Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

After hemming and hawing for months I finally decide to pick this up (I really liked Lemire's AM and Sorentino was wicked on I, V)...and now this news...bollocks!

As much as I enjoy the tv series I am never enthused by the "main-streaming of one to the other".

Oh well...
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Kreisberg wrote Green Arrow/Black Canary, and it was horrible. Once the current is out, soam I.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Kreisberg wrote Green Arrow/Black Canary, and it was horrible. Once the current is out, soam I.
    I will stick with it as it is sad news, but Green Arrow is my favorite DC character. So I will give it a chance, but you are right. Green Arrow/Black Canary was really really bad.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

In retrospect, it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Oliver was entertaining in it, the stories just dragged out too long.

I'm happy about the new artist on the book. I've really enjoyed his(?) art on the books I've seen it on, especially the Batgirl/Joker issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Nah, Lemire really doesn't get Constantine.

Sorrentino, on the other hand, could very well blow the lid off of that universe.

geaggghhhh, gross. If this starts to just shove more of that mediocre tv show down our throats I'm out. I'll give it an issue or two to see where they plan ontaking the series.

BANNED

Fans judging something prematurely. That's new. I'll be sticking with the book and then judge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    geaggghhhh, gross. If this starts to just shove more of that mediocre tv show down our throats I'm out. I'll give it an issue or two to see where they plan ontaking the series.
    That mediocre tv show that's spanking the Marvel competition and introducing Green Arrow to a brand new audience of rabid fans?

Arrow gave me scenes of Green Arrow and Black Canary riding a motorcycle and beating up ninjas in an alley together. That isn't mediocre, it's fantasy come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Sorrentino, on the other hand, could very well blow the lid off of that universe.
    He did draw Constantine in a guest appearance in I Vampire and it was glorious!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    That mediocre tv show that's spanking the Marvel competition and introducing Green Arrow to a brand new audience of rabid fans?

Arrow gave me scenes of Green Arrow and Black Canary riding a motorcycle and beating up ninjas in an alley together. That isn't mediocre, it's fantasy come to life.
    Quoted for truth!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Disappointed, but maybe this could free up Lemire and Sorrentino to do an Outsiders series.
    That... would be kind of awesome actually if they did that. Doubt they will but I have been thinking DC should expand the Green Arrow line by giving it a second book namely one covering his adventures with the Outsiders. So, with Kreisberg taking over Green Arrow, maybe its time for a second book with Lemire taking over Ollie's adventures there. Could easily cover Green Arrow, Emiko and Katana with the Outsiders.

This makes no sense what so ever!! When GA started it was horrible and near cancellation. Then J & A save the series and now they are going to turn it back into a pile of S#$%. The good news is I will have some extra money in my pocket soon.

BANNED

Yeah because the Arrow TV series is helping so much the Green Arrow book in term of sales right ? These Arrow fanboys won't even pick up a single Green Arrow comic in their entire life and you know that very well.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 07-03-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

I can't believe I'm the first one to post something regarding Ollie's costume design and how it just looks like a green version of Hawkeye's modern look. Not strong.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Meh, I know it has its fans, but I really dislike tv shows based around comic book properties. They generally don't have the budget (understandably) to make it fun the same way the comics themselves, animated adaptations, or movies can