger since 2005, over 1/5 of the team's existence, with minimum points when he wasn't on an Avengers roster. That's about as far from temporary as you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What do you mean Spider-Man's time with the FF only lasted a few issues? He was Johnny's replacement on the team for the entire time that he was gone, even serving double duty with that and the Avengers. Hell Spider-Man has consistently been an Avenger since 2005, over 1/5 of the team's existence, with minimum points when he wasn't on an Avengers roster. That's about as far from temporary as you get.
    Yeah, but did he ever do anything of note the entire time he was on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but did he ever do anything of note the entire time he was on the team?
    He made some alien chick fall in love with his ass, does that count for something?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He made some alien chick fall in love with his ass, does that count for something?
    Spider-Man's game is so strong even alien women fall in love with him . . . and given her name (Els Udonta), one could surmise she's related to Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Perhaps a possibility that Marvel Studios will establish that in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

I think I already mentioned this before, but I believe the question here is not Spider-Man needing the Avengers, but the Avengers needing Spider-Man. Spider-Man is possibly the closest superhero to the common people that there is, after all.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I think I already mentioned this before, but I believe the question here is not Spider-Man needing the Avengers, but the Avengers needing Spider-Man. Spider-Man is possibly the closest superhero to the common people that there is, after all.
    Exactly, like Green Arrow for the Justice League over in DC. Both of them bring their respective universes' top hero teams closer to Earth and to the common people that they protect, which is a good thing, because all too often, especially recently, it does seem like the Avengers have forgotten in many ways about the needs and concerns of ordinary humans. Why do you think it was so easy for HYDRA-Cap to convince the American public that they were better off under HYDRA's rule than they were under the superheroes' "protection" during Secret Empire?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Avengers already have built-in everyman characters who can ground them, the big one being Falcon. Spencer realized this, and that's why Sam is the one who guides the heroes to the right path that leads them to success in Secret Empire. There are other guys who can do this to like Clint or Wasp, or any newer character with a steady life. Robbie can do it the current book. Spider-Man can do it very well too, because he's the biggest everyman character at Marvel general. So Spidey doesn't need the Avengers and the Avengers don't need Spidey. But shucks, sometimes it's just cooler when he's an Avenger and sometimes it's cooler when he isn't.

Also, because Pete's the most popular character, people tend to overstate his in-universe significance and abilities. His intellect is not comparable to Stark, Richards, etc., he cannot beat Cap in a fight, and he is not far superior to most characters. These are the reasons we like him. He is more like us. He is the underdog. The everyman. It is not a big deal when other heroes rag on him or find him annoying, because in-universe his best attribute is experience and he is not that special. These are the reasons we like him. Everyman. You and me. Together forever. Let's get married. Don't tell Mephisto, though.

I feel like Spider-Man is such a solo-centric and solo-driven Superhero that the concept of a "team" just does not naturally gel well with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Also, because Pete's the most popular character, people tend to overstate his in-universe significance and abilities. His intellect is not comparable to Stark, Richards, etc., he cannot beat Cap in a fight, and he is not far superior to most characters. These are the reasons we like him. He is more like us. He is the underdog. The everyman. It is not a big deal when other heroes rag on him or find him annoying, because in-universe his best attribute is experience and he is not that special. These are the reasons we like him. Everyman. You and me. Together forever. Let's get married. Don't tell Mephisto, though.
    I don't think Spidey is as proficient a fighter as Cap, but I think he could beat Cap if he needed too.

Spidey's a jack of all trades/master of none in that he can apply himself in so many different ways and it's why he's so versatile as a hero. He doesn't have to be the strongest, the smartest, the most teched-out hero, or have god-like invulnerability, but he'll still always find a way to win in-spite of that, even when he's outclassed.

The heroes ragging and hating on him really just shines more of a bad light on them at this point then it does on Spider-Man.