Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Marvel announces NuHuman team book Secret Warriors

BANNED

Kamala
    Moon Girl
    Daisy....

Sold, this along with Royals (only for Ewing) are the day 1 purchases for me.

Where are Iso, Naja or Grid? This is not a true Nu-human team book without them. I hope that Soule will use them in an upcoming book...

I'm excited for that! So that's why Daisy was on the Marvel Now poster. I'm glad Kamala is in cause she's the only character I'm interested besides Daisy, but maybe we should have someone who's not already appearing in two titles.

Kamala is trying something new with Champions and a member of a secret team seems to be something against this movement in Champions.

The same as MG she's a kid can not say think that's a good idea but the rest of the team is great and has great potential.

This is the only Inhumans book announced so far that I have 0 interest in.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Knives :
    Kamala is trying something new with Champions and a member of a secret team seems to be something against this movement in Champions.
    On one side is the clandestine spy element, represented by Quake. On the other is the superhero side, represented by Ms. Marvel. This book is sort of a tug of war between these two approaches
    this is from cbr article. This is not against her movement in Champions.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Kam is always good, but Daisy... I stopped was AoS ages ago, but is Skye still the typical nerd girl wish fulfillment character? Because... I'm afraid they'll do that to Daisy. And I'm saying that as someone who really liked Hickman's Secret Warriors.

I think Iso and Naja should be here. Both were interesting with cool future storylines possible (did we ever get a full, unambiguous retelling of Naja's backstory? I mean, she was a model/actress I'm pretty sure, but, y'know, confirmation please).

I'm not really gonna follow this monthly (I'm not following anything Inhumans monthly anymore), but it'd be cool if this worked out. But with Kam... isn't there an unofficial rule that characters can only be on one team at a time? Will this affect her stuff in Champions? Or is she a fake-out like Spidey was for Uncanny Avengers?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Bluebird

Daisy's look seems to be a hybrid of her comics (blue SHIELD jumpsuit) and her TV show look (fingerless gloves along with the gauntlet, long-ish hair, etc.)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This is the only Inhumans book announced so far that I have 0 interest in.
    Yep. No interest whatsoever for this book. I'm already pulling Ms. Marvel, Champions and MG & DD - why would i want this nonsense?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Kam is always good, but Daisy... I stopped was AoS ages ago, but is Skye still the typical nerd girl wish fulfillment character? Because... I'm afraid they'll do that to Daisy. And I'm saying that as someone who really liked Hickman's Secret Warriors.
    Without spoiling too much, let's just say she got a lot more serious than first season. Plus, I doubt the Skye thing has been used in the comics beyond a cute nod in that SHIELD comic from last year.

Huh. No snark intended, but I do wonder who the target audience for this book is intended to be. Lunella's from an all-ages title. Kamala's got a varied fanbase, but is mostly aimed at teens. And Karnak is kinda... intense and really doesn't seem like he'd fit in on a team with those two. But we'll see how it all falls out.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Huh. No snark intended, but I do wonder who the target audience for this book is intended to be. Lunella's from an all-ages title. Kamala's got a varied fanbase, but is mostly aimed at teens. And Karnak is kinda... intense and really doesn't seem like he'd fit in on a team with those two. But we'll see how it all falls out.
    I assume a fair bit of the reader base will probably be those familiar with Quake through the Agents of SHIELD TV show.
    Last edited by Stars & Stripes; 11-23-2016 at 07:37 AM.

DAMN IT!

They got Garron!!

<sigh> Okay.
    I'm getting Royals for the Ewing and this for the Garron.
    2017 gonna be PRICEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Knives :

On one side is the clandestine spy element, represented by Quake. On the other is the superhero side, represented by Ms. Marvel. This book is sort of a tug of war between these two approaches
    this is from cbr article. This is not against her movement in Champions.
    We're talking about Shield.

We know very well what kind of operation they do.

Champions is about doing things as heroes should do by following the rules and serving as an example and primarily by being honest and transparent.

Now how do you think those who believe in the ideal of Champions would feel to know that Kamala is part of a secret team with clandestine missions outside the radar of the law?

There is a contradiction here but again I have nothing against the comic and the staff are just a fan of Kamala who has shown some concern.