Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dc's limbo heroe's

Is DC planning on doing anything with the HEROE'S that are in limbo with this new REBIRTH initiative.who would you all like to see make a comeback ?

(SKILLS)
    WOMEN=CRIMSON FOX/CRIMSON AVENGER/JESSE QUICK/ONYX/OWLWOMAN/PHANTOM LADY
    MEN=BLUEJAY/BRONZE TIGER/DR MID NITE/GOLDEN EAGLE/JOHNNY QUICK/RICHARD DRAGON KUNG FU FIGHTER/MAX MERCURY/NORTHWIND/OFFSPRING/TOMCAT/WILDCAT

(STRENGTHS)
    WOMEN=AQUAGIRL=LORENA/DOLPHIN/GRACE CHOI/LIBERTY BELLE/MATRIX/NUBIA/PANTHA/THUNDER=ANISSA/
    MEN=AMAZING MAN/FREIGHT TRAIN/IRON MUNRO/NUKLON/NEPTUNE PERKINS/OMAC=BUDDY/POWER BOY/RISK/RED STAR/SUPERBOY=CONNER/THUNDER=GAN/ULTRAA/

(ENERGY BASED)
    WOMEN=AURA/BOMBSHELL/DR LIGHT/DARKSTAR=CARLA WHITE/FRANCES KANE/GOLDSTAR/HALO/HARBINGER/JADE/JONNI THUNDER/LODESTONE/LADY QUARK/MS AMERICA/MOON MAIDEN/NIGHTSHADE/SPARX
    MEN=BLACK LIGHTNING/COLDCAST/DARKFIRE/KILLOWATT/LIGHTRAY/METAMORPHO/MUHAMMAD X/OBSIDIAN/RISINING SUN/ROCKET RED/SILVER SCARAB/THUNDERLORD/VYKIN

(ELEMENTALS)
    WOMEN=CELSIUS/CYCLONE/FIRE/FIREBRAND/ICE/ICE MAIDEN/LIGHTNING=JENNIFER/TSUNAMI/TERRA=TARA/WINDFALL
    MEN=BLACK CONDOR/GEO FORCE/JOTO/LIGHTNING=TAVIS/RED INFERNO/RED TORNADO/SAND/SUNBURST/

(PSIONICS)
    WOMEN=FAITH/GYPSY/LOOKER/MS MARTAIN/ROSE PSYCHIC/TOMORROW WOMAN
    MEN=BRAIN WAVE JR/MENTO/MINDWARP/PHANTASM/TEMPLAR

(MYSTICS)
    WOMEN=BLACK ALICE/EMPRESS/ISIS/JENNIFER MORGAN/MANITOU DAWN/SILVER SORCERESS/WITCHFIRE
    MEN=ARION/BLOODWYND/DEADMAN/DR OCCULT/SEBASTIAN FAUST/JAKEEM THUNDER/THE SPECTRE/ZACK ZATARA/ZAURIEL

Dc has lots of characters on the bench bec of its long history. Some of these forgotten characters do come back every now and then. Dc makes most of its money from Batman so there is no great pressure to bring back forgotten characters.

Astonishing Member

Well, it was almost a thing that Tomorrow Woman was going to be used in Justice League United. Same with Liberty Belle I believe.

I'm a huge fan and even with a costume redesign Tomorrow Woman looked awesome.

Sparx was arguably used in the Bloodlines mini (they don't use codenames however) though it was a completely revamped version.

Didn't Metamorpho recently have a mini or story in that DC Legends of Tomorrow book or whatnot? He hasn't been off the grid very long, comparatively.

Spectacular Member

Who wants to see Faith back? Nobody knew how to write that woman!

Bronze Tiger is currently in Tom King's Batman.

The Speed Formula has been referenced in a recent issue of The Flash, so I would expect Jesse and Johnny to turn up sooner rather then later.

I imagine the eventual JSA Rebirth will cover a lot of the people on this list.

The Omac of the future was I believe last seen in Convergence.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Is DC planning on doing anything with the HEROE'S that are in limbo with this new REBIRTH initiative.who would you all like to see make a comeback ?

