View Poll Results: How would you like Nuperman to return?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • A villain

0 0%
  • A new hero with a different name

5 9.09%
  • Merge with Superdad

17 30.91%
  • Go to another universe

15 27.27%
  • Other

18 32.73%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default How do you want Nuperman to return?

What form would you like to see Nuperman return as?
    Assassinate Putin!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Other: rename him Whoperman because suddenly everyone forgets he ever existed.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Primary choice...go to another universe...his revealed true native universe. Otherwise,merge with Superdad. I personally wouldn't mind him sticking around in the main universe as a member of the Superfamily but as long as he is in the main universe there will be whining from a very vocal minority demanding he be the main or only Superman even as Pre 52 Superman's return has been a success. Making him a villain would be unnecessary and border on trolling.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

He's the Superman of Earth 1 in Multiverse2

Bring him back to the main universe and as the real Superman. They can both be the real one.
    Let him be the single, childless Superman while Superdad is.. well, Superdad.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I personally don't want two Supermen who are Clark Kent and act largely the same. Had this been another more inherently distinct Superman with a totally different history? Yeah I'd be cool with two Supermen (see Kenan Kong the New Super-Man).

If Nuperman comes back to this Earth then it's ONLY LOGICAL that he go back to being head Superman and he go back to his normal life. Anything thing less than that if he comes back to live on this Earth FOR GOOD, is ridiculous. "Yeah sure, just go ahead an be Clark Kent and Superman while I move to New York or something to take the name of Superguy." Like, come on now. That makes no sense.

Since it's pretty darn clear that Mr. El is going to take over as this worlds Superman and Clark, I see no actual reason to bring Nuperman back to this Earth full time. So I'll pick either merger or other.

im a little more skeptical, so if he where to ever return (highly unlikely) i could accept him getting another name, just for the sake of not having to argue with the hardcore old fanbase

preferably he gets his title back as the main protagonist and let superdad be officially superdad or whatever (ha! as if)

villain is a nono but an alternate earth (or another world althogeter) could be acceptable too but im sure people would still whine if he keeps the superman proxy

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't see him coming back. He's likely going to retconned to be a temporal clone/anomaly of Superdad.

If he does though, then I go with the 'other universe' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I personally don't want two Supermen who are Clark Kent and act largely the same. Had this been another more inherently distinct Superman with a totally different history? Yeah I'd be cool with two Supermen (see Kenan Kong the New Super-Man).

If Nuperman comes back to this Earth then it's ONLY LOGICAL that he go back to being head Superman and he go back to his normal life. Anything thing less than that if he comes back to live on this Earth FOR GOOD, is ridiculous. "Yeah sure, just go ahead an be Clark Kent and Superman while I move to New York or something to take the name of Superguy." Like, come on now. That makes no sense.

Since it's pretty darn clear that Mr. El is going to take over as this worlds Superman and Clark, I see no actual reason to bring Nuperman back to this Earth full time. So I'll pick either merger or other.
    Superdad can keep calling himself John White or whatever. Leave the Clark Kent identity to New 52 Superman.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

I think he's already back. As he was in Batman/Superman Annual 2. In the same clothes, without abilities and with chronic amnesia.

I say just merge the two. Get the best of both worlds. Having two Clarks in the same universe is just redundant, no way to keep it going long term. Either that or just keep Nuperman dead, he was an interesting experiment and I liked him, but I'm glad to have Clark/Superdad/Mr El, back with Lois and away from superarmor.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    I think he's already back. As he was in Batman/Superman Annual 2. In the same clothes, without abilities and with chronic amnesia.
    For those of us who haven't read it yet ,could you elaborate with spoiler tags?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Superdad can keep calling himself John White or whatever. Leave the Clark Kent identity to New 52 Superman.
    His name is actually Clark Smith, and yeah he could, but that's not very likely to happen. He's still very much Clark Joseph Kent at the end of the day, and everyone knows it. Hell Tomasi and Gleason have Bruce call him just straight up Clark or Kent after they've bonded a bit. He's Clark Kent regardless, and given how well he's been doing, Mr. El is very likely to straight up take the Clark Kent public identity when the dust settles.

This brings me back to the whole idea of Nuperman coming back to this Earth full time being not very likely. To me, there's a much greater chance of him being found out as some sort of fake (or duplicate) or him coming back to help out one last time in the adventure that solidifies Mr. El and his family as natives and in their rightful place. Wishful thinking would be that Nuperman gets a new world, but that's still problematic and a waste, for me, for reasons I've stated elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I say just merge the two. Get the best of both worlds. Having two Clarks in the same universe is just redundant, no way to keep it going long term. Either that or just keep Nuperman dead, he was an interesting experiment and I liked him, but I'm glad to have Clark/Superdad/Mr El, back with Lois and away from superarmor.
    would you say the same thing if superdad ended being the absorved one without marriage and a banchelor?

You should not put the option of villain ..

New hero with another Name
    My FAVORITE option... The Nightwing of Superman Comics.. BUT DC HATE TOO MUCH THIS CHARACTER FOR THIS.

Go to another universe
    .. In these circumstances, I prefer THIS OPTION and keep him alive as a hero in another dimension

Now I'm terrified for discover the origins of Superboy Prime and rumors that I heard about Clark Kent today(and February Solicitations) boss of the people who want kill Luthor... DC is capable of give the Supreme Disappointment for N52 Superman and his fans... During N52 this universe is called Prime Earth.. Universe that DC want Eliminate for return to New Earth..

The Merge is like Piccolo/Nail/Kamisama... You only see Piccolo the other 2 no matter.. This is only useful for superdad.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    I heard today bad rumors about this clark kent... Better no.. He was not the villain of superdad in the moon.. but seems another villain... Is better think that N52 Superman is death..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-23-2016 at 02:29 PM.