• I'm so skipping IvX

39 13.45%
  • ResurrXion can't come soon enough

81 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Death of X #4 spoilery spoiler thread - IDEAS NEVER DIE

I'm gonna put the gist of it (like hell, I'm gonna put most of it)

-Magneto blocks crystal and company from stopping cyclops
    -The Cuckoos distract Medusa and black bolt team from stopping Alchemy and sunfire
    -Alchemy with the help of sunfire changes the terrigen cloud into a red substance that's non lethal to humans, mutants and Inhumans but the kid dies from M pox
    -Cyclops goes to confront Medusa it goes something like this

Medusa : You've made us enemies forever
    Cyclops : your people started it with the cloud
    Medusa : That's not how it happened
    Cyclops : What matters is wich one is believed

- Cyclops says "IDEAS NEVER DIE"
    -Black bolt kills him with his sonic scream in front of the all new inhumans, uncanny X men, EXM, Tyke, etc...
    -One week later Cyclops is buried in muir Island
    -Storm gives the eulogy honouring cyclops life as a hero and warrior
    -Emma explains that x men and Inhumans have reached a truce
    -Magik took some random inhuman to limbo, and she probably knows what really happened
    -Alex tells Emma that's impossible for Cyclops to die like that (suicide by black bolt)
    -Emma takes havok to a chamber were Cyclops body is stored
    -She explains that Cyclops died in issue #1 by M pox
    -Emma says that she turned cyclops into an idea and IDEAS NEVER DIE, it looks like she is going crazy

Gist :
    Even with what happened here there's no logical explanation for Cyclops being considered Hitler, the worst villain ever or the rest of the world and the X men hating him... There's no collateral damage or mass deaths... Nice job X editors

Also... Don't forget that IDEAS NEVER DIE

Farewell theme

Scott Summers
    1963 - 2016

Teacher of the young , father of many, loving husband, ruthless warrior, faithful soldier, protector of the weak but more importantly HERO of MUTANTKIND
    May he rest in peace and his ideas and legacy be carried by those who succeed him

Strawpull about your reaction to Cyclops death

http://www.strawpoll.me/11720347
    Last edited by somacula; 11-23-2016 at 08:00 PM.

This mini was terrible from start to finish. Here, I thought the gas would back fire into something deadly, but nope.
    Last edited by vasir12; 11-23-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Yeah, this was pretty lackluster. and the big twist (that it was not Scott but Emma doing all of that, though it was split it he was dead or just incapacitated) is something that so many people saw coming.

I knew though, based off of where they left it at the end of issue 3, the only way it was coming to come off that "cyclops" was the second coming of Hitler was if the cloud was changed and accidentially destroyed Madrid, killing it's million-ish inhabitants. That was really the only way that was going to work and they didn't even come close to doing that. They made the cloud completely non-toxic.

There is nothing here that justifies the hate the world has for Cyclops at all. Sure I could understand the Inhumans themselves being enraged at his actions, but the world, and the other X-Men as well? No. And from Storm to go from saying what she says in honor of him at his funeral to what I've come to understand she says in EXM (I haven't read, the only thing I read is UXM now and this) makes absolutely no sense at all.

"Cyclops" sacrificed everything including his "life" to stop this thing in a non-threatening manner and all that's given in return is hate.

I give it a 2/10 and that's just for the artwork. Which is quite pretty.

FWIW on the poll I voted "Cyclops did absolutely nothing wrong" and "I Can't wait for Resurrexion" I may even pick up both the blue and gold books if the casts are decent.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 11-23-2016 at 08:59 AM.

BANNED

The worst part is that is Lemire that probably wrote most of this

I still like cyclops sacrifice tho... the mini suckd but cyclops is still a hero in the end

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Y
    There is nothing here that justifies the hate the world has for Cyclops at all. Sure I could understand the Inhumans themselves being enraged at his actions, but the world, and the other X-Men as well? No. And from Storm to go from saying what she says in honor of him at his funeral to what I've come to understand she says in EXM (I haven't read, the only thing I read is UXM now and this) makes absolutely no sense at all.

It's not rocket science. IF ANYONE can point out why anyone other than ALex knows the X-Men been lied to WITHIN THE STORY prior to EXM launch and not make sense then by all means.

It's the point to Alex and Emma final panels. The EXM are going off a deception, Not a fact. THE READERS KNOW THE TRUTH the characters WITHIN THE STORY DON'T except for Alex, Emma, the Cuckoos, and possibly Magneto and Ilyanna.

Where working together could've averted needless death and solving a problem we went to jumping to conclusions and fist to cuffs. VERY similar to how USA responded to the middle east and Muslims.

So this was the first good issue so far, the others were, at best scenario, ok.

Some things aren't clear:
    -the hate upon Sunfire but not upon Magik, while both were on Cyke's side.
    -I felt like Magic already knew what was happening with Cyke, but she kept it to herself.
    -Scott being a mutant Hitler while doing... Nothing really bad. I mean, there's been forgiveness for worst things in the MU

Glad Alex showed up, but I wonder where he is right now.
    I really liked the way Emma mourned Cyke's death.

Aaaaand I was right about this series since issue 1, which is great (for my ego)

I felt like this serie was relevant, but not as big as Marvel promised.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    The worst part is that is Lemire that probably wrote most of this
    He did, why do you think Illyana stands out the most throughout the mini?

It's the same transparency that's been given in EXM.

Why do you think Storm is portrayed the way she is in both EXM and DoX?

Mighty Member

Haven't people been saying that Cyclops killed Inhumans in-universe? The only characters that died at all in this were mutants. The Inhumans came off looking pretty terrible in this, IMO.

Er... Right, but why is Cyclops evil after all? On the funeral Storm seems like she's actually talking good stuff about him??? And then in EXM she suddenly hates him for no reason??? Damn, the changing the mist plot was like SO EASY to twist it against him and they just... didn't. Just say he made it kill other people instead, but without meaning it. That way people can see him as super evil even if he actually wasn't.
    At least the Emma twist was good. I know everyone already saw it coming but I still like it.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It's not rocket science. IF ANYONE can point out why anyone other than ALex knows the X-Men been lied to WITHIN THE STORY prior to EXM launch and not make sense then by all means.

It's the point to Alex and Emma final panels. The EXM are going off a deception, Not a fact. THE READERS KNOW THE TRUTH the characters WITHIN THE STORY DON'T except for Alex, Emma, the Cuckoos, and possibly Magneto and Ilyanna.

Where working together could've averted needless death and solving a problem we went to jumping to conclusions and fist to cuffs. VERY similar to how USA responded to the middle east and Muslims.
    Except the only people who died were Cyclops, Madrox, and Alchemy.

Even if they don't know that "Cyclops" was really a projection of Emma, what did "he" do here that made everyone hate him in the present?

BANNED

Added a poll, if anyone wants more poll options lemme know

Mighty Member

Beast has a lot of fucking nerve showing up at the funeral.

Needless death?

You make it sound like this lie could've saved millions of lives if Emma hadn't deceived almost everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Except the only people who died were Cyclops, Madrox, and Alchemy.

Even if they don't know that "Cyclops" was really a projection of Emma, what did "he" do here that made everyone hate him in the present?
    Start a war between 2 groups. That was the point of the first issue and the final panels of today's issue. Again not rocket science, Just fists no investigations. Hell issue one most of the Cycho's were complaining how scott jumped on inconclusive evidence.