Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    i highly disagree, Peter is a genius prodigy that had super power pre cog a ultra preccise agility. Cap as seasoned as ge was was quite literally inferior in every respect since Parker fights at a higher level and thinks at a higher level of cognative perception than conventional experience can take you. Bottom line, they nerfed Peter hard. Peter would defeat vap fairy easy than cap would defeat him because spidey is more unprrdictable, superhuman and more talented than steve despite not having as much experience. His powers close the gap for any exstensive amount of peak human skill he knows.

This is how he was as a kid in the comics.
    Dude in Civil War the ADULT Peter Parker couldn't outright beat Captain America. Teen Spidey with no exp vs seasoned leader of the Avengers Cap would be lucky to hold his own long term. Honestly he got the shield from surprise more than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I draw a distinct line between Super hero team-up and being in a Superhero group.

Being on a team doesn't fit Spider-man and diminishes his abilities and supporting cast greatly. ESPECIALLY if the team is JUST spider-heroes....
    And it diminshes the rest of the team if Spidey's in the lead, because then they basically become his sidekicks more or less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I draw a distinct line between Super hero team-up and being in a Superhero group.

Being on a team doesn't fit Spider-man and diminishes his abilities and supporting cast greatly. ESPECIALLY if the team is JUST spider-heroes....

However, Teaming up with various superheroes for fun and wild adventures... has been EXACTLY what Spider-man has been doing his entire career ever since he tried to join the Fantastic Four in ASM#1. You weren't really a hero in the Marvel Universe till you had a team up with Spider-man. He worked with EVERYONE...

Honestly, I think they've gotten too far from that and Spider-man doesn't seem to have the same hierarchy as he used to with the Avengers and Iron Man stealing his thunder as THE Marvel Hero
    Yeah...I just think they have gone way overboard with it. It makes up Amazing now, and soon Spectacular and then again in Spiderman Homecoming. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy Spidey Team Ups but I don't want to see it in every Spidey title.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Yeah...I just think they have gone way overboard with it. It makes up Amazing now, and soon Spectacular and then again in Spiderman Homecoming. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy Spidey Team Ups but I don't want to see it in every Spidey title.
    And the new Spider-Man cartoon, given there are going to be multiple other spider-characters in the first season judging by the promo art.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Dude in Civil War the ADULT Peter Parker couldn't outright beat Captain America. Teen Spidey with no exp vs seasoned leader of the Avengers Cap would be lucky to hold his own long term. Honestly he got the shield from surprise more than anything else
    Getting people to job is Cap's unofficial superpower. Did someone really think that a green Spidey would beat Cap in his own movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Spidey would slaughter Cap with one finger if he was remotely serious about destroying him without restraint.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And it diminshes the rest of the team if Spidey's in the lead, because then they basically become his sidekicks more or less.
    What? This makes no sense. By this logic, having any hero be the leader of the Avengers diminishes the rest of the team, and that's clearly not the case.

I'd love to see an Avengers book with Peter as the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    What? This makes no sense. By this logic, having any hero be the leader of the Avengers diminishes the rest of the team, and that's clearly not the case.

Most leaders of The Avengers aren't Spider-Man or star in something where Spider-Man is the lead (unless you count ASM, kinda).

I'd rather not see Peter lead The Avengers, because I don't think there are many writers who would do him justice in that role or would even put him there to begin with.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post

Same here. At this point, he's still got more credibility than damn near anyone else who's still around and hasn't been Cosmic Cubed into a perversion of themselves and everything they stand for, except for maybe Janet van Dyne. Hmm, come to think of it, Janet and Spidey could co-lead if they could figure out how to work around the "wasps prey on spiders" thing.

As for adult Spidey not being able to beat Cap back in the original Civil War, he didn't want to beat Cap or even fight him, for that matter. That was the major deciding factor; greater fighting skill on Cap's part aside, Peter didn't even want to fight someone he respected so deeply and wholeheartedly, and almost his entire inner monologue was about the cognitive dissonance he felt from being on the wrong side of Steve Rogers. If your head and heart aren't in a fight, you're bound to lose that fight regardless of how much stronger and faster you are than your opponent.

On the subject of Spider-Man and his continued relation with the Avengers, I figure as long as he finally gets the credit that he's due and stops being treated as the annoying kid everyone tries to tolerate because he's coming from a good place and he's trying so hard to impress them, I'm fine with him being an Avenger. In the MCU, I think the character arc for Spider-Man is him realizing that he can stand on his own two feet and rely on his own abilities, skills, and judgment to solve his problems instead of looking for guidance and approval from Tony Stark, which would be a fine, if not perfect, resolution to the plot of Homecoming.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 05-27-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. At this point, he's still got more credibility than damn near anyone else who's still around and hasn't been Cosmic Cubed into a perversion of themselves and everything they stand for, except for maybe Janet van Dyne. Hmm, come to think of it, Janet and Spidey could co-lead if they could figure out how to work around the "wasps prey on spiders" thing.

As for adult Spidey not being able to beat Cap back in the original Civil War, he didn't want to beat Cap or even fight him, for that matter. That was the major deciding factor; greater fighting skill on Cap's part aside, Peter didn't even want to fight someone he respected so deeply and wholeheartedly, and almost his entire inner monologue was about the cognitive dissonance he felt from being on the wrong side of Steve Rogers. If your head and heart aren't in a fight, you're bound to lose that fight regardless of how much stronger and faster you are than your opponent.

On the subject of Spider-Man and his continued relation with the Avengers, I figure as long as he finally gets the credit that he's due and stops being treated as the annoying kid everyone tries to tolerate because he's coming from a good place and he's trying so hard to impress them, I'm fine with him being an Avenger. In the MCU, I think the character arc for Spider-Man is him realizing that he can stand on his own two feet and rely on his own abilities, skills, and judgment to solve his problems instead of looking for guidance and approval from Tony Stark, which would be a fine, if not perfect, resolution to the plot of Homecoming.
    Yep, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Spidey would slaughter Cap with one finger if he was remotely serious about destroying him without restraint.
    Except... that's not what Spidey does.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Except... that's not what Spidey does.
    Of course not, because he's the best of them, of anyone, really. Hence why people don't like the idea of him always teaming up and needing others, or in this case, relying so heavily on Tony Stark in the MCU.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    Of course not, because he's the best of them, of anyone, really. Hence why people don't like the idea of him always teaming up and needing others, or in this case, relying so heavily on Tony Stark in the MCU.
    Homecoming will kill whatever dependency Peter Parker may seem to have with Tony Stark. The "I wanted you to be better (than me)" all but seals that it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Homecoming will kill whatever dependency Peter Parker may seem to have with Tony Stark. The "I wanted you to be better (than me)" all but seals that it will happen.
    Hopefully going forward we'll have Peter in a less-teched out suit of his own making and not having Tony Stark involved in practically every facet of his life and probably the most promoted part promotion of his solo movie.

Or needing Tony Stark to have to tell him to "be better" or that he's not fit to wear a Spider-Man suit like he's some kind of sidekick.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I agree with you, it's gonna happen. Hell, I wouldn't mind him getting his classic costume, not the makeshift one, if he puts the Stark one away.