Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    I wish they didn't kill Ultimate Captain America.
    Marvel nowadays really, really, really hate Captain America, eh!?

Astonishing Member

A truly amazing run that shows the very best of cosmic Marvel. Sad to see it go, but at least we got a great story.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Marvel nowadays really, really, really hate Captain America, eh!?
    Yeah, poor Ultimate Steve. He was like the least messed up one on that team too.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If I was a betting man, I'd say that we'll see Monica sooner than later. I think she could carry her own series, or at the very least easily fit in with a team book. I'm sure of that.

I'm not as certain about Blue Marvel, even though his story is more relevant today than just about any other character, given the current political climate. Who knows, maybe Grevioux will return and give us a mature graphic novel with Brashear and the return of a sane Conner Sims. I can only hope.
    Adam and Monica seem to be a bit of a package deal at this point. Hopefully if a given writer uses one, he or she will also use the other.

And what a way to go - it was so brutal even his shield disintegrated!

I loved seeing the "classic" Ultimates again. I love how The Maker was used. I loved this last arc. Such a shame it had to end. Hopefully we see more of the Ultimates hunting down Evil Reed.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I loved seeing the "classic" Ultimates again. I love how The Maker was used. I loved this last arc. Such a shame it had to end. Hopefully we see more of the Ultimates hunting down Evil Reed.
    It certainly seems to be a thread that somebody could pull on. A kind of mission based Exiles, with the team jumping from universe to universe attempting to stop The Maker trying to undermine the multiverse. Not sure how well that would play in the current market.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

What a nice ending.
    While I wish Galactus got to do more (especially considering the letters page mentions he'd be the one to stop/devour the First Firmament), it was a very positive hopeful ending.
    One question is how is Galactus'' multiversal embodiment there when it merged with Galan to create Galactus in the first place? Would have been cooler if Eternity's call awoke the multiversal aspect inside Galactus where he transcends to that level to chain up The First Firmament then bids his fellow multiverses farewell after they do the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And what a way to go - it was so brutal even his shield disintegrated!
    Also, The Maker in one guise or another, could reverse that at any time. He is currently a walking fiat when it comes to multiversal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    What a nice ending.
    While I wish Galactus got to do more (especially considering the letters page mentions he'd be the one to stop/devour the First Firmament), it was a very positive hopeful ending.
    One question is how is Galactus'' multiversal embodiment there when it merged with Galan to create Galactus in the first place? Would have been cooler if Eternity's call awoke the multiversal aspect inside Galactus where he transcends to that level to chain up The First Firmament then bids his fellow multiverses farewell after they do the deed.
    I think Ewing and the editors made a wise decision to switch things up, even if it did lessen Galactus' role. But we had his new cosmic team, who I imagine were written in to flesh out his story.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A truly amazing run that shows the very best of cosmic Marvel. Sad to see it go, but at least we got a great story.
    Very, very true. i wonder what Ewing will work on next?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I wish he hadnt put that little note at the end saying he changed the original story.

You can tell he did it, and what we got was a lot less emotionally impactful than what that would have been.

The tragedy of that ending - the ultimate Lifebringer giving up all that that means to return to what he was - but hopefully learning and being changed by it - would have made a lot more of a high note sad moment ending than the neat little bow ending we got.

For a series I really, really loved most of the way through (aside from tie in issue poor art), that was, IMO of course, a really poor ending because of his choice to change what he originally had planned
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Very, very true. i wonder what Ewing will work on next?
    On Ewing Twitter
    Nothing I can talk about... yet. Watch this space.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

... I was hoping against hope that this wasn't cancelled as why would we bother renumbering the final issue?

But alas my curse continues: my favorite reads always get cancelled

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, poor Ultimate Steve. He was like the least messed up one on that team too.
    he seemed to be a poor copy of major glory who was in turn a parody of cap.