Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I thought, even though it's bi-monthly, they still said there'd be a break after #4. ...or was it a break after #5? >_>
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

I believe Millar has stated that #5 is meant to be the conclusion of "Volume 1".

In other words, who the hell knows when/if Volume 2 is EVER going to come out.

Comes out this Wed. .and I did NOT order it from my shop.

Issue #4 came out March 6, 2014. . so that's 10 months between issues for a book that is supposed to be every 6 weeks.

oh. .they also almost DOUBLED the cover price (from $2.99 per issue to $4.99).

no thank you.
    Last edited by bert; 01-11-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This comic is still being released? Gees, I thought it was done already!

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    Comes out this Wed. .and I did NOT order it from my shop.

Issue #4 came out March 6, 2014. . so that's 10 months between issues for a book that is supposed to be every 6 weeks.

oh. .they also almost DOUBLED the cover price (from $2.99 per issue to $4.99).

no thank you.
    Is it a double sized issue?

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Is it a double sized issue?
    tried looking for that info, and could not find it anywhere (not even Image site has the page count).

so when I realized it's been 10 months since the prior issue, and I don't recall what happened any long? Decided to just cut my losses.

Image screwed the pooch on this one.

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    tried looking for that info, and could not find it anywhere (not even Image site has the page count).

so when I realized it's been 10 months since the prior issue, and I don't recall what happened any long? Decided to just cut my losses.

Image screwed the pooch on this one.
    My guess is Quitely took time off to do Multiversity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    My guess is Quitely took time off to do Multiversity.
    Some, sure; but he has been working on multiversity since before Legacy, long before.

He's had some back issues on and off for a lot of years which limits his productivity (which is already quite limited by how much time, effort and thought he puts into the actual work).

Amazing Member

Good thing I've been saving the issues to read all together as one rather than reading it as they come out! I'm excited to finally get to read Jupiter's Legacy!

And I thought I remembered Miller saying that the issue was double the page count somewhere, maybe an interview.

found it confirmed, it's 40 pages.

still, $4.99 is too much.

oh, and in the interview (where the book was supposed to be out in November, prior to the delay to Jan), he notes the book is "double sized" to conclude the first arc, and then the book will "take a break" before starting up with the 2nd half.

TAKE A BREAK ??

it took them 10 months to get issue #5 out.

no, I will NOT support a creator who doesn't respect his fans (which is why I will no longer buy anything Liefeld solicits).

take a break. . what a joke.

Amazing Member

No need to overreact. The "break" is to allow Frank to draw issues 6-10 so they can come out in a monthly or bimonthly time frame. They will still be working during that time frame, the book is just officially on hiatus vs. Frank taking a crap ton of time to draw. It's like how Saga takes a few months off after every arc. It's to give the writers and artists time to draw and not have, well, 10 months between issues.

During said "break", he is also releasing a prequel series to Jupiter's Legacy by another artist that will start in March or April I think.

And 4.99$ for 40 pages isn't the craziest thing I've seen in this industry. I'm still gonna buy it. Hell, I bought Ant-Man and that was 5$ and had less pages I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    No need to overreact. The "break" is to allow Frank to draw issues 6-10 so they can come out in a monthly or bimonthly time frame. They will still be working during that time frame, the book is just officially on hiatus vs. Frank taking a crap ton of time to draw. It's like how Saga takes a few months off after every arc. It's to give the writers and artists time to draw and not have, well, 10 months between issues.

During said "break", he is also releasing a prequel series to Jupiter's Legacy by another artist that will start in March or April I think.

And 4.99$ for 40 pages isn't the craziest thing I've seen in this industry. I'm still gonna buy it. Hell, I bought Ant-Man and that was 5$ and had less pages I think.
    obviously, you're ok with them taking 10 months to put out an "every 6 week" book.

that's why creators keep pulling this crap.

I, personally, won't support it. Not 'over-reacting" just it's past my line in the sand.

there are plenty of other books for me to support where the creators appreciate my giving them my $$.

Amazing Member

I mean, what did you expect with a Frank book? It's never going to be on time cause he is a slow artists. He doesn't not appreciate the fans and their money, it's just he's slow.

Incredible Member

The thing is that Mark Millar often collaborates with artists who are either slow (Quitely, McNieven), in high demand over at the Big Two (Romita Jr. & Yu) or both (Quitely and McNieven again). So what has happened with most of his books is that the artists don't prioritize his projects as much as they do their work at Marvel or DC. If Millar would stop going to these big name guys then maybe he would get his books out on time. Right now, however, we'll probably see issues #6-10 between 2016 and 2017 (if they pick up the pace that is)..

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

What's with this pernicious idea that taking a long time on a book somehow indicates a lack of respect on the part of the creators towards readers? It's not 'slacking' (as noted, even aside from his style necessitating a long period of time working on it, Quitely has back problems that impede him on his progress), it's taking time to put out the ideal product for a work that Millar and Quitely clearly feel deserves it. This isn't a franchise book that's being held up, it's a creator owned miniseries, so it doesn't need to be rushed - and even there, an extra miniseries is being put out with a faster artist to make up for the break. We're not 'owed' creators sloppily rushing through and undermining their personal projects. All we're owed for paying for the book is the book.
    Buh-bye