Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Rick Jones was originally the Kid Sidekick of the Avengers. He was a non-powered human, basically Jimmy Olsen/Snapper Carr, and he played a bigger part in the original Kree-Skrull war than Spider-Man ever has in any Avengers story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ui0vpAaAo&t=1246s

Spider-Man should feel as useful and special in the Avengers than say...Hawkeye but he isn't even that.

BANNED

He felt pretty useful in AvX when he got Colossus and Magik to take each other out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Peter isn’t as reluctant as you might think. While initially such a thing may have been the case, he does truly enjoy being Spider-Man. And even if that were to be true, in what way is that relevant? Peter has worked side by side with the heroes of the MU and built deep relationships for years before he ever became an Avenger. As stated above, your reasoning for Peter not being an Avenger are flimsy at best and all come down to your personal bias rather than any actual facts.
    I admit my personal bias is against Pete in The Avengers. But statements like "Deep Relationships with heroes in the MCU." Is silly. He has maybe one "Deep Relationship" with a superhero and that is Johnny Storm NOT an Avenger. The "Deep Relationships" he has had in life are:1: MJ. 2: Betty. 3: Gwen 4: Felicia. 5: Aunt May. 6: Uncle Ben 7: Captain Stacy. 8: Flash Thompson. 9: Harry. 10: Johnny and that is a maybe. As far as "Liking being Spider-Man" is concerned, look at his regrets: Gwen, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy: All of which haunt him. He is Spider-Man because he knows he is needed to protect others, not an ego trip.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I admit my personal bias is against Pete in The Avengers. But statements like "Deep Relationships with heroes in the MCU." Is silly. He has maybe one "Deep Relationship" with a superhero and that is Johnny Storm NOT an Avenger. The "Deep Relationships" he has had in life are:1: MJ. 2: Betty. 3: Gwen 4: Felicia. 5: Aunt May. 6: Uncle Ben 7: Captain Stacy. 8: Flash Thompson. 9: Harry. 10: Johnny and that is a maybe. As far as "Liking being Spider-Man" is concerned, look at his regrets: Gwen, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy: All of which haunt him. He is Spider-Man because he knows he is needed to protect others, not an ego trip.
    Nah... he LOVES being Spider-man. You can tell from all the times he's cheering and flipping while webslinging to release stress, clear his mind because Parker's life is getting too heavy... Spider-man is the release that he craves and is one of his favorite things ever. He has the responsibility and the grief that drives him... but putting on that mask lets him cut loose and mock his boss, get idolized by his bully, rescue the girl and be the strongest one in the room... all things that 'Peter Parker' never quite gets to do and the thing that resonates with kids and adults both. Losing the 'fun' aspect of being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man... is a tragic mistake.

I would throw Daredevil in there. He's pretty good buddies with Daredevil and those issues are always fun. I know him and Johnny have history, but I think he's closer to Matt any day. But y'know... also NOT an avenger

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I think he enjoys helping out whenever wherever despite the suffering. So wether he is in the Avengers or not isn't that integral to his charcter. I'm hoping he focuses more on being a loner.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Nah... he LOVES being Spider-man. You can tell from all the times he's cheering and flipping while webslinging to release stress, clear his mind because Parker's life is getting too heavy... Spider-man is the release that he craves and is one of his favorite things ever. He has the responsibility and the grief that drives him... but putting on that mask lets him cut loose and mock his boss, get idolized by his bully, rescue the girl and be the strongest one in the room... all things that 'Peter Parker' never quite gets to do and the thing that resonates with kids and adults both. Losing the 'fun' aspect of being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man... is a tragic mistake.

I would throw Daredevil in there. He's pretty good buddies with Daredevil and those issues are always fun. I know him and Johnny have history, but I think he's closer to Matt any day. But y'know... also NOT an avenger
    both Johnny and Matt are ex avengers.

BANNED

Spider-Man appearance in Avengers Endgame felt like an embarrassment to me. What’s wrong with Spider-Man being an experienced crime fighter before being recruited by Iron Man ?

I mean I don’t like Spider-Man Homecoming for a variety of reasons and it doesn’t have to do with the cast. It’s best if I don’t get into it too much.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 05-02-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Spider-Man appearance in Avengers Endgame felt like an embarrassment to me and anyone who’s a fan of character. What’s wrong with Spider-Man being an experienced crime fighter before being recruited by Iron Man ?

I mean I don’t like Spider-Man Homecoming for a variety of reasons and it doesn’t have to do with the cast. It’s best if I don’t get into it too much.
    I preferred Tom Holland as Peter in Homecoming to Andrew Garfield as Peter. The only two people playing superheroes who are worse were:"George Clooney as Batman and the even worse Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl ( both in Batman & Robin). If someone wants a reference point think George Lanzeby as James Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service compared to Sean Connery. That is what Garfield was compared to Tobey Maguire ( although Spider-Man 3 sucked).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I preferred Tom Holland as Peter in Homecoming to Andrew Garfield as Peter. The only two people playing superheroes who are worse were:"George Clooney as Batman and the even worse Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl ( both in Batman & Robin). If someone wants a reference point think George Lanzeby as James Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service compared to Sean Connery. That is what Garfield was compared to Tobey Maguire ( although Spider-Man 3 sucked).
    I think Holland is a much better Peter but Garfield had a better voice and personality for Spider-Man.

People say Holland is the first actor to really capture both but his Spider-Man never seems too different from his Peter and doesn't have the attitude and quips down like other versions of the character.

Spider-Man appearance in Avengers Endgame felt like an embarrassment to me and anyone who’s a fan of character. What’s wrong with Spider-Man being an experienced crime fighter before being recruited by Iron Man ?

i was happy as hell but the character has different meaning for different people so I can't say why or how you should be embarrassed I'm just grateful he was in the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i was happy as hell but the character has different meaning for different people so I can't say why or how you should be embarrassed I'm just grateful he was in the movie.
    I enjoyed the Spider-Man Easter egg nod or two that the film had and I have nothing against Tom Holland and his acting. It’s just that there’s a difference between how Peter should act and how people see Spider-Man.

While your choice in words leaves much to be desired i feel it is the other way around, when he was a part of the Avengers he pulled his wait and helped when it was most needed or saw things the others missed. The same thing happens in F4 when he bailed out Reed when he was losing his smarts or when he became part of the Future Foundation...hell he did more for the younger generation of X-men and Hope then the senior members...factor in his victories against his Rogues and others and i would say teh teams should be lining up to have him become a member.

Astonishing Member

It’s “disgusting”? OP epitomizes toxic fandom. Not surprised he’s banned.

No, it’s not “disgusting.” Even bad stories like OMD aren’t “disgusting.” Hate that kind of hyperbolic language when discussing comics.

I like when Spidey occasionally teams up with the Avengers, as long as he isn’t overshadowed by them or treated as lesser than any of them. I do prefer stories where Spidey works alone though. Kind of one of the reasons I don’t care for stuff like Spider-Verse.

Don't speak for others.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Don't speak for others.
    Quoted for truth.

Not sure why people are saying that Spider-man being re-introduced via Avengers is a bad thing.

The Sony movies crashed and burned and the public was simply getting inundated with character. Bringing him via Avengers (considering the Avengers are now the biggest thing in pop culture let alone superhero movies) was the best way to go.