Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Wow. Ultimates just took the name to another level with #100. It really is Ultimates Squared. Super happy with the resolution. Very pleased that we still have Gold Galactus, and that Ewing felt as I did, that changing him back would be a betrayal of the potential in his character.

I really don't mind books coming to an end when they end like this.
    Agreed. I was furious that there wouldn't be continuation into Legacy but this ending was perfection.

Incredible Member

And now we'll never see Blue Marvel and Spectrum in anything for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    And now we'll never see Blue Marvel and Spectrum in anything for a very long time.
    We got to see him punch out Hulk though.

Spectacular Member

I wish they didn't kill Ultimate Captain America.

Mighty Member

It was an excellent ending to a whole lot of build up. Lot's of scenes to love here, but imo, Black Panther kind of stole the show. Those poor White Tigers, they really never knew what type of power they could have had at their disposal. Ewing never stops impressing me.

Wish they left Ultimate Pym out. As a fan of the real Pym, the continued existence of Ultimate Pym certainly doesn't do me any favors. I guess I can't really complain, however, as most of the original Ultimates were walking talking spotlights of character flaws.

Yeah, probably not u_u

Wow. What a neat ending.

I like these guys as a team. I can only hope something is planned for them soon. Especially Blue Marvel. Adam laying out the Hulk was magnificent.

Just another testament to Ewing's underutilization in Marvel. I guess Ultimates didn't sell well enough for it to continue...but I don't want to believe that means Cosmic Marvel (done in this high concept fashion) is too "over-the-heads" of general readership. Hickman's stuff sold well...but he did it with A-list characters. Besides T'Challa (+/-Carol), this wasn't really an A-list team.

Note: leading up to Secret Wars I was tired of hearing about Blue Marvel because I thought he was a contrived, Mary Sue type of character. I argued that, if he were so great, he should be dealing with multiversal threats, just as the Illuminati were doing. Welp, Ewing seemingly answered me directly and gave us Ultimates...his choice of characters was actually pretty good, despite not having the first-line avengers /Illuminati cast that Hickman had. Well done, Ewing

I wonder if this book was actually longer than originally planned. It felt like some of the events were expanded upon and things were spun out a little.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Superb ending to a great series.Talk about going Ultimate.

BANNED

Soooo the people that will hunt down Evil Reed are an Alcoholic, A Wife-beater, A cannibal, & A woman who supported incest.....Yep they're dead.

Alright, this book proved to be that these characters should not be side lined. This felt like an old epic storyline....thank you, Ewing

Monica was on point, what she did to the Reed/Marker was cool as hell. Also, was she using an EM form of telepathy?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Soooo the people that will hunt down Evil Reed are an Alcoholic, A Wife-beater, A cannibal, & A woman who supported incest.....Yep they're dead.
    Not if they find the wrong Reed. The 616 one.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A solid ending and now the omniverse has structure and makes sense. But I'm left still wondering the possibilities...

It's gonna take a helluva writer to make a story with the Ultimate Ultimates...and the Far Shore

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If I was a betting man, I'd say that we'll see Monica sooner than later. I think she could carry her own series, or at the very least easily fit in with a team book. I'm sure of that.

I'm not as certain about Blue Marvel, even though his story is more relevant today than just about any other character, given the current political climate. Who knows, maybe Grevioux will return and give us a mature graphic novel with Brashear and the return of a sane Conner Sims. I can only hope.