Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy 80th birthday Roy "The Boy" Thomas!!!!

BANNED

The mutant Scarlet Witch and the synthezoid Vision first met in The Avengers #75, and the pair soon became close.
    Their first kiss happened in issue #91 when they were losing a pretty bad fight to Ronan the Accuser,
    and they confessed their love for one another eight issues later.

In coming up with the seemingly unlikely pairing, Thomas said in a magazine interview:
    “I felt that a romance of some sort would help the character development in The Avengers, and
    the Vision was a prime candidate because he appeared only in that mag … as did Wanda, for that matter.
    So they became a pair, for just such practical considerations. It would also, I felt,
    add to the development I was doing on the Vision’s attempting to become ‘human.’”

Terrific that the mutant Wanda and the synthezoid Vision will star in the WandaVision disney+ series come 2021!

BANNED

Avengers West Coast #60 was the start of Thomas' run on that series...

Man, the unintentional hilarious scene with those tourists and the comicbook character U.S. Agent is to appear in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier disney+ series. Always a treat seeing the comicbook character Hawkeye sporting the cowl mask look IMO the character is to lead the MCU Avengers West Coast while sporting said look.

Hugh Roy Thomas fan. His Avengers run is my favorite on the title. If he just wrote that it would still put him high on my list, but he also has Conan, The Invaders, Namor, surprisingly good Pre-Claremont X-Men, did I mention Conan? He also wrote one of my favorite comics in the entire medium in All-Star Squadron. His work with Earth-2 solidified me as a fan of the Golden Age.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Happy Birthday! Thanks for your Black Knight stories.
    Looking forward to seeing more of the

Black Knight in the MCU in the future!

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/the-c...nd-rates-their

Happy Birthday Roy Thomas!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Happy Birthday Roy Thomas!!
    Indeed. Still LOVE his run on Invaders (1975):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Still LOVE his run on Invaders (1975):

Oh yeah!

I loved some of their cast too, like Brain Drain. Brain Drain was so creepy!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

13 COVERS: A YOUNG ALL-STARS Birthday Salute to ROY THOMAS https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...to-roy-thomas/

https://13thdimension.com/the-top-13...tories-ranked/
    This brought so many great memories.

Peace

Incredible Member

Happy Birthday Roy! The Kree-Skrull War is still my favorite Avengers story.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

In case no one has read it, you should check out Roy Thomas's Alter Ego fanzine at TwoMorrows. I've bought a few issues here and there. Check out there listings and I you don't want to buy the magazine, they also are available as PDFs for $4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    In case no one has read it, you should check out Roy Thomas's Alter Ego fanzine at TwoMorrows. I've bought a few issues here and there. Check out there listings and I you don't want to buy the magazine, they also are available as PDFs for $4.99
    And that's my dilemma, Iron Maiden. I have no interest in PDFs, but most of the books/magazines that I'm interested in reading are ALL sold out.

Is there any solution for this problem?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-27-2021 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    And that's my dilemma, Iron Maiden. I have no interest in PDFs, but most of the books/magazines I'm interested in reading are ALL sold out.

Is there any solution for this problem?
    I can't think of one honestly. I guess you could always check the out the newest issue I linked to? It says it will be in stock on December 8th. Another magazine I've bought there in the past is called Back Issue, especially if you like to read about the "good old days"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can't think of one honestly. I guess you could always check the out the newest issue I linked to? It says it will be in stock on December 8th. Another magazine I've bought there in the past is called Back Issue, especially if you like to read about the "good old days"
    Thanks for the response. I'm familiar with both Alter Ego & Back Issue (both are excellent reading ).
    FYI, I don't have any problems getting the newly-released books/magazines.
    It's those pesky, hard-to-find older issues that's causing me so much heartache.