Thread: A UK newbie.

NesiahTM

Default A UK newbie.

Hi all

So I've decided, after putting it off for a long time to finally get into the comic/graphic novel world.

Have a baby due on 9th Dec, so figured reading may help me relax on the occasions I get chance too.

I love all things fantasy, and super heroes. Love Films n tv shows like Avatar, the walking dead, stargate, BSG, all sci fi. I tend to like quite dark shows.

So I guess my question has been asked a thousand times. But thr answer is differect for each person.

Where should I begin? I'd quite fancy trying a few comics, and a glossy magazine type graphic novel.

All advice apreciated

Black Science from Image Comics could be described as 'quite dark' science fiction.

The Walking Dead started as a comic, and there are many, many collected volumes available.

Also, Dec 9th is my birthday, and you can't have it. I'm afraid you'll just have to hold it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Also, Dec 9th is my birthday, and you can't have it. I'm afraid you'll just have to hold it in.
    Be nice. Sharing is good for the soul.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by NesiahTM View Post
    Hi all

So I've decided, after putting it off for a long time to finally get into the comic/graphic novel world.

Have a baby due on 9th Dec, so figured reading may help me relax on the occasions I get chance too.

I love all things fantasy, and super heroes. Love Films n tv shows like Avatar, the walking dead, stargate, BSG, all sci fi. I tend to like quite dark shows.

So I guess my question has been asked a thousand times. But thr answer is differect for each person.

Where should I begin? I'd quite fancy trying a few comics, and a glossy magazine type graphic novel.

All advice apreciated
    Congrats on the baby!

Not sure how dark you want to go. There are some good series like Vampirella, Lady Death and Red Sonja you might find interesting. Also, the Witchblade series is very good as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.