• I'm so skipping IvX

39 13.45%
  • ResurrXion can't come soon enough

81 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Haven't read the story, but based on those images, the world thinks he opted to wield the power of the bi-polar world destroying fire bird; that's a pretty good reason not to be thrilled with him.
    What are you talking about?

Another lady goes cray cray. well done marvel.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    DID I say he was Hitler, no but since when does Companies like Marvel not embellish and over hype events Most of everyone of this damn forum as acting this is a effing New thing for Marvel to do.

Mutants hate him more than ever based on a lie/deception. Over the to groups fighting angle (weak as it is)
    1) The people in the comics are acting like he's Hitler because of what he did, with humans now hating mutants more than ever.

2) The mutants hate him in the present, but in this issue they were all sad at his funeral with Storm praising him. What changed?

Extraordinary Member

Haven't read the story, but based on those images, the world thinks he opted to wield the power of the bi-polar world destroying fire bird; that's a pretty good reason not to be thrilled with him.
    Those images are from Secret Wars issue 1. The phoenix has nothing to do with Death of X.

These pics on the OP are not from DOX, lol.

Mighty Member

This is the problem with retroactive stories. You'd better make sure your continuity is tight or they will not work at all. Let Death of X be a cautionary tale to other writers.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

What happened to those pages of Emma timing herself on the cliff? They were meant to be in this weren't they?

Also predicted one cloud would be destroyed and the Cyclops thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    These pics on the OP are not from DOX, lol.
    Oh... then I agree, WTF, is everyone upset with cyclops for?

I understand the inhumans position, but any mutant is more then justified to try to take out the cloud and kill any inhumans who get in the way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    What happened to those pages of Emma timing herself on the cliff? They were meant to be in this weren't they?

Also predicted one cloud would be destroyed and the Cyclops thing.
    I think that was a IvX preview.

And everyone predicted Cyclops being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    2) The mutants hate him in the present, but in this issue they were all sad at his funeral with Storm praising him. What changed?
    The worst part is that I don't think there will be an explanation for this at all. Lemire just changed his mind a bit and then ignored his own story. It probably has to do with editorial asking him to build the Cyclops hate when he didn't actually wanted to portray him as that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Nope, these are from IvX already.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I think that was a IvX preview.

And everyone predicted Cyclops being dead.
    Oh okay. Thanks.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this whole series was garbage and not sure what was so bad that mutants have talked crap as much as mutants did about cyclops. it was just a complete and utter crappy story and im sure ivx will let be even crappier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    DID I say he was Hitler, no but since when does Companies like Marvel not embellish and over hype events Most of everyone of this damn forum as acting this is a effing New thing for Marvel to do.
    The "wait, what did Cyke do again?" isn't just down to Brevoort doing his carnival barker act, though. This is just bad writing on Lemire's part because the reaction of the cast after the fact doesn't match the actual scope of "Cyclops'" actions. Whatever he did was supposedly so bad, Jeen couldn't actually give the details to Logan. It was so bad that Piotr was having nightmares about how Scott had doomed the mutant race. It was so bad that Sunfire was getting the pariah treatment from Storm and Magik for siding with Scott. And so on and so forth.

And what it turned out "Cyclops" had actually done was give the Inhumans some bad -- but not entirely untrue -- PR, and partially eliminate within days a lethal threat to mutants that no one else in the MU has made any headway on in almost a year in-story. So I don't think it's out of line for people to be incredulous that this is what all the fuss was about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    This is the problem with retroactive stories. You'd better make sure your continuity is tight or they will not work at all. Let Death of X be a cautionary tale to other writers.
    This right here.

I could only come to one possible conclusion after finishing Death of X: the writers didn't have a plan to fill in the blanks post-SW and don't know what the **** they're doing, and hence we got this sloppy attempt to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The worst part is that I don't think there will be an explanation for this at all. Lemire just changed his mind a bit and then ignored his own story. It probably has to do with editorial asking him to build the Cyclops hate when he didn't actually wanted to portray him as that bad.

Nope, these are from IvX already.
    I think either Lemire or editorial pushed for the Cyclops Hitler angle and then changed their minds