Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Here's a thought: Lemire and Sorrentino could move over to Constantine and do the same thing that they did for Green Arrow and turn the book on its head with the TV series. Constantine's a decent book rather than a poor one though like GA was previously, so another suggestion that cropped up in the comments of the above status that I posted was Catwoman. And I'd totally be on board for a Lemire/Sorrentino Catwoman book. Or to see them on any book at DC again.
    Please let that be true. Constantine is underperforming as much as any book in the DCU (although the latest issue was a little better). I think DC has bigger things in store for Sorrentino though. I could see him on a Bat book next and eventually might be Capullo's replacement, if needed

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I just picked up #32 & #33 yesterday, after hearing many good things about the creative team.

Guess DC can't do anything if the creative team wants to leave, I guess.

I'll probably check this new team out, but with Deathstroke & the 2 new bat-books announced, I may just trade wait depending on the reception.

Wonder what DC are going to announce next? Hopefully Hawkman get's revived.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    I just picked up #32 & #33 yesterday, after hearing many good things about the creative team.

Guess DC can't do anything if the creative team wants to leave, I guess.

I'll probably check this new team out, but with Deathstroke & the 2 new bat-books announced, I may just trade wait depending on the reception.

Wonder what DC are going to announce next? Hopefully Hawkman get's revived.
    Nah, it would probably be written by Lobdell or something.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

It's not much solace to me that Lemire will still write Ollie in JLU because he writes a different voice for him in that book, more like Johns' version from JL/JLA

All-New Member

... This blows

Spectacular Member

Ugh this sucks I really liked what Lemire and Sorrentino were doing on the book. Luckily I'm only up to #25 so there's still quite a few issues left for me to read.

Astonishing Member

A terrible shame - I didn't love the book as much as some, but it was a very good title. And I had massive respect for the Burn It All And Start Again first issue.

But on the other hand, it's quite nice to think that there will be a complete unit of "Lemire and Sorrentino Green Arrow" that tells the story they wanted to tell and added to the "canon" (Emiko, Vertigo, Outsiders), and then stopped when they thought they had a natural end.

It'll be a good solid, three-trade run. On which note, incidentally, I've had a look at the DC Comics page and can't see a reference to the Count Vertigo "Villain's Month" issue having been collected anywhere. Are we still waiting on that?
    Last edited by Claude; 07-03-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah, I wish when there was a creative change it wasn't always "DC is booting this person off of the book!". Sometimes creatives just get tired of doing the same thing for too long. Or even if the idea starts with editorial for them to move on, doesn't mean they don't necessarily agree.
    I expect Jeff to bow out gracefully, he's doing a lot of work for Dc, but in every interview he did pertaining to GA, he talked about having long term plans for Emiko and even recently, Red Dart, so even if they agreed to move on willingly, it doesn't change the fact that their current arc is being cut short because, the new creative team wanted in, which it clearly states in the article...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Here's a thought: Lemire and Sorrentino could move over to Constantine and do the same thing that they did for Green Arrow and turn the book on its head with the TV series. Constantine's a decent book rather than a poor one though like GA was previously, so another suggestion that cropped up in the comments of the above status that I posted was Catwoman. And I'd totally be on board for a Lemire/Sorrentino Catwoman book. Or to see them on any book at DC again.
    Nah, Lemire really doesn't get Constantine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Nah, Lemire really doesn't get Constantine.
    neither does johns; you think thats going to stop him when the shazam series finally arises?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Well I hope Emiko will still be somewhere, she seemed like a good new addition to the DC Universe. Maybe she could join Lemire's JLU and get good role models/older sister types with the girls of the group. Lemire creates good characters who then vanish (like the fishy lady in Frankenstein who was a cool character but only subsequent appearance was to die in Futures End) so they need to be kept going.
    between emiko, nuWally, Darla, zombie/living damian and possibly Garth; you have the makings of a new young justice i guess

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    neither does johns; you think thats going to stop him when the shazam series finally arises?
    That has like nothing to do with what I said.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    I expect Jeff to bow out gracefully, he's doing a lot of work for Dc, but in every interview he did pertaining to GA, he talked about having long term plans for Emiko and even recently, Red Dart, so even if they agreed to move on willingly, it doesn't change the fact that their current arc is being cut short because, the new creative team wanted in, which it clearly states in the article...
    Yes, he said a few months ago that he was about halfway done with telling the story he wanted to tell

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Ah! But that doesn't mean he had plans for them in that title!

Emiko seems to be a part of Future's End, with Lemire, and could easily find a home in another title he'd develop for DC. With Teen Titans Earth One under his belt, he's clearly not averse to a Young Hero Team.