(SKILLS)
    WOMEN=CRIMSON FOX/CRIMSON AVENGER/JESSE QUICK/ONYX/OWLWOMAN/PHANTOM LADY
    MEN=BLUEJAY/BRONZE TIGER/DR MID NITE/GOLDEN EAGLE/JOHNNY QUICK/RICHARD DRAGON KUNG FU FIGHTER/MAX MERCURY/NORTHWIND/OFFSPRING/TOMCAT/WILDCAT

(STRENGTHS)
    WOMEN=AQUAGIRL=LORENA/DOLPHIN/GRACE CHOI/LIBERTY BELLE/MATRIX/NUBIA/PANTHA/THUNDER=ANISSA/
    MEN=AMAZING MAN/FREIGHT TRAIN/IRON MUNRO/NUKLON/NEPTUNE PERKINS/OMAC=BUDDY/POWER BOY/RISK/RED STAR/SUPERBOY=CONNER/THUNDER=GAN/ULTRAA/

(ENERGY BASED)
    WOMEN=AURA/BOMBSHELL/DR LIGHT/DARKSTAR=CARLA WHITE/FRANCES KANE/GOLDSTAR/HALO/HARBINGER/JADE/JONNI THUNDER/LODESTONE/LADY QUARK/MS AMERICA/MOON MAIDEN/NIGHTSHADE/SPARX
    MEN=BLACK LIGHTNING/COLDCAST/DARKFIRE/KILLOWATT/LIGHTRAY/METAMORPHO/MUHAMMAD X/OBSIDIAN/RISINING SUN/ROCKET RED/SILVER SCARAB/THUNDERLORD/VYKIN

(ELEMENTALS)
    WOMEN=CELSIUS/CYCLONE/FIRE/FIREBRAND/ICE/ICE MAIDEN/LIGHTNING=JENNIFER/TSUNAMI/TERRA=TARA/WINDFALL
    MEN=BLACK CONDOR/GEO FORCE/JOTO/LIGHTNING=TAVIS/RED INFERNO/RED TORNADO/SAND/SUNBURST/

(PSIONICS)
    WOMEN=FAITH/GYPSY/LOOKER/MS MARTAIN/ROSE PSYCHIC/TOMORROW WOMAN
    MEN=BRAIN WAVE JR/MENTO/MINDWARP/PHANTASM/TEMPLAR

(MYSTICS)
    WOMEN=BLACK ALICE/EMPRESS/ISIS/JENNIFER MORGAN/MANITOU DAWN/SILVER SORCERESS/WITCHFIRE
    MEN=ARION/BLOODWYND/DEADMAN/DR OCCULT/SEBASTIAN FAUST/JAKEEM THUNDER/THE SPECTRE/ZACK ZATARA/ZAURIEL
    Thanks for this list it is awesome in every respect especially for those like me who are only aware of a few of these characters. I enjoyed the Red Tornado mini a few years back and it seemed to be building toward a Red Tornado family team of elementals. Unfortunately there was no follow through.Phantom Lady and the other Quality Comics characters have been rebooted a couple of times but to very low sales. Too bad this sort of thing can't be done in conjunction with Dynamite.

Looks like the rebooted Ray (new 52) was not popular enough since dc is switching back to the pre flashpoint Ray for the JLA title. Quality has lots of other characters like Magno, Invisible Hood, Neon, Miss America, etc. Quality comics also has Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin) and Madame Fatal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Looks like the rebooted Ray (new 52) was not popular enough since dc is switching back to the pre flashpoint Ray for the JLA title. Quality has lots of other characters like Magno, Invisible Hood, Neon, Miss America, etc. Quality comics also has Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin) and Madame Fatal.
    From the sounds of DC is outright ignoring a bunch of its more minor characters to streamline stuff. Such as that iteration of Ray, as well as the Phantom Lady and Doll Man we had a mini for some time back. Presumably they had an idea for their Freedom Fighters at some point and it was dropped.

