• This story is terrible and it has more plot holes than batman v superman

91 31.38%
  • I'm so skipping IvX

39 13.45%
  • ResurrXion can't come soon enough

81 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

It turns out that the Cyclops simply ill m-pox in the first comic and died. And everything else was a performance by Emma.
    I do not understand the meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
    Now that I have had some time to think about it, perhaps Storm was just doing what she tought would be best at the time. When BB killed Scott, she did what she could to prevent any more casualities, because there and then the inhumans would annihalate the x-men (and since they already murdered Cyclops, nothing would stop them from doing the same to the others, to confront them would be certain death), she did that even if that meant having to "accept" Cyke's death, that is an action of a leader IMO.
    I agree, she went for a non conflict. Inhumans were just fine killing anyone on their way, terrigen mists are saced and must be protected at all costs;

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So what does Inhuman jurisdiction say on releasing a terrigen bomb that killed millions of mutants?
    What are you even going on about?

Emma is gonna make a comeback ! I can feel it.

That's what I'm most excited about.

this is pure trash. i'm embarrassed for the writers. this was just a horrendous mini that didn't keep mutants in character. not only that, it was incredibly dumb. what did scott do? a slap in the face to any cyclops fan or fans of a decent story. pure trash. he better come back during resurrection or else i'm dropping every x book i buy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
    Now that I have had some time to think about it, perhaps Storm was just doing what she tought would be best at the time. When BB killed Scott, she did what she could to prevent any more casualities, because there and then the inhumans would annihalate the x-men (and since they already murdered Cyclops, nothing would stop them from doing the same to the others, to confront them would be certain death), she did that even if that meant having to "accept" Cyke's death, that is an action of a leader IMO.
    Wait, what? Since when are the X-Men helpless against the Inhumans? Since when couldn't Storm suffocate both of those murderers on the spot? Since when couldn't Emma fry their brains? Black Bolt isn't THAT damn powerful. Storm didn't act like a leader, she kowtowed to them because of Plot. There's no other explanation for it.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Whew, this was a mess.

So the terrible thing Cyclops did wasn't so terrible after all. Thousands of inhumans and humans weren't killed. All he, Emma in reality, did was change the cloud so that it would no longer be toxic to mutants and all the while, there is still another terrigen cloud out there that is still turning humans into inhumans. This entire story was a mess. The Emma twist was interesting, though it was predicted by others, and it should be interesting to see where she goes from here. Although it didn't really happen, Black Bolt's and Medusa's actions continue to make them look like assholes. So Cyclops (Emma) got rid of one of your clouds, and you decide to kill him? The double standard is amazing. The only people that were negatively affected in this story was the mutants. Cyclops, Multiple Man, and Alchemy all died to the toxic terrigen cloud, and yet the inhumans aren't really responsible for those deaths just cause they didn't mean to. What a load of bull. I understand that the terrigen is important to their people, but they still have another one, and no one is holding Black Bolt accountable for all the lives affected by his actions. This was just dumb and continues to be extremely lopsided.

I am probably one of the few people that enjoyed the series. It shows why the current relationship between the mutants and inhumans is as strained as it is and why Storm and a few other X-Men were annoyed at Scott.
    The three important things that come out of the story, however, are just how much Emma loved Scott, why Magik is amazing and Young Scott seeing himself die.

Jean loved Scott but if he was dying and told her not to let things end that way. She wouldn't have done what Emma did. Emma gave Cyclops the death that she thought he deserved. Instead of being remembered as another casualty to the T-cloud he will be remembered as a soldier who died in battle trying to save mutantkind. As a reader I think that's a proper way to do a character justice. His actual death was in a believable manner but he was still given the proper grandiose send-off that a long-standing superhero should get. To that end it makes Emma look like an amazing person because beneath all of her snark and Emmaness was a person who was deeply in love with someone and instead of letting her sadness and grief get hte better of her to do something terrible. She used it to make Scott look like a hero and a rallying voice for anyone who wanted to stand up against the Inhumans.

Magik is also great because in the comic run she has been especially harsh in her critisms towards Cyclops. But now we know she is aware that Emma was playing puppetmaster with the entire situation. So everytime she criticizes "Cyclops" she actually means Emma. Which is great because it shows she understands what Emma was doing and why they need to keep up the illusion but she is still mad at Emma for doing it.

On Storm's side I fully understand why her and Medusa are annoyed with 'Cyclops'. Because when the cloud became an issue Storm approached Medusa and they had already agreed to find a way to neutralize the lethality of the cloud on mutants. Then Cyclops shows up and neutralizes one of the clouds which almost undid the cooperation pact they set up earlier. Nw each side is going to be leery of the other and any incidents that may occur will make them wonder if it was simply an isolated incident or done in retaliation for the cloud being neutralized or Cyclops being killed.

