Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

The current team either took a better deal or failed to make a deal. If it's a better deal, then they will show up in Action, 'Tec, or something big. Taking them off of GA just to give them something like Stormwatch, Doom Patrol, Cyborg, or some other nobody that is doomed to failure seems like a waste. I would like to see a Booster or Blue Beetle story, but it would only last until they left and then get cancelled. I suppose that GL is a possibility, but I think Johns' is more likely to leave Action it would give it the same "not mainstream" feel as Manapul and Buccellato's 'Tec has.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    The current team either took a better deal or failed to make a deal. If it's a better deal, then they will show up in Action, 'Tec, or something big. Taking them off of GA just to give them something like Stormwatch, Doom Patrol, Cyborg, or some other nobody that is doomed to failure seems like a waste. I would like to see a Booster or Blue Beetle story, but it would only last until they left and then get cancelled. I suppose that GL is a possibility, but I think Johns' is more likely to leave Action it would give it the same "not mainstream" feel as Manapul and Buccellato's 'Tec has.
    Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato has just started on Detective so Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino will not get that title. That would at least be very surprising. It is also possible that the Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino won't get a new book. Who says they are going to work together in the future? Jeff Lemire is already writing a couple of books. The most logical would be giving them a new book to work with. Maybe Jeff has a plot for a character there hasn't been used in the new 52. Both a Shazam and cyborg series seems to be on the drawing table. Jeff could be involved in one of those titles even though it seems like Geoff Johns will be involved. Just because Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino have stopped on the book (according to them on their own terms) mean that they ave gotten a worse deal with DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato has just started on Detective so Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino will not get that title. That would at least be very surprising. It is also possible that the Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino won't get a new book. Who says they are going to work together in the future? Jeff Lemire is already writing a couple of books. The most logical would be giving them a new book to work with. Maybe Jeff has a plot for a character there hasn't been used in the new 52. Both a Shazam and cyborg series seems to be on the drawing table. Jeff could be involved in one of those titles even though it seems like Geoff Johns will be involved. Just because Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino have stopped on the book (according to them on their own terms) mean that they ave gotten a worse deal with DC.
    I'm just saying that if these two did in fact leave the B-Lister that DC was turning into an A-lister just when when it was becoming successful I doubt it was for a C-lister like Cyborg or Shazam! (and I love Captain Marvel). I'm guessing it's for one of the many titles that Johns is writing (like Action) so that he has time to get to the other titles he wants to do (like Shazam!).

Looks like Lemire's exclusive contract with DC has expired. So much with him being Johns' heir apparent. He already has a creator owned book coming out with Dark Horse and more announcements to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I'm just saying that if these two did in fact leave the B-Lister that DC was turning into an A-lister just when when it was becoming successful I doubt it was for a C-lister like Cyborg or Shazam! (and I love Captain Marvel). I'm guessing it's for one of the many titles that Johns is writing (like Action) so that he has time to get to the other titles he wants to do (like Shazam!).
    Yes, it seems like a reasonable solution that they would take one of Johns titles. Before it just came across like they would get any big title since you mentioned Detective (which has just gotten a new creative team).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Looks like Lemire's exclusive contract with DC has expired. So much with him being Johns' heir apparent. He already has a creator owned book coming out with Dark Horse and more announcements to come.
    I'm not sure about that; he's done creator owned book at Top Shelf during his exclusive with DC.

Either way, I have to say I've found his DC work to be really mediocre, especially compared to his creator-owned. Even Green Arrow had mostly just the art going for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    This is terrible news...Lemire and Sorrentino were doing brilliant work. So this will basically be Arrow 2.0 now
    If you're taking into account the exact opposite of what they said, sure.