Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimates˛

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It was the writer's idea. Just like it was the writer's idea to have Blue Marvel always power up Carol to Binary mode, but not do much else.
    Everything is the writer's(or editors ) idea on comic books, so lol.

I'm betting Rachel Dolezal would pump her fist and scream, "Right on, sista!" deeply envious of Carol in that moment.
    Ha! Best post of the thread.

Extraordinary Member

Is it fair to complain that these issues are too short? Otherwise a nice relaunch. I'm glad this team is going back to focusing on cosmic crises. No more bait and switch, please. And Ewing, we're still holding your feet to the fire. You promised that we'd see Blue Marvel cut loose in the last series. You better bring it with this series. Or else.
    I think ewing meant he will cut loose in the series,maybe just not in season 1.
    Ultimate 2 is still the series.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Enjoyed the book...just wish Marvel would stop reboothing the team.
    It's a relaunch,not reboot.
    Mighty avengers,captain america and mighty avengers and the ultimate series i really like.Those are my top favorite comic series currently.

It was the writer's idea. Just like it was the writer's idea to have Blue Marvel always power up Carol to Binary mode, but not do much else.
    I think blue marvel action wise has done more then that.Recently he did throw a punch at anti-man.That's something for example.He lost,but it's something.Anti-man is more powerful then thanos.

In fact let me say something quick about blue marvel because i have seen past criticisms and overall i don't agree with them.I was going to mention it in blue marvel's thread and some of the others but i did not,but i think it's time.
    I like how blue marvel is written overall in this series and Ewing's other two series but that's me.I think blue marvel is written really well.
    I notice something by the way.
    I look at certain Appreciation threads etc.. and trust me,you find criticisms for every comicbook hero out there in dc and marvel from john stewart,black panther,superman,shazam etc...
    I read recently criticisms for blue marvel and how ewing writes him,but i don't agree with those criticisms.
    That's how i feel.I have not been disappointed at all with the ultimates series and past series overall by ewing with blue marvel in it.You could say the series i was less happy overall was captain america and the mighty avengers because there was less blue marvel in it then mighty avengers and the ultimates series.
    I could say i was looking to see if blue marvel and thanos were going to fight and while it did not happen and i while i was abit disappointed that it did not happen it was understandable,but still really like how blue marvel is written.
    I was not as disappointed as you,so that's the difference for me.
    It is not a normal superhero book.

Blue marvel will get his chance again,guest starring or having a supporting roles in other books as well etc...
    He kick squadron supreme butt by himself and knock maestro in a book written by Ewing.

I see the bigger picture,but that's me.I could see what they are doing with him for the long term and clearly he is being written better then sentry from what i hear/read.
    He is being better written then john stewart that's for sure.
    So ewing writes blue marvel really well.

We got more of him this year and in other books more then any other year so i am more happier then ever.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-27-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    As for the power upgrade part, I am not saying they are going to be imbued with Power Cosmic. I am talking about the way Kevin Feige was describing Carol Danvers in the Hollywood side. It was scary. If synergy happens, you will not worry about Carol being equal or weaker than every single other team member. She's going to be the mightiest.
    I was thinking about this.
    Carol it seems for movie will be written closer thor,hyperion,blue marvel etc.. power levels from the comics i think.Remember thor in the movies power levels are lower then the comics for example.
    Carol in the comics when she goes binary is closer in power to thor in comics or hyperion for example.
    So Carol in the movies will probably will be written power wise binary level normally.
    So i don't think she will be the mightiest hero on earth in the comics,but it look like she will be the mightiest in the mcu until some new hero from comics show up in the mcu like sentry or blue marvel etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 05:21 PM.

I agree about being pleased with Blue Marvel's appearances. He's a founding member of a team, gotten good dialogue, had nice showings outside of the Ultimates, has shown up/been name dropped in big events and is in a awesome relationship with Monica Rambeau with more to come.

It's been a very consistent build up for him, so when he shows up in other places no one's looking like he doesn't belong. They're used to him. He's ingrained into the Marvel fabric.

This is what many of us dreamed of way back when his miniseries dropped. Now we're hopeful for a live-action appearance. Possibly the direction Marvel may go after they've propped up Black Panther/Captain Marvel and want a new tent pole team-up with Avengers drying up. Ultimates could really expand upon the Guardians and Avengers story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

As for Carol and a power upgrade, she already seems to be as strong and tough as MAC (if not stronger and tougher, I have no idea what Carol's current power level is like, only that MAC was last listed as 'class 50,' and about half as strong as people like Colossus, Wonder Man and the Thing),
    Colossus,Wonder man and the Thing have incalculable strength now,so they are not class 100 anymore.
    # Incalculable: in excess of 100 tons