And finally the panel where Young Scott sees himself die is just fantastic. That is a look of "Oh wow. So THIS is how I die!?!" Since they don't know what went down exactly in the mist I can only imagine what kind of scenarios he has played out in his head that lead to Black Bolt killing his future self.

So I enjoyed it and the biggest question I leave with is: What has Emma been doing this whole time?

so Cyclops did nothing wrong.
    Inhumans are mad because....?
    all this Cyclops hate for what again?
    X-Men writers have no idea what they are doing. This whole one story makes all the other X-Men stories that came out after Secret War dumb and flawed. If they are going to reboot the X-Men please do it now. i dont get how saving lives on both sides of a war equals to being judge as Hitler?
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Not much to add for me. I did like how Emma seems to be losing her ****. Those last couple panels of her looked pretty awesome. Didn't know she was that powerful, though...

There's so much unmitigated trash to talk about here that I'm sure I'll die of old age before I can make a complete comment (SERIOUSLY?! this was the noodle incident? this is what's been alluded to for the past year? this is what people have waited to see??) so instead I'll just say:

Edit: I only intended to write an extra sentence or two, I got carried away

How on Earth are there so few people at Cyke's funeral? Why are only two in funeral wear? If he'd truly done something horrible, this would make sense. Who'd turn up to Hitler's funeral? But he clearly did nothing wrong, even if you take EmmaClops' actions to be his own. There's no justification for any of the post-humous treatment of Cyclops, certainly not by Magik or young Jean or young Cyclops. The dude was an actual world leader in the days of Utopia; all he gets is Storm making a cold,emotionless speech at a rock on muir island?
    Not only does Scott get an underwhelming death, essentially dying off-panel, but there appears to have been little to no attempt to make the absence of Scott freaking Summers emotional. God help me, The Twelve gave him a better send off.
    How are the X-Men not curing the names of the Inhumans? Diplomacy makes sense, but there gets to a point where you stop dealing with terrorists. Even if you take the T-Mists as unintentional murder, which after DoX I'd argue it is not, "Cyclops" was murdered with the direct intent of suppressing mutant life. How is the peace not a strained one? How do you be amicable and believe in the best of an enemy that has killed your own?

and for the love of all that is holy HOW do you conflate any of these actions with bloody Hitler? Editorial, Lemire, Soule, Marvel themselves, whoever, somebody's got some explaining to do.

I'm an inarticulate mess right now, but lordy I think that's justified. Certainly my messy thoughts are more justified than this Cyclops hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Wait, what? Since when are the X-Men helpless against the Inhumans? Since when couldn't Storm suffocate both of those murderers on the spot? Since when couldn't Emma fry their brains? Black Bolt isn't THAT damn powerful. .
    They could, but is not like that wouldn't cause even more mutant deaths. Just for messing with the damn cloud Medusa already said Scott made them mortal enemies and ****. Instead of going to war, rushed and without a plan to make she actually built a more safe place for young mutants in limbo and made the deal of trying to find a way to fix the cloud(Beast and Iso team up). Of course that hasn't been succesful and that's why we are getting a war after all, but she couldn't know that at the time.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    What has Emma been doing this whole time?

Maybe she's been manipulating the emotions and memories of everyone involved? Implanting memories, turning up emotional reactions, changing perceptions and casting illusions (its also beyond her scope of power without help). Because that's the only explanation that would acceptable at this point. Being continuously mind screwed. And if that's whats been going on, then they failed to get that across in the end of the issue.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    so Cyclops did nothing wrong.
    Inhumans are mad because....?
    all this Cyclops hate for what again?
    X-Men writers have no idea what they are doing. This whole one story makes all the other X-Men stories that came out after Secret War dumb and flawed. If they are going to reboot the X-Men please do it now. i dont get how saving lives on both sides of a war equals to being judge as Hitler?
    This Crap is why I stopped buying X-Men comics. They are just dumb. They really are. And the company line of making Cyclops out to be Hitler just boggles my mind. There is no justification for it. At least I've been able to funnel my money into better comics now. Goodbye X-World.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    How on Earth are there so few people at Cyke's funeral? Why are only two in funeral wear? If he'd truly done something horrible, this would make sense. Who'd turn up to Hitler's funeral? But he clearly did nothing wrong, even if you take EmmaClops' actions to be his own.
    Lol. People at the funeral and how they were dressed is the least of the problems here. It's not like there was an actual plot point, it was just drawn that way.