Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Jesus, that's 3 bad announcements in a row from DC.

Next up, Liefeld takes over Action Comics from Pak/Kuder.
    I've been a bit out of the loop lately. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what were the other two?

Amazing Member

First WW, now this... WTF. Two best(est) DC series seem to go straight into the crapper (if Kreisberg's previous run on GA/BC is any indicator).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mister Lemire, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What were the other two you're talking about? Most of DC's announcements sound bad to me anyway.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

DC why have you forsaken MEEEEEEEE!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What were the other two you're talking about? Most of DC's announcements sound bad to me anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I've been a bit out of the loop lately. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what were the other two?
    The Wonder Woman and Deathstroke announcements. I'm so-so on Wonder Woman (will try regardless) but I think Deathstroke is pretty meh. Seriously, Tony Daniel? Him drawing is fine, but writing? After Hawkman and Detective Comics? Really?!
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 07-03-2014 at 09:20 AM.

BANNED

Next up, Liefeld takes over Action Comics from Pak/Kuder.
    Yeah, really. Four if Gotham Academy/Arkham Manor turn out to be a bust.

Well surely the laws of the universe should give us something good next. Failing that, Multiversity starts next month, so...

Astonishing Member

1. Finches on WW
    2. Daniel writing Deathstroke

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Finches on WW and Daniel writing Deathstroke.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    *takes deep breath*

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!

Astonishing Member

It's as if DC just took a time machine and just went 3 years back in time, when all the worst decisions about the DC relaunch were made.
    Seriously, didn't they learn anything? For example, that Lemire is better than Kreisberg and Sorrentino is better than Sampere?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    I don't get why they'd change a creative team that were producing such stellar work?!
    Because it allows a closer tie to the TV show and attracts all those mythical "new readers" that rarely show up for it. Although I've been saying for months that DC needed to promote the hell out of the first Lemire trade (TV ads during Arrow, Ads in Entertainment Weekly/TV Guide) as it was a great jumping-on point and later introduced elements of the show like Diggle. But I guess it's easier to change creative teams and cross your fingers than it is to actually put in the money and effort to promote something.

I'll read the first few issues and hope. I gave up on Vibe after about three issues as it bored me, but any creator can turn out a bad book here and there. I want this to be good, but I'm going into it cautious.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

1. Finches on WW
    2. Daniel writing Deathstroke
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Finches on WW and Daniel writing Deathstroke.
    Wow, just wow. That is some bad news. I just have to hold on until Multiversity then. Those announcements just hurt.

Lol.
    Hopefully this means more creator-owned work from Lemire.
    BB

Disappointed, but maybe this could free up Lemire and Sorrentino to do an Outsiders series.

Extraordinary Member

Well, this news just fucked my day in the arse with a chainsaw. Kreisberg, as good as he has been for TV's Arrow, is also the writer of the mediocre Green Arrow/Black Canary run from a few years prior to the New 52 relaunch. Daniel Sampere is simply a DC house-style artist, who has yet to develop a style all his own, and comes off the recently cancelled Pandora series. Green Arrow already suffers from low sales. I have serious doubts, I'm incredibly sorry to say, that this new team will improve sales in any way. But I'll be sticking around to find out.