Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

All-New Member

I agree that it's difficult to say what Carol brings to this team. I like her as a character, but she's outclassed in every way by her teammates. Only thing that makes her competitive is her ability to go Binary. I guess she's just the token white person.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is anyone else worried about Carol being the proverbial albatross around the team's neck? She's directly connected to the US government, which prevents her from operating with the team legally. The other members are free and clear to do as they please. She's also the only character whose experience, powers and skill set are duplicative, equaled or exceeded by other members of the team. I'm not here to harp on CD, but is Ewing foreshadowing something by keeping Carol on the squad?
    1. Her Alpha Flight could play a center role during Eternity War

2. Her Kree heritage could connect to both inhuman Royals and Hulkling the Space King

3. She is going to have power upgrade to match her power level in MCU
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Carol is supposed to bring her fans to the book lol

But im not sure that is working...

Before she brought alpha flight
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is anyone else worried about Carol being the proverbial albatross around the team's neck? She's directly connected to the US government, which prevents her from operating with the team legally. The other members are free and clear to do as they please. She's also the only character whose experience, powers and skill set are duplicative, equaled or exceeded by other members of the team. I'm not here to harp on CD, but is Ewing foreshadowing something by keeping Carol on the squad?
    She still has resources and access provided to her as head of a space based agency. Even moreso now more than ever due to the cosmic scope of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    She still has resources and access provided to her as head of a space based agency. Even moreso now more than ever due to the cosmic scope of this team.
    When she was talking with mr. Charles, she wasnt allowed to bring alpha flight into it

She specifically said they would taje alpha flight from her

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    When she was talking with mr. Charles, she wasnt allowed to bring alpha flight into it

She specifically said they would taje alpha flight from her
    Publicly yes. If she calls her team for help I doubt they'll deny her.

All-New Member

Even if she did have access to those resources, what good would it do? They can already go anywhere they want instantly, and firepower isn't a problem. You'd need a fleet like the ones used in the Infinity arc to even come close to matching their power levels. And if you need miracle tech, Wakanda is happy to provide.

But the Kree ancestry thing could come into play. I'd also like to see her get a powerup, or at least have her shown as powerful on the page. I feel like that doesn't happen enough.

A fun first issue, and I just _love_ the cosmic focus. Only a couple of things bothered me.

I agree with some on here that say the colors and art don't always harmonize. Some panels are just amazing, some panels are hard to follow visually. I'm sure it will refine over time, and generally I liked more than I disliked, but I'll admit there are a few panels (one specifically with antimatter near the end) that I felt I had to really strain to grasp what was happening.

Chavez being the new leader just felt really forced, to me. She never really showed any leadership traits in Ultimates, and she always kind of seemed ... "there" during that run in general to me. I know I'm in the minority on this one, saw some really happy people, so maybe it'll grow on my but so far ... she seemed like the last choice. With the Panther/Marvel fall out, Blue Marvel seemed like the best choice for leader ... but instead we get someone who feels very ... forced to me.

Still ... I love the idea of Heralds of Life ... and wonder if they will inherit any extra power cosmic for their title.

Big G is callin the shots, not chavez

Big G is callin the shots, not chavez
    He may be giving them direction/objectives like Charley with his Angels, but the team leader was pretty clearly declared:

ultimatespic.jpg

Again, maybe she'll grow on me, but certainly not my first choice for a team leader.

Incredible Member

Ithought this was a very strong first issue. I really want to see where all of this is going. The plot and handling of the character's real stand out. I thought the art was good and think it will get better every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Chavez being the new leader just felt really forced, to me. She never really showed any leadership traits in Ultimates, and she always kind of seemed ... "there" during that run in general to me. I know I'm in the minority on this one, saw some really happy people, so maybe it'll grow on my but so far ... she seemed like the last choice. With the Panther/Marvel fall out, Blue Marvel seemed like the best choice for leader ... but instead we get someone who feels very ... forced to me.
    Ewing's said he wants to give her more focus in this volume.

BANNED

Carol is supposed to bring her fans to the book lol

But im not sure that is working...

Before she brought alpha flight
    Marvel brought on tv writers from DD and Agent Carter. As impressive as that sounds, tv writers don't inspire a huge audience the way novelists do. That's why Margaret Stohl will be writing Carol. YAAS QUEEN!

Mighty Member

Missing Rocafort. (Nothing against the new artist. But....)

I need to pick up and read the issue all the way through.

The premise follows well enough from the previous series. Looking forward to this (but am behind on comics right now).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

I think Galactus made the choice to put her in charge.