Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As for Carol and a power upgrade, she already seems to be as strong and tough as MAC (if not stronger and tougher, I have no idea what Carol's current power level is like, only that MAC was last listed as 'class 50,' and about half as strong as people like Colossus, Wonder Man and the Thing), and able to shoot energy blasts and absorb energy to 'go Binary.' Ooh, MAC hit her with a chair once. La dee dah. *I* could sucker-smack Carol with a chair. It doesn't mean she needs more super-powers to 'keep up with me.' Monica and Adam are more powerful than both of them, in their own way (and Monica would have a real problem trying anything with Carol, since literally all she does is generate buttloads energy that Carol can absorb to become more powerful...). And T'Challa's barely got any powers at all, so comparing him to Carol is like worrying about Thor needing a power-up if he's going to be hanging out with Captain America and Hawkeye.
    MAC's full capabilities are ill-defined, but keep in mind that MAC* was able to operate unaided within an environment which required Carol (and Adam) to have a suit (which, itself, was only able to last, what, 6 minutes?).

*Monica was as well, but being pure-energy and all, it kind of feels like "Well, duh".

I suspect a major reason Carol is being kept on is because MAC likes and trusts Carol. She likes working with Carol. And while one can argue that Carol's power set is rendered superfluous by Adam and Monica, I think her energy absorption is something with a lot of potential uses. She does also bring a bit of a different attitude and perspective that can be useful.

So, yeah, I think she still has a place on the team.

I think the most jarring difference I see between Kenneth Rocafort and Travel Foreman is the type of atmosphere they bring to the table. The former makes the book feel like a cosmic exploration book filled to the brim with light-hearted goodness. The latter gives the book an eerier feeling akin to a cosmic horror, especially with how Foreman draws Herald!Anti-Man and Lifebringer!Galactus. I wonder if The Maker will actually bring back the Ultimate Universe, because I'm expecting some huge things happening in this series. I also wonder how that would affect Spider-Man and his supporting cast (if they even still remember their old lives) Also, I'm still hoping Al Ewing brings Raz Malhotra (and maybe Pymtron) to the team, permanently.

I can see a reason of why America could be team leader. All the "who chained Eternity" would origin from an alternate universe. America had spent all her life traveling to different Universes, and she is the team's expert in that subject (during YA, she acted as the team's guide). So all that experience could validate her as a team's field leader. We'll just have to wait for issue 2 to see how Galactus approached America.

After MAC, Monica would be the most suited to become team leader, she had been very experienced and proved to be a capable leader (especially during Mighty Avengers run).

Enjoyed the book...just wish Marvel would stop reboothing the team.

Monica and Adam are more powerful than both of them, in their own way (and Monica would have a real problem trying anything with Carol, since literally all she does is generate buttloads energy that Carol can absorb to become more powerful...). And T'Challa's barely got any powers at all, so comparing him to Carol is like worrying about Thor needing a power-up if he's going to be hanging out with Captain America and Hawkeye.
    Just for the record, Monica can do more then EM energy...she can do force bolt attacks and exploded like a bomb
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ewing's said he wants to give her more focus in this volume.
    Now this BS is all making sense.

"Vote with your dollars"
    Don't complain. Create.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Now this BS is all making sense.

"Vote with your dollars"
    Plenty of us are already voting in the affirmative. Thank you for your encouragement, however.

I would like to think that MAC is wise enough (despite her relative youth) to see that Carol's willingness to make hard choices even when it's personally painful to her would help to balance out against Brashear's idealism, which can border on naivette, at times, or T'Challa's bouts of 'big picture' opportunism, in which he'll give full-throated support for whatever position seems politically convenient for him (or Wakanda) at the moment. Those three (Adam, Carol, T'Challa) come at things from very different stances, and any one of them could be prone to going too far in one direction or another, if not played off against each other.

(Monica is harder to pet down, because she's written terribly inconsistently. She's a hardass leader, full of snark and ready violence, in Nextwave. A consensus-building concialator as Avengers leader, back in the day. A fellow idealistic science-enthusiast, when alone with Adam. Just as hard-headed and law-and-order and all about 'the greater-good' as Carol, when they are talking during Civil War II. It's almost like she's got no real personality of her own, and like mushrooms, just picks up the flavor of what's around her...)

As for Carol and a power upgrade, she already seems to be as strong and tough as MAC (if not stronger and tougher, I have no idea what Carol's current power level is like, only that MAC was last listed as 'class 50,' and about half as strong as people like Colossus, Wonder Man and the Thing), and able to shoot energy blasts and absorb energy to 'go Binary.' Ooh, MAC hit her with a chair once. La dee dah. *I* could sucker-smack Carol with a chair. It doesn't mean she needs more super-powers to 'keep up with me.' Monica and Adam are more powerful than both of them, in their own way (and Monica would have a real problem trying anything with Carol, since literally all she does is generate buttloads energy that Carol can absorb to become more powerful...). And T'Challa's barely got any powers at all, so comparing him to Carol is like worrying about Thor needing a power-up if he's going to be hanging out with Captain America and Hawkeye.
    Carol can actually absorb all of Monica, in a way that Monica is literally inside of her but still conscious. It showed once on KSD's run.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    MAC's full capabilities are ill-defined, but keep in mind that MAC* was able to operate unaided within an environment which required Carol (and Adam) to have a suit (which, itself, was only able to last, what, 6 minutes?).

*Monica was as well, but being pure-energy and all, it kind of feels like "Well, duh".
    Add to that the fact that Ewing said that MAC has the ability to shut the entire team down. Whether she's as powerful as Carol or anyone else at this point no longer matters. Ewing sees her as more powerful, so we can expect for that to show through. That said, who knows if that will remain the same in U2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Carol can actually absorb all of Monica, in a way that Monica is literally inside of her but still conscious. It showed once on KSD's run.
    Heh. Monica was inside Carol. No subtext there.

They talk about boys later!!! Just gals being pals, of course!

I'm betting Rachel Dolezal would pump her fist and scream, "Right on, sista!" deeply envious of Carol in that moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm betting Rachel Dolezal would pump her fist and scream, "Right on, sista!" deeply envious of Carol in that moment.
    Ooooo! I see what you did there.

Lol. It was Monica's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol. It was Monica's idea.
    It was the writer's idea. Just like it was the writer's idea to have Blue Marvel always power up Carol to Binary mode, but not do much else.