Fantastic Member

Default Loose threads, or what can we expect to see in the future?

So, with the end of Hell on Earth, Hellboy in Hell, and the Abe Sapien solo series, and the recent and upcoming mini-series seemingly existing to close down holes in the Hellboy history (Black Flame, Hellboy and the B.P.R.D, The Visitor, more LoJo and Witchfinder) what are we expecting to come up next? What loose threads are there that deserve further exploration? Most importantly, is this really the last we've seen of modern day Hellboy?

For my own part, More Ashley Strode, Gall Dennar, and Simon Anders/Bruttenholm stuff wouldn't go amiss, though I'm more and more convinced that the latter will come up in Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.

Incredible Member

Who is in the Wendigo.
    How Liz went from unable to light a cigarette to the Human Torch.
    What Zinco is up to now.
    Vampires.
    Sounds perfect.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Who is in the Wendigo.
    How Liz went from unable to light a cigarette to the Human Torch.
    What Zinco is up to now.
    Vampires.
    my guess is Ben Daimio is the Wendigo now.

i hope Evelyn, Marsten's assistant is running Zinco now. helping instead of exploiting.

the Vampires might pop up in the aftermath of hell on earth, seeing as human civilization is in chaos. it would be a perfect to rise up.

I think Ben Daimio's story is done. I mean, sure, he would have become the wendigo, but I don't think he would have stayed that way for long. He'd have killed someone and they'd have taken his place. The only reason the wendigo was stuck for so long was because Daryl refused to kill, but I don't see Daimio having that problem. So at this point, I think of his spirit as being free at last.

I could be wrong, of course, but given the way things ended in The Long Death, I'm satisfied with it ending there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I think Ben Daimio's story is done. I mean, sure, he would have become the wendigo, but I don't think he would have stayed that way for long. He'd have killed someone and they'd have taken his place. The only reason the wendigo was stuck for so long was because Daryl refused to kill, but I don't see Daimio having that problem. So at this point, I think of his spirit as being free at last.

I could be wrong, of course, but given the way things ended in The Long Death, I'm satisfied with it ending there.
    That's certainly how John Arcudi saw it. Daimio had his story totally wrapped up.

One thing I did take from that interview was that Arcudi seemed nervous at one point that they might bring Roger back. I really hope they don't. I love Roger but I'd feel robbed of the emotional weight of his death if he came back. Same for The hero of the last issue of Hell on Earth.
    Last edited by zerodemon; 11-23-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Bit spoilery.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    So, with the end of Hell on Earth, Hellboy in Hell, and the Abe Sapien solo series, and the recent and upcoming mini-series seemingly existing to close down holes in the Hellboy history (Black Flame, Hellboy and the B.P.R.D, The Visitor, more LoJo and Witchfinder) what are we expecting to come up next? What loose threads are there that deserve further exploration? Most importantly, is this really the last we've seen of modern day Hellboy?
    My primary reaction would be that this seems totally up to the wishes and sentiments of mr Mike, as it all finds its basis in being a creator-owned world.

I'd personally feel that the amount or fundaments to inspiring story matter or content for or within this world wouldn't be appearing limited at all.
    I mean just look into the Hellboy Companion for lots of stuff seeming pretty much unexplored.

Such as Langdon Caul's exploits prior to ending up in a tube. Or the Right Hand of Doom when Hecate was still a living Goddess. What if Gall Dennar or someone like him become like a guide into a B.P.R.D.-like setting in more ancient times? Or wouldn't there have existed monsters and demons in those days?
    Or either Hellboy's cases as still upcoming (hopefully) in Hellboy & the B.P.R.D.

I do think that Hellboy currently seems to have found his final resting place, although he still seems needed to pop up at Vigrid once the World actually ends. So I do think there won't be any more of him past the Death Card.

Which doesn't mean Hellboy's person or persona couldn't become fleshed out further or pinpointed in more ways still however, by mr Mike Mignola primarily.

That last bit I add, since that seems important to me, that mr Mike Mignola should remain the overseer or creator to it all - as how he has been, or else I might not wish to read it.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-24-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper