Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow's" Kreisberg, Sokolowski Take Over "Green Arrow" in October

"Arrow" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, writer Ben Sokolowski and artist Daniel Sampere take over "Green Arrow" on October 1.

Full article here.

Wow, this sucks.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Didn't Kreisberg drop out of Vibe because there was too much on his plate? Not bashing the guy, just wondering if this means he will have a long run or will DC have to scramble to get someone else on the book. Don't read Green Arrow so can't comment on what the fans will think about Lemire off. Though Lemire will presumably still get to use Ollie in Justice League United so there's still that.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sorrentino and Lemire are currently putting out A+ work on GA, so I'm really deflated by this news. I wanted at least another year with those two.

Oh No, Not That Guy Greg McElhatton's Avatar

I hope the new creative team does a stellar job, and I'll definitely take a look. But I'm clearly not the only one who's been blown away by Lemire and Sorrentino's work on the title. Hopefully we'll see another collaboration from the duo before too long.

Wow, this make me kinda sad. We'll only get one more issue from Lemire and Sorrentino.

Astonishing Member

Worst news ever.

Totally sucks, I'm guessing I won't be continuing on with Green Arrow after this. I will follow Sorrentino wherever he goes though. Talk about a top notch Green Arrow run this creative team had.

This is a good creative team, but I'm sad Lemire is leaving the book; I thought he had more long term plans.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

I must admit to being disappointed. I just got into Lemire and Sorrentino's run and picked up all the back issues. I like the show Arrow, but l was enjoying both versions of the character. I'll give it a shot (no pun intended), but I'm skeptical. I just got into this book and now it's a creative team switch. I was hoping for a good run from both Lemire and Sorrentino, as what they are doing is so much fun and very interesting.

Astonishing Member

Jesus, that's 3 bad announcements in a row from DC.

Next up, Liefeld takes over Action Comics from Pak/Kuder.
    Last edited by Kid A; 07-03-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I don't get why they'd change a creative team that were producing such stellar work?!
    Bad move DC.
    At least I still get to read Lemire' s Ollie in JLU.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Didn't Kreisberg drop out of Vibe because there was too much on his plate? Not bashing the guy, just wondering if this means he will have a long run or will DC have to scramble to get someone else on the book. Don't read Green Arrow so can't comment on what the fans will think about Lemire off. Though Lemire will presumably still get to use Ollie in Justice League United so there's still that.
    There are two writers this time and I'm sure the other one will be doing the heavy lifting this time.

Amazing Member

Ouch. Bad, bad news as Lemire's GA has consistently been brilliant from the first issue. Loved the writing, loved the art. Will give the new team a chance but they'll need to do something really special to even match Lemire and Sorrentino's run.