Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Living Tribunal seems to be dying a lot lately.
    Tribunals don't die, they multiply. This isn't the last that we've seen of TLT.

From what I understand this Living Tribunal is an Adam Warlock, and Adam Warlocks don't really die. They just kind of go off into cocoons and hibernate for a little while.

This was a pretty good issue, the crazy cosmic entity stuff remains the highlight of the series. I would have liked to see more of the incident with the Shaper's Ghost, though, instead of just jumping in right when it's almost over.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    From what I understand this Living Tribunal is an Adam Warlock, and Adam Warlocks don't really die. They just kind of go off into cocoons and hibernate for a little while.
    Sorry, can you explain please? (as in Warlock is the TLT)

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Sorry, can you explain please? (as in Warlock is the TLT)
    The previous Living Tribunal died in Hickmans Avengers book.

The new LT for the new multiverse is an alternate reality version of Adam Warlock. It occured in Starlins' Infinity Finale. Assuming that is Starlins book was canon.

Mighty Member

I doubt it died this time. In the last cosmos iteration, it was several degrees of magnitude more powerful than universal abstracts. I suspect the Adam Warlock version is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I doubt it died this time. In the last cosmos iteration, it was several degrees of magnitude more powerful than universal abstracts. I suspect the Adam Warlock version is as well.
    Yeah LT is supposed to be the tip of the food chain short of the One Above All. I don't see how they believe they can take him.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    In theory I would agree with you, but this current omniverse may not have the same power structure that we think it does. Eternity Prime being bound would suggest that there is a regime change in the works. What if Chaos and Order have allied themselves with that new arresting power and were granted sufficient power to destroy the Tribunal? I guess we'll have to wait until the next issue to see if TLT survives their assault.

One thing is certain: the being that chained Eternity Prime is gunning for Galactus. The Shaper came to warn him. He is now the second cosmic entity that believes that Galan will have a hand in solving this mystery. I can't wait.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-24-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Random thoughts:

Ironic that a creature that began its existence within a cube will spend its ever after within a sphere as a revenant. I wonder if this new Ghostsphere will play a role in the battle to come?

And it would be interesting if Ewing chose Adam to imprint on the Ghost Shaper of Worlds. Maybe Al is rethinking his idea of giving everyone herald powers? Adam bolstered by the powers of the Shaper of Worlds would be even more impressive, I think. Thanos would certainly be envious.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah LT is supposed to be the tip of the food chain short of the One Above All. I don't see how they believe they can take him.
    So Order and Chaos are (or should be) significantly weaker than the Living Tribunal?

So Order and Chaos are (or should be) significantly weaker than the Living Tribunal?
    Yes. They are 2 of the most powerful beings in the universe but below the LT.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

And it would be interesting if Ewing chose Adam to imprint on the Ghost Shaper of Worlds. Maybe Al is rethinking his idea of giving everyone herald powers? Adam bolstered by the powers of the Shaper of Worlds would be even more impressive, I think. Thanos would certainly be envious.
    If by Adam you mean Blue Marvel and not Adam Warlock, I think he is already powerful enough without been bolstered up anymore. It just that he really been shown to use the full extent of the power he already has in since the Ultimates started.

To put it in scale, Chaos and Order were part of a small army of cosmics who were over powered by the Infinity Gauntlet. But the Tribunal alone was seemingly above an IG wielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    If by Adam you mean Blue Marvel and not Adam Warlock, I think he is already powerful enough without been bolstered up anymore. It just that he really been shown to use the full extent of the power he already has in since the Ultimates started.
    Yes, I meant Adam Brashear, and yes, I agree that he has limited showings. But Ewing has already stated that the Ultimates are going to get Herald powers, so it's really not a question of whether or not to further bolster Brashear. That's already in the plans. I was simply suggesting that instead of bestowing the Power Cosmic onto Brashear, why not keep him as-is, but let him use the Shaper of Worlds Ghostsphere as his Starbrand, Eye (and Orb) of Agamotto, Ka Stone, Quantum Bands, Mjolnir, Soul Gem, or whatever. To my mind pairing Brashear and the Ghostsphere seems like a better approach than simply turning him into another herald. You could achieve the same cosmic power levels that Galactus is offering, yet build in a few limitations and offsets (as the Shaper of Worlds had plenty of limitations despite his "incalculable" power). The Shaper of Worlds was completely devoid of imagination. As a technologist, scientist, explorer and inventor, that's not a problem that Brashear has. The two would work perfectly together. At least until the Eternity War ends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, I meant Adam Brashear, and yes, I agree that he has limited showings. But Ewing has already stated that the Ultimates are going to get Herald powers, so it's really not a question of whether or not to further bolster Brashear. That's already in the plans. I was simply suggesting that instead of bestowing the Power Cosmic onto Brashear, why not keep him as-is, but let him use the Shaper of Worlds Ghostsphere as his Starbrand, Eye (and Orb) of Agamotto, Ka Stone, Quantum Bands, Mjolnir, Soul Gem, or whatever. To my mind pairing Brashear and the Ghostsphere seems like a better approach than simply turning him into another herald. You could achieve the same cosmic power levels that Galactus is offering, yet build in a few limitations and offsets (as the Shaper of Worlds had plenty of limitations despite his "incalculable" power). The Shaper of Worlds was completely devoid of imagination. As a technologist, scientist, explorer and inventor, that's not a problem that Brashear has. The two would work perfectly together. At least until the Eternity War ends.
    Dude, I like the way you extrapolate.