Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Why isn't this title not called INHUMAN Warriors given that the cast is made up of Inhuman characters ?

I mean Secret Warriors had variety, but this is just another INHUMANS related title so Shouldn't it be called INHUMAN Warriors ?

Also will this crossover into the On-goings of Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur ?

Still nice team cast though and it's seems that Kamala is rising in the ranks of her stardom at Marvel.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Huh. No snark intended, but I do wonder who the target audience for this book is intended to be. Lunella's from an all-ages title. Kamala's got a varied fanbase, but is mostly aimed at teens. And Karnak is kinda... intense and really doesn't seem like he'd fit in on a team with those two. But we'll see how it all falls out.
    Seems to be a catch all book, since they're got a really varied roster from teeny bopper nuhumans to serious adult inhumans.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Ummmmm, I think this might a pass from me.

The team doesn't look at all like a team who belong together. Ms Marvel being here doesnt seem to fit with the whole point of the Champions and I'm not sold on Moon Girl as I dislike hyper intelligent child characters. I do like Inferno though, but not enough to buy this just to see what he's up to.

First pass from me of the new Inhumans titles, but hey, can't get everything!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    We're talking about Shield.

We know very well what kind of operation they do.

Champions is about doing things as heroes should do by following the rules and serving as an example and primarily by being honest and transparent.

Now how do you think those who believe in the ideal of Champions would feel to know that Kamala is part of a secret team with clandestine missions outside the radar of the law?

There is a contradiction here but again I have nothing against the comic and the staff are just a fan of Kamala who has shown some concern.
    That's probably what a lot of the internal conflict between Kamala and Daisy will involve: The former wanting the team to operate as a full-out superhero team, while the latter wants to do the spy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Kam is always good, but Daisy... I stopped was AoS ages ago, but is Skye still the typical nerd girl wish fulfillment character? Because... I'm afraid they'll do that to Daisy. And I'm saying that as someone who really liked Hickman's Secret Warriors.

I think Iso and Naja should be here. Both were interesting with cool future storylines possible (did we ever get a full, unambiguous retelling of Naja's backstory? I mean, she was a model/actress I'm pretty sure, but, y'know, confirmation please).

I'm not really gonna follow this monthly (I'm not following anything Inhumans monthly anymore), but it'd be cool if this worked out. But with Kam... isn't there an unofficial rule that characters can only be on one team at a time? Will this affect her stuff in Champions? Or is she a fake-out like Spidey was for Uncanny Avengers?
    Nah, she's a lot more serious now. Since season 2/3, after she finds out she's an Inhuman and tons of shit happens to her. But tbh, looking at the interview, I don't think anyone has to worry about Daisy becoming her MCU version. The writer talked about her backstory, relationship with Fury and her role on the original Secret Warriors run, it looks like he gets the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Why isn't this title not called INHUMAN Warriors given that the cast is made up of Inhuman characters ?

I mean Secret Warriors had variety, but this is just another INHUMANS related title so Shouldn't it be called INHUMAN Warriors ?
    No because the MCU established secret warriors as an Inhuman spy team. So the comics will keep that going. Hickman's run is self contained so no real conflict there.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah, she's a lot more serious now. Since season 2/3, after she finds out she's an Inhuman and tons of shit happens to her. But tbh, looking at the interview, I don't think anyone has to worry about Daisy becoming her MCU version. The writer talked about her backstory, relationship with Fury and her role on the original Secret Warriors run, it looks like he gets the character.
    I mean, the only thing from the MCU that'll inspire her is just her general appearance looking sort-of like the TV show (if the promo art is any indication).

Niffleheim

This book is a push for Daisy poor thing. Sorry Marvel i'm not going to take the bait. No thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Seems to be a catch all book, since they're got a really varied roster from teeny bopper nuhumans to serious adult inhumans.
    Yeah. It could also be that this will be the "Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...!" book to the space-faring Royals title. In which case, Karnak makes a little more sense as the odd man out -- potentially the only old-school Inhuman in the bunch.

I don't know if it's the art or what, but this book feels like it's aimed at kids. Even daisy johnson looks like she's the same age as moon girl or ms. Marvel. And how can ms marvel be on two teams at the same time? Not sure about this one; i want to know where the rest of crystal's inhumans, reader and frank mcgee are going to turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah. It could also be that this will be the "Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...!" book to the space-faring Royals title. In which case, Karnak makes a little more sense as the odd man out -- potentially the only old-school Inhuman in the bunch.
    I'm hedging my bets with other Inhumans fans that there will probably be another team book on the way. Soule and his favourite Nuhumans don't have a book yet.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't know if it's the art or what, but this book feels like it's aimed at kids. Even daisy johnson looks like she's the same age as moon girl or ms. Marvel. And how can ms marvel be on two teams at the same time? Not sure about this one; i want to know where the rest of crystal's inhumans, reader and frank mcgee are going to turn up.
    If Wolverine could be on 5 teams and make guest spots in 20 books a month, then Kamala can be on 2 teams :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    No because the MCU established secret warriors as an Inhuman spy team. So the comics will keep that going. Hickman's run is self contained so no real conflict there.
    But didn't Hickman series had to deal with the offsprings of some of Marvel's powerful villains ?

Unless this series have a plan to Hide Devil Dinosaur when doing missions, then I can't take this idea seriously. MCU ties or not.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, the cover is not done by the interior artist, if that means anything.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wait? Moon Girl & Karnak on a team? That alone gives me pause.
    Is Kamala leaving Champions so soon? She's a teenage girl with teenage identity things to juggle. She's not Wolverine or Iron Man who can juggle a few team books(as illogical as that felt for them at times).

Quake is the only real element of interest for me. This will be a trade wait for sure.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

I could see Karnak and Daisy interacting in some kind of mutually beneficial fashion.

I can't see him with these other characters.

At all.