• I'm so skipping IvX

39 13.45%
  • ResurrXion can't come soon enough

81 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Beast has a lot of fucking nerve showing up at the funeral.
    lol true, Emma now has everyone who previously opposed Cyclops believing he's dead. Convenient, no?

I must concede there are a few things I did like- Ideas never die was certainly a good send-off for Scott.

A pity it wasn't him naturally, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

BANNED

I bet editorial stepped in and stopped them from doing something really ballsy with the cloud (like killing a bunch of humans with what Alchemy did to it, or something).

I wish more writers did Evilclops in this V for Vendetta style. It would have been... more than what we got?

BANNED

This feels like old times, in Bendis days we'd make it to 20 pages by the end of the day of back and forth discussion about what cyclops did... I still miss Bendis times, you know?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I bet editorial stepped in and stopped them from doing something really ballsy with the cloud (like killing a bunch of humans with what Alchemy did to it, or something).

I wish more writers did Evilclops in this V for Vendetta style. It would have been... more than what we got?
    I'm sorry cyclops isn't evil, maybe next time...

I don't get it, did you guys honestly want Cyclops to come off as Hitler? It would've tainted the character much more if he did manage to kill a lot of innocent people. As much as the IvX conflict annoys me, if it's going to happen, I rather the side I support don't come off badly as... say the Inhumans currently are.

The reactions post-DoX do read as very exaggerated and don't match given what was revealed in the mini, but I can't say I'm disappointed that Emma and Cyclops weren't portrayed as full-on villains. More relieved they weren't completely character assassinated (even if in-universe they are treated that way).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't get it, did you guys honestly want Cyclops to come off as Hitler? It would've tainted the character much more if he did manage to kill a lot of innocent people. As much as the IvX conflict annoys me, if it's going to happen, I rather the side I support don't come off badly as... say the Inhumans currently are.

The reactions post-DoX do read as very exaggerated and don't match given what was revealed in the mini, but I can't say I'm disappointed that Emma and Cyclops weren't portrayed as full-on villains. More relieved they weren't completely character assassinated (even if in-universe they are treated that way).
    It's making me at least lose whatever faith I had in editorial for making a compelling story where when things go to crap, some rise as heroes, some fall, and some straddle that line in desperation. Knowing ahead of the time that they won't bite the bullet and commit is just...disappointing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It's making me at least lose whatever faith I had in editorial for making a compelling story where when things go to crap, some rise as heroes, some fall, and some straddle that line in desperation. Knowing ahead of the time that they won't bite the bullet and commit is just...disappointing.
    Some did rise and fall. The Inhumans are just the one's that have kept falling, despite the way writers portray them in-universe (or maybe it's intentional despite higher mandates).

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    This feels like old times, in Bendis days we'd make it to 20 pages by the end of the day of back and forth discussion about what cyclops did... I still miss Bendis times, you know?
    He's the headstream of sh*ts.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

This ended much better than I thought but still, the glaring discrepancy between what in-universe characters have been saying about Scott va what he do it's strange.

The only logical explanation I can come up with is that they didn't have al the details to death of x figured out when they wrote those lines but they decided to change the death of x story somewhat later on. I'm just going to assume that because otherwise my head would inplde
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

So, for a mini that was quite terrible, the ending wasn't that bad, I liked the "Ideas never die" theme, specially since it reminded me so much of V for Vendetta and I loved the "Ideas are bulletproof" phrase.

My opinions here:

- "Cyclops" was right. There's just not denying it. The actions they took were needed and correct, a shame Alchemy had to die but they all ended up saving millions. comic!People overreacting and the whole Hitler Cyclops is just terrible writing or Inhumans being assholes. There was no harm to neither Humans or Inhumans, and the crappy cloud was killing Mutants so the Inhumans can fuck off, their cloud was dangerous and "Cyclops" actions were justified.

- I loved the Cuckoos here.

- I'm actually impressed by Emma, I guess it's easy to say that her powers came back stronger. She fooled the WHOLE world, even people like Black Bolt and Medusa with her Telepathy, it seemed that Magik did manage to finally see through it, but she even managed to fool her, which actually say a lot about her power's growth. I'm pleased, after so much of powerless Emma I'm glad to see her TP is stronger.

- I still don't understand how the Mutants could actually make a "truce" with the Inhumans (at least for now), they saw BB "killing" Cyclops, how could they be OK with it? When "Cyclops" did NOTHING wrong, he didn't harm the Inhumans in any way and their stupid "sacred" cloud was poisoning them. I'm actually glad the X-Men still have the likes of Magneto, because we need more people not kissing the stupid Inhumans butts.

- About the last page, I didn't take it as Emma going crazy, it seems more like the art is giving the wrong impression. If you go to some of the pages illustrated by the same artist, even in previous issues, when the characters smile they always look like they're insane.

- The panel when "Cyclops" said that "Ideas never die" while charging his optic blast looked amazing.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 11-23-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    *facepalm* WHAT NARRATIVE?! Please show me where I gave every other X-Man who stood by and did nothing a pass. I'm simply singling out Storm because she's the other leader of the X-Men (thereby making her responsible for the actions of those she leads, that's how leadership works), and she failed by allowing Black Bolt to murder Cyclops and doing nothing. This doesn't make the other X-Men less culpable, but Storm actually has the ability TO stop what happened and she didn't. She let them do it, she let them walk away, and THEN she negotiated a truce when she should've suffocated Black Bolt and Medusa on the spot and been done with this nonsense.

She did it to Sinister without harming anyone else in the room. I believe someone actually posted a panel of her doing exactly that on these boards in the last day or two. If I find the post, I'll link you to it.
    Technically speaking, we don't know if they got into a fight or not. So you're making an assumption...all we know is Storm and her crew arrived as Blackbolt killed the mental image of Cyke.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-23-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    He's the headstream of sh*ts.
    He didn't wrote this story or the terrigen nonsense... The ending of his run was open ended and X men could have gone anywhere from there

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

This final issue was suppose to make me hate Cyclops, right? It literally did the opposite. I love him again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    all we know is that the X-men witness Storm and her crew arrived as Blackbolt killed the mental image of Cyke.
    What else do we need to know? She's been on panel for months now being completely aghast whenever a mutant even looks at an Inhuman the wrong way.