Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It really killed the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon for me once they added the SECOND team for him to train…
    And then there was the THIRD team that came soon after .

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

The reason for Spider-Man becoming more Avenger-centric so to speak is simple, the MCU. He's a part of that universe now and will probably be part of The Avengers new line up in the foreseeable future. They have to prep him for that role in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Um.....did he need them in the 80s and 90s when he and the X-Men were so popular that they carried the company on their backs while the Avengers characters were so unpopular that they had to be cancelled and rebooted by LIEFELD!

I say this in response to both the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and Civil War, where his costume is designed by Iron Man and Captain America beats him up. This is why I despised the idea of Marvel getting the rights back.

Spider-Man is the company's central character, and to treat him like this is dumb.
    I disagree about the Spidey/Cap fight in Civil War. At that point, Spider-Man was just a teenage rookie hero with virtually no experience in real combat. Captain America is a seasoned hero with years of training and experience. Plus given the context, I think Spider-Man actually held his own pretty well, because he got a few decent hits in on Cap. He also faired incredibly well against Falcon and Winter Soldier, so I think he more than proved his strength and potential during the fight.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    The reason for Spider-Man becoming more Avenger-centric so to speak is simple, the MCU. He's a part of that universe now and will probably be part of The Avengers new line up in the foreseeable future. They have to prep him for that role in the comics.
    Well, I think with the nebulous deal with Sony and Peter's status as a minor, it's probably unlikely he'll ever join The Avengers in any official capacity. Not to mention Homecoming may end up distancing him from Stark.

And I'd prefer it that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    I disagree about the Spidey/Cap fight in Civil War. At that point, Spider-Man was just a teenage rookie hero with virtually no experience in real combat. Captain America is a seasoned hero with years of training and experience. Plus given the context, I think Spider-Man actually held his own pretty well, because he got a few decent hits in on Cap. He also faired incredibly well against Falcon and Winter Soldier, so I think he more than proved his strength and potential during the fight.
    i highly disagree, Peter is a genius prodigy that had super power pre cog a ultra preccise agility. Cap as seasoned as ge was was quite literally inferior in every respect since Parker fights at a higher level and thinks at a higher level of cognative perception than conventional experience can take you. Bottom line, they nerfed Peter hard. Peter would defeat vap fairy easy than cap would defeat him because spidey is more unprrdictable, superhuman and more talented than steve despite not having as much experience. His powers close the gap for any exstensive amount of peak human skill he knows.

This is how he was as a kid in the comics.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think with the nebulous deal with Sony and Peter's status as a minor, it's probably unlikely he'll ever join The Avengers in any official capacity. Not to mention Homecoming may end up distancing him from Stark.

And I'd prefer it that way.
    Agreed, I understand why they did it, to increase the number of viewers. I can't be annoyed of them putting my top 2 marvel chars in 1 movie. Spider-Man is not Iron-Man's apprentice though. If Spidey can always rely on others bailing him out, how will he become the Spidey we are familiar with. Afterall this is teen Spidey, and teen Spidey's life was rough, I want to see him grow, invent Spider-tracers. Maybe they could show an awesome scene like him taking on an entire prison with convicts like it happened in the Spectacular cartoon series, if I'm not mistaken in the comics aswell.

I'll give Marvel credit though so far from what I've seen of Marvel Spidey he seems more Spidey-like (Is that even a word, apparently it is now ) than Raimi Spider-Man which was good, but was seriously lacking in the sense of humor department.

Tom seems like a good fit for both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Whereas Toby was a good fit for only Peter Parker, and Andrew for only Spider-Man.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    Agreed, I understand why they did it, to increase the number of viewers. I can't be annoyed of them putting my top 2 marvel chars in 1 movie. Spider-Man is not Iron-Man's apprentice though. If Spidey can always rely on others bailing him out, how will he become the Spidey we are familiar with. Afterall this is teen Spidey, and teen Spidey's life was rough, I want to see him grow, invent Spider-tracers. Maybe they could show an awesome scene like him taking on an entire prison with convicts like it happened in the Spectacular cartoon series, if I'm not mistaken in the comics aswell.

I'll give Marvel credit though so far from what I've seen of Marvel Spidey he seems more Spidey-like (Is that even a word, apparently it is now ) than Raimi Spider-Man which was good, but was seriously lacking in the sense of humor department.

Tom seems like a good fit for both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Whereas Toby was a good fit for only Peter Parker, and Andrew for only Spider-Man.
    Homecoming makes him seem more Spidey-like then he did in Civil War, in my opinion.

Outside the Iron Man stuff, of course...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was not surprised at that moment given who was writing the book .
    What happened? And let me guess, bendis?

BANNED

bingo.

it is even worse when he says he wants to be like iron man.

why spiderman is a unique hero is because he is much of a loner and he had an amazing rouges gallery and great supporting characters in his own stories.

I always said Sony made a big mistake to share the rights. homecoming is not a spiderman movie to me it is something else. iron man 5 and his side kick
    Last edited by Selina; 04-01-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    bingo.

why spiderman is a unique hero is because he is much of a loner and he had an amazing rouges gallery and great supporting characters in his own stories.

I always said Sony made a big mistake to share the rights. homecoming is not a spiderman movie to me it is something else. iron man 5 and his side kick
    It's not like Sony was delivering with their movies. Also, Spider-Man will probably be as much a loner in the movies as he is in the comics.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    bingo.

Tony responded with "I wanted you to be better", indicating that it's about him being more independent. Leaving that reply out tells a different story.

BANNED

Spidey being anyone's sidekick is to me godawful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'm so tired of seeing Spidey teamed-up with other heroes and in superheroes groups...can't we just get back to Spidey handling things on his own and fighting his own battles?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Screw 'to you' son.

Spidey specifically NOT being a sidekick was half the point of his character.

But along with 'youth' the Mighty Marvel Monarchs who apparently know so much better than us want to turn him into a **** up version of Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    I'm so tired of seeing Spidey teamed-up with other heroes and in superheroes groups...can't we just get back to Spidey handling things on his own and fighting his own battles?

I draw a distinct line between Super hero team-up and being in a Superhero group.

Being on a team doesn't fit Spider-man and diminishes his abilities and supporting cast greatly. ESPECIALLY if the team is JUST spider-heroes....

However, Teaming up with various superheroes for fun and wild adventures... has been EXACTLY what Spider-man has been doing his entire career ever since he tried to join the Fantastic Four in ASM#1. You weren't really a hero in the Marvel Universe till you had a team up with Spider-man. He worked with EVERYONE...

Honestly, I think they've gotten too far from that and Spider-man doesn't seem to have the same hierarchy as he used to with the Avengers and Iron Man stealing his thunder as THE Marvel Hero