Particularly odd to think given China is making its own copy of the Freedom Fighters in the pages of new Super-Man. They don't explicitly say they're copying a pre-exisitng team but one has to assume they are in universe, or it certainly seems like it given the close approximations of many of its members outfits.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Walter West-The Black Flash. Ever since he left I've wanted to see him back in the DCU, but I don't think we'll ever see him again.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    From the sounds of DC is outright ignoring a bunch of its more minor characters to streamline stuff. Such as that iteration of Ray, as well as the Phantom Lady and Doll Man we had a mini for some time back. Presumably they had an idea for their Freedom Fighters at some point and it was dropped.

Particularly odd to think given China is making its own copy of the Freedom Fighters in the pages of new Super-Man. They don't explicitly say they're copying a pre-exisitng team but one has to assume they are in universe, or it certainly seems like it given the close approximations of many of its members outfits.
    I could be wrong but the 2 iterations of Freedom Fighters by Palmiotti and Grey that I followed in trade were excoriated by hard core fans. I thought both runs were excellent. The mini's that were published just before Nu 52 sold in very low numbers with the final one Human Bomb selling the lowest. Again I thought they were very good and using a concept left over from the last DC Red Circle run were going to form a team. Alas poor sales have killed off good books again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Walter West-The Black Flash. Ever since he left I've wanted to see him back in the DCU, but I don't think we'll ever see him again.
    I'm a fan too.

Astonishing Member

(Skills)
    Women: Crimson Fox, Crimson Avenger, Jesse Quick, Onyx, Owlwoman, Phantom Lady
    Men: Bluejay, Bronze Tiger, Dr Mid Nite, Golden Eagle, Johnny Quick, Richard Dragon Kung Fu Fighter, Max Mercury, Northwind, Offspring, Tomcat, Wildcat

(Strengths)
    Women: Aquagirl: Lorena, Dolphin, Grace Choi, Liberty Belle, Matrix, Nubia, Pantha, Thunder: Anissa,
    Men: Amazing Man, Freight Train, Iron Munro, Nuklon, Neptune Perkins, Omac: Buddy, Power Boy, Risk, Red Star, Superboy: Conner, Thunder: Gan, Ultraa,

(Energy Based)
    Women: Aura, Bombshell, Dr Light, Darkstar: Carla White, Frances Kane, Goldstar, Halo, Harbinger, Jade, Jonni Thunder, Lodestone, Lady Quark, Ms America, Moon Maiden, Nightshade, Sparx
    Men: Black Lightning, Coldcast, Darkfire, Killowatt, Lightray, Metamorpho, Muhammad X, Obsidian, Risining Sun, Rocket Red, Silver Scarab, Thunderlord, Vykin

(Elementals)
    Women: Celsius, Cyclone, Fire, Firebrand, Ice, Ice Maiden, Lightning: Jennifer, Tsunami, Terra: Tara, Windfall
    Men: Black Condor, Geo Force, Joto, Lightning: Tavis, Red Inferno, Red Tornado, Sand, Sunburst,

(Psionics)
    Women: Faith, Gypsy, Looker, Ms Martain, Rose Psychic, Tomorrow Woman
    Men: Brain Wave Jr, Mento, Mindwarp, Phantasm, Templar

(Mystics)
    Women: Black Alice, Empress, Isis, Jennifer Morgan, Manitou Dawn, Silver Sorceress, Witchfire
    Men: Arion, Bloodwynd, Deadman, Dr Occult, Sebastian Faust, Jakeem Thunder, The Spectre, Zack Zatara, Zauriel

I liked many of these characters. But in the DCU, sometimes Limbo is the best place to be.

Of that bunch? Jesse Quick, Bronze Tiger, Dr Mid-Nite, Richard Dragon, Wildcat, Aquagirl (Lorena), Black Lightning, Metamorpho, Fire, Ice, Terra (Tara Markov), Geo-Force, Deadman, the Spectre and Zachary Zatara.

Extraordinary Member

I'm still waiting on Linda Danvers.