Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

No no no no no no no no no no no no
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

That really sucks. The Sorrentino and Lemire GA was, for me, filling a hole left a few years ago when The Immortal Iron Fist team of Bru, Aja, and Fraction stepped aside. This is probably it for me and GA comic wise. Love the show, but I liked what these guys were doing with the comic.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

I'm excited for this. I couldn't get into Lemire's run, so I'll definitely be checking out this new creative team.

And just to think that there were a couple of posts on this forum recently about how DC had finally hit it's stride with a wide array of great books. This time next year they likely won't be great any more...

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I enjoy 'Arrow', but this is terrible news. This is one of the best creative teams. Why?
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

BANNED

I was never a fan of Sorrentino, so I'm happy with this move.

Astonishing Member

Oh god, what's going to happen to Emiko?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Worst news ever, what ever happened to the Arrow adaption comic, why not let them guys have that, ugh, highly disappointed with Geoff's decision here, Lemire and Sorrentino get kicked to the curb because these guys want in, unbelievable...

Oh well, it was wanna Dc's best while it lasted, damn, two issues left, sigh, hopefully Lemire and Sorrentino will work on something else together, whatever they decide to do, I'm there...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Lemire mentioned on Twitter that he chose to leave the book and will complete his run, rather than being booted off. He also teased exciting announcements coming soon, so hopefully this won't be the last we'll see of him and Sorrentino together at DC. Also bear in mind he is working Green Arrow on JLU right now - but it still won't be the same.

https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/statu...35064375574528

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! For me, Green Arrow is the best book being put out by the Big 2. It has consistently been the best book at DC over the last year for sure. All I can hope is that they don't lose Sorrentino (If not, I expect to see him on a Bat book soon)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Lemire mentioned on Twitter that he chose to leave the book and will complete his run, rather than being booted off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...it was our choice to end out run there and move on the new things. Lots of exciting announcements coming soon!</p>— Jeff Lemire (@JeffLemire) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/statuses/484735064375574528">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Well, at least he is moving on with other titles. Excited for his (or their? Maybe another Sorrentino/Lemire team up will be coming) new project
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Here's a thought: Lemire and Sorrentino could move over to Constantine and do the same thing that they did for Green Arrow and turn the book on its head with the TV series. Constantine's a decent book rather than a poor one though like GA was previously, so another suggestion that cropped up in the comments of the above status that I posted was Catwoman. And I'd totally be on board for a Lemire/Sorrentino Catwoman book. Or to see them on any book at DC again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Worst news ever, what ever happened to the Arrow adaption comic, why not let them guys have that, ugh, highly disappointed with Geoff's decision here, Lemire and Sorrentino get kicked to the curb because these guys want in, unbelievable...

Oh well, it was wanna Dc's best while it lasted, damn, two issues left, sigh, hopefully Lemire and Sorrentino will work on something else together, whatever they decide to do, I'm there...
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Lemire mentioned on Twitter that he chose to leave the book and will complete his run, rather than being booted off. He also teased exciting announcements coming soon, so hopefully this won't be the last we'll see of him and Sorrentino together at DC. Also bear in mind he is working Green Arrow on JLU right now - but it still won't be the same.

https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/statu...35064375574528
    Yeah, I wish when there was a creative change it wasn't always "DC is booting this person off of the book!". Sometimes creatives just get tired of doing the same thing for too long. Or even if the idea starts with editorial for them to move on, doesn't mean they don't necessarily agree.

Well I hope Emiko will still be somewhere, she seemed like a good new addition to the DC Universe. Maybe she could join Lemire's JLU and get good role models/older sister types with the girls of the group. Lemire creates good characters who then vanish (like the fishy lady in Frankenstein who was a cool character but only subsequent appearance was to die in Futures End) so they need to be kept going.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! For me, Green Arrow is the best book being put out by the Big 2. It has consistently been the best book at DC over the last year for sure. All I can hope is that they don't lose Sorrentino (If not, I expect to see him on a Bat book soon)
    Yes, it is very bad news. But, if there were any doubts as to which direction power runs, and will run, in Burbank, this should clarify matters.