• I'm so skipping IvX

39 13.45%
  • ResurrXion can't come soon enough

81 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    That's...well, that's pretty stupid, actually. If Cyclops were rounding up Inhumans and putting them in concentration camps, maybe I could see the comparison, but... really? Ugh.

Also, here's my next quibble: how in the hell did Black Bolt kill Cyclops in front of all of those X-Men and still get to draw breath afterwards? My disgust for Storm lately definitely went up a notch after I re-read that panel. They flat-out MURDERED Cyclops in front of their eyes and the X-Men did nothing. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees it that way.
    Yes cause it wasn't even him, and they were arriving on the Battlegrounds.... Hell Sunfire stood there as well Don't see you giving the same mantra.

This was so lame. The fact that Marvel allowed Cyclops to even be compared to Hitler is extreme and just plain dumb.

The story does not fit.

Editorial really needs to get their **** together because this mini doesnt explain any of the feelings or characterizations of many individuals after Secret Wars.

Fail on Fail on Fail. Glad I'm not picking any of these "events". Im afraid Ressurxion is going to be a mess as well.

BANNED

I've received an exxxxxxclusive photograph from the X office, specifically the office were Lemire and soule wrote this "story"

That's...well, that's pretty stupid, actually. If Cyclops were rounding up Inhumans and putting them in concentration camps, maybe I could see the comparison, but... really? Ugh.

Also, here's my next quibble: how in the hell did Black Bolt kill Cyclops in front of all of those X-Men and still get to draw breath afterwards? My disgust for Storm lately definitely went up a notch after I re-read that panel. They flat-out MURDERED Cyclops in front of their eyes and the X-Men did nothing. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees it that way.
    Perhaps we'll be receiving further flashback information once IvX hits, to further explain.

Ultimate Member

I haven't read through the thread but all I can think of is that this is pretty stupid.

Cyclops (or Emma Frost) didn't exactly do anything to warrant an individual being labeled "Hitler".

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    You're right. It was definitely Brevoort but I'm pretty sure the other writers and editors joined in on this too.

This was/is/and will remain confusing. There's absolutely nothing here to justify the start of Extraordinary X-men and even worse, this is written by the current writer of said title. How do you set up plot points in your book and then when given a chance to elaborate on them, you just throw them aside. Nothing in this book makes sense in regards to mutants being hunted and hated even more. Nothing in this book explains why any of them would hate 'Scott' unless there was a ton of humans bummed out cause they missed the quicker chance to go through terrigenesis. I'm still completely baffled why any mutant involved in this story isn't wearing a gas mask when interacting with the mist.

spoilers:
    And the whole Emma thing is just so crazy. As if this woman hasn't lost countless loved ones and soldiered on after that. That's one of her defining traits. Her breakdown makes no sense
    end of spoilers
    I think everything(Well, except not telling the X-Men the truth) Emma did it's actually pretty understandable and reasonable. It's quite ridiculous that they're making her look crazy for it.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I've received an exxxxxxclusive photograph from the X office, specifically the office were Lemire and soule wrote this "story"

Right, so right.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Perhaps we'll be receiving further flashback information once IvX hits, to further explain.
    I thought this entire story was the flashback.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I hope so, because the only way that the X-Men come away from doing nothing to stop or avenge Cyclops' "murder" at Black Bolt's hands is by knowing from the get-go that Cyclops was actually Emmaclops. And since the issue goes on to establish that they don't know, well, Storm couldn't look more weak and pathetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I haven't read through the thread but all I can think of is that this is pretty stupid.

Cyclops (or Emma Frost) didn't exactly do anything to warrant an individual being labeled "Hitler".
    Remember the modern meaning of Hitler

BANNED

I hope so, because the only way that the X-Men come away from doing nothing to stop or avenge Cyclops' "murder" at Black Bolt's hands is by knowing from the get-go that Cyclops was actually Emmaclops. And since the issue goes on to establish that they don't know, well, Storm couldn't look more weak and pathetic.
    You haven't read civil war II X men, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    You haven't read civil war II X men, right?
    I make it a point to never read anything Bendis writes. Fool me once...

So I guess we will have to ignore the whole "Hitler" thing, the fact that Scott doomed the mutant race and that everyone hates him... Ignoring bad writing, what a surprise.

To be honest, the Inhumans killing "Cyclops" was much worse than changing the mist. I know they adore it and that he was about to blast them, but they weren't defending themselves, what they did was execusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I thought this entire story was the flashback.
    Well, I don't have a copy yet, but based on the conversations here it seems there is a time gap between the death and the funeral, yes?

Perhaps there is more to tell within that time, via flashback in IvX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I feel like there must be some vital info missing here, because this so does not live up to the hype. Just what did "Cyclops" do that was so terrible then? Inconvenience baselines who wanted to become NuHumans? I can see why the Inhumans would still be upset with him, but seriously? This is what Cyke did that "doomed" the mutant race? Let folks know the T-Mist was deadly and got rid of half of it? That would MAYBE make sense if Storm & Co. had been lamenting the fact that he couldn't stop both clouds, but writers have made it sound like he was the reason for the latest attempts at mutant genocide. TBH, from all the fuss we've had across multiple titles -- X-Books and otherwise -- it feels like Lemire had something much worse planned for Cyke, then someone stepped in and told him to tone it down when it came time for the reveal.
    I think that was it. Lemire had something much worse planned for Cyclops, but editorial decided not go that route, especially with Resurrexion coming.