Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we be careful about Endgame spoilers please? Still haven't seen it .

Sounds like he contributes even more then he did in Infinity War.
    He did more in infinity war than in Endgame but his character moments were just as good

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    They still treated him like an annoyance in that cartoon though. When we had Ms. Marvel (Kamala) of all people find Peter to be a pest when she acted the exact same way it made me feel kinda dirty.
    Yeah, Kamala did not come off well in that episode.
    I think MCU Peter is too...pure. I can’t see him failing Ben Parker like he did as he seems to have always idolized Superheroes... however that said, going the “Jimmy Olson” route seemed to be the only way to introduce him to this specific universe, so we just gotta take what we can get.
    I know people don't want to re-do the origin, but I kind of want to see how it happened in the MCU just to get a better sense of whether there was the dramatic characters shift before Uncle Ben died, because from what we see of Peter in the MCU so far I don't think he would've let the burglar go like he usually does.
    That said, his mask wearing in comparison to almost all other heroes would have given a certain media mogul some ammo “I hate MASKED superheroes, what are they hiding anyway?!”... but I don’t see them bringing JJJ in...
    I thought they might use the fact that Spider-Man is probably the most public Superhero who isn't part of the Accords or has a public identity to explain why the public mistrusts and dislikes him...but nope.

I don't think the MCU really wants to focus on misunderstood or disliked Superheroes. Just look at how they handled Mark Ruffalo's Hulk compared to Edward Norton's. Makes me wonder how they're going to handle the X-men.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, Kamala did not come off well in that episode.

I know people don't want to re-do the origin, but I kind of want to see how it happened in the MCU just to get a better sense of whether there was the dramatic characters shift before Uncle Ben died, because from what we see of Peter in the MCU so far I don't think he would've let the burglar go like he usually does.

I thought they might use the fact that Spider-Man is probably the most public Superhero who isn't part of the Accords or has a public identity to explain why the public mistrusts and dislikes him...but nope.

I don't think the MCU really wants to focus on misunderstood or disliked Superheroes. Just look at how they handled Mark Ruffalo's Hulk compared to Edward Norton's. Makes me wonder how they're going to handle the X-men.
    To be slightly fair, you can only have the public be a bunch of fearful, hateful ingrates for so long before it just grates on the audience and makes them wonder why the superheroes even bother --- "because it's right" aside --- if that's the kind of treatment they're going to continue to get from the people they save or protect. The comics have long since reached that point already, so I can understand if the MCU doesn't want to tread that well-worn, if not worn-out, ground again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be slightly fair, you can only have the public be a bunch of fearful, hateful ingrates for so long before it just grates on the audience and makes them wonder why the superheroes even bother --- "because it's right" aside --- if that's the kind of treatment they're going to continue to get from the people they save or protect. The comics have long since reached that point already, so I can understand if the MCU doesn't want to tread that well-worn, if not worn-out, ground again.
    Well, I think it would be equally true that the public shouldn't be monolith in how they view different kinds of individuals in the same profession, and that their reaction should be appropriate and fair to the individual they're dealing with.

Like, I love the X-Men, but I don't think they should be regarded the same way as the Avengers or FF otherwise it cheapens the plight and difficulty of Mutants. Maybe don't go overboard with it, but there should be some Hate and Fear there.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Well, I think it would be equally true that the public shouldn't be monolith in how they view different kinds of individuals in the same profession, and that their reaction should be appropriate and fair to the individual they're dealing with.

Like, I love the X-Men, but I don't think they should be regarded the same way as the Avengers or FF otherwise it cheapens the plight and difficulty of Mutants. Maybe don't go overboard with it, but there should be some Hate and Fear there.
    Fair enough, and the TV shows set in the MCU do a better job of showing that there are people who fear, distrust, and even outright hate enhanced or "gifted" humans, blaming them for stuff like Loki and the Chitauri's attack on New York City in the first Avengers movie. The entire Inhuman saga in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. starting in Season 2 was lifted wholesale from the X-Men's continual struggles with bigotry from both the general public and governmental authorities, as another example. Even the Avengers start to catch some of that after a little too much collateral damage and a few too many civilian casualties, though this isn't treated so much as them being feared and hated just for existing, but instead unintended consequences of their own heroics casting an understandable negative light on them. All that being said, I would agree with your last sentence about not going overboard as the comics have done --- what with blatantly genocidal policies being established against mutants and nobody, not even the heroes who are supposed to fight for everyone, raising their voices or hands in protest or challenge.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Most of this comes with the enhanced celebrity status that superheroes now has. Superheroes have always been portrayed as being celebrities but now it gets played up a lot.

The reason why the Kamala situation is annoying is that Spider-Man is at least 50 years older than her. Spider-Man was originally at the beginning of the modern Marvel era. Now, he’s been consistently portrayed as being new in comparison to other superheroes.

BANNED

No acknowledgement that the character has been around 5 decades before the Kamala character made her debut, therefor the character gets portrayed as being 'new'? That to me is disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    do you? then here's more of similar usage just for you......
    it's just so offensive that they shoehorned Spider man into MCU as Tony's sidekick.
    It's repulsive pun intended how Parker keeps trying to attract Tony's attention throughout the movie with him being indifferent to him.
    It's sickening that Tony was hitting on aunt may.
    It's nauseating that they somehow paid homage to the Tobey Maguire scene from Spider man 2 in such a manner that it showcased iron man swooping in to save the day.
    how did I do???
    Lol I’m curious to know what you all thought about Far From Home. They pretty much doubled down on the whole “Iron-Boy” concept.