Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

Loved this series from the onset and this new iteration is off to a superb start!

Who's the guy in the purple frame below Galactus and above Shaper of Worlds on the teaser page? Could it be Reed?

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I personally love the art and the coloring.

For a more grounded book, I could understand the complaints.

But this isn't a Super Hero book.

This isn't even a Space book.

This is a Cosmic book.

And boy does Foreman and Brown make a lot of scenes feel truly Cosmic.
    I guess that would make this the premier cosmic hero team with the Guardians stuck on earth, which I don't exactly mind. I'm actually pretty excited to see what Ewing has in store for us, especially after that splash page.

When it comes to the team, Galactus and Anti-man could be really cool and I do like the new leader. However I don't quite understand why the president cares if these characters were to team up again? These characters even if they didn't band back together would still run into each just because they are prominent heroes. Not to mention they changed the very properties of Galactus, so what would the government do to them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Travel is a beast. Hope he can have a run as at least as long as his Iron Fist one.

Somebody hit on the nail earlier. I want less big concepts from Ewing and more human moments. Ewing does so well with expressing real humanity.

Mighty Member

As much as I love Irredeemable Doom or Thor, It's the only Marvel book who is actually trying to do something a little bit different. And it's one of the only book where the diversity of the cast is not a gimmick, but is organic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Loved this series from the onset and this new iteration is off to a superb start!

Who's the guy in the purple frame below Galactus and above Shaper of Worlds on the teaser page? Could it be Reed?
    Looks like a Skrull, to me.

Niffleheim

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is it fair to complain that these issues are too short? Otherwise a nice relaunch. I'm glad this team is going back to focusing on cosmic crises. No more bait and switch, please. And Ewing, we're still holding your feet to the fire. You promised that we'd see Blue Marvel cut loose in the last series. You better bring it with this series. Or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    That's Adam. Reed has thinner lips and a much narrower nose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    (Ultimates is) the only Marvel book (that) is actually trying to do something a little bit different. And it's one of the only book where the diversity of the cast is not a gimmick, but is organic.
    This.

I didn't like this first issue for a variety of reasons but its major saving grace was the story line that is being pursued that involves the Universe. As Judicator Prime mentioned i can't tolerate any more "bait and switch" by Ewing regarding Blue Marvel. I've accepted that this title isn't what i thought it would be and thus i won't be buying it but i'll be paying attention to see where this story goes.
    Don't complain. Create.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    ''Behold the Ultimate Universe'' is the one that caught my eye the most. Though I do strongly doubt that they'll bring back the Ultimate Universe it should get people talking at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    ''Behold the Ultimate Universe'' is the one that caught my eye the most. Though I do strongly doubt that they'll bring back the Ultimate Universe it should get people talking at least IMO.
    I think this could be related to the big event Ewing had been teasing in the first Volume of Ultimates and New Avengers and Maker is going to become a big player.

This issue and this series have been top notch for me. The new art, 'Luke Charles', cosmic Monica. There was just so much good. That final page just filled me so much joy. My only complaint is that it felt way too short but that's most cause I wanted to see more.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think this could be related to the big event Ewing had been teasing in the first Volume of Ultimates and New Avengers and Maker is going to become a big player.
    I think you're probably right there

Is anyone else worried about Carol being the proverbial albatross around the team's neck? She's directly connected to the US government, which prevents her from operating with the team legally. The other members are free and clear to do as they please. She's also the only character whose experience, powers and skill set are duplicative, equaled or exceeded by other members of the team. I'm not here to harp on CD, but is Ewing foreshadowing something by keeping Carol on the squad?

Niffleheim

If Galactus and/or any of the other cosmic characters weren't in this book I would have dropped the Ultimates simply because of Carol's involvement.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-25-2016 at 12:16 PM.