Chavez-
    Strength:
    # Superhuman: 25-75 ton range

As for carol.
    Superhuman Strength: Carol is superhumanly strong and is listed at a normal level of roughly Class 50, half her original Binary power levels.However, since she is able to absorb various types of energy, she can use this energy to temporarily increase her physical strength to levels similar to that of her time as Binary, in which form she reaches class 100+.
    Comicvine info
    Carol
    Super Strength:
    After losing her Binary powers and reverting back to Ms. Marvel, Carol's strength dropped much closer to its original level, though it was still greater than before. She could now lift 75 tons under normal conditions, making her approximately fifty percent stronger than she was prior to losing her powers to Rogue. Under extreme circumstances Carol has shown the ability to tap into her cosmic Binary powers once again, allowing her to reach class-100 strength levels for brief periods. She has also shown an ability to achieve class-100 strength if she has absorbed a great deal of external energy.Recent tests by Avengers scientist Hank Pym have shown that Carol's base strength level is still increasing. Even when not augmented by any additional energy, Carol can now lift 92 tons and strike with a similar level of force, and Pym has theorized that this is likely not her limit.

I agree that monica and blue marvel are still the most powerful on the team.Blue marvel being still the most powerful.Now has chavaz got a upgrade recently before the rest of the team in season 2?hard to say but we will find out in the next issue.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I agree about being pleased with Blue Marvel's appearances. He's a founding member of a team, gotten good dialogue, had nice showings outside of the Ultimates, has shown up/been name dropped in big events and is in a awesome relationship with Monica Rambeau with more to come.

It's been a very consistent build up for him, so when he shows up in other places no one's looking like he doesn't belong. They're used to him. He's ingrained into the Marvel fabric.

This is what many of us dreamed of way back when his miniseries dropped. Now we're hopeful for a live-action appearance. Possibly the direction Marvel may go after they've propped up Black Panther/Captain Marvel and want a new tent pole team-up with Avengers drying up. Ultimates could really expand upon the Guardians and Avengers story.
    I agree.
    I would like to see him in cartoons too.
    CGI animated series and movies and traditional animation,more video games etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I would really like to see a cgi animated series and movie universe with blue marvel and the rest of the ultimates as well.

Here some examples of what could be done in the future.
    Check them out.

Marvel Future Fight [Thanos vs Doctor Strange] (Full CG trailer)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2QkEFaMvyk

MARVEL: Future Fight - Cinematic Full Trailer #2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5fwF6cLAgA

MARVEL Future Fight : Rise of the Spider-Verse heroes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslvAPHKClc

MARVEL Future Fight : Hulk Characters got stronger than ever!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMBU49lflt0

Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Hulk (Full and HQ) - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRDEaRBWXWA
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The ultimates had some action in captain marvel's series as well.

Updates.

Adam_Brashear_Earth-616/Appearances
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Ada...29/Appearances

Blue Marvel (02 - Adam Brashear)
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=27568

Monica Rambeau (Earth-616)/Appearances
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Mon...6)/Appearances

Spectrum (Marvel)(02 - Monica Rambeau) - Comic Book DB
    http://comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=72056

Ultimates (Earth-616)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimates_%28Earth-616%29

Ultimates (Earth-616)/Appearances
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...29/Appearances

Ultimates (Marvel)(Earth-616)/Appearances
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/team.php?ID=5277
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Edited replies above.

I almost forgot to post this.

Al Ewing:

Meanwhile, we can expect guest stars—Philip Vogt and his Troubleshooters will be a big part of the Earth side of things, and if things go as they have done we can expect some Giant-Man action. Oh, and Conner Sims, the Anti-Man, has a big role to play in things…
    This is what ewing said about Chavez and Monica for ultimates 2.

Marvel.com: As a writer, how has your approach to the returning characters evolved? How might you be changing your handling the team?

Al Ewing: Characters have arcs, and that’s true for the characters in ULTIMATES SQUARED. They’re all learning stuff. I want to do more with America and Monica—Carol got a huge dose of the spotlight, what with Civil War II, and she’s going to have some fallout from that, while T’Challa has his own book and the first season of ULTIMATES was very Adam-heavy. So I want to balance things out a little there. Not that we’ll see the rest of them fade into the background, of course.
    Marvel NOW! Hear This: Ultimates Squared
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/26557...mates_squared/
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I edited/delete some stuff above in my second reply above because there was some stuff i wrote that i was not too clear on yet.I think i will be more clear on it later.
    I need time to think about some more.

By the way there other examples of cgi animated stuff/cgi movie cut scenes etc..on youtube dealing with marvel and dc.
    Really good stuff.
    Another thing i do agree with is i wish the ultimates series had more pages.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-27-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It's a relaunch,not reboot.
    Mighty avengers,captain america and mighty avengers and the ultimate series i really like.Those are my top favorite comic series currently.

I think blue marvel action wise has done more then that.Recently he did throw a punch at anti-man.That's something for example.He lost,but it's something.Anti-man is more powerful then thanos.

In fact let me say something quick about blue marvel because i have seen past criticisms and overall i don't agree with them.I was going to mention it in blue marvel's thread and some of the others but i did not,but i think it's time.
    I like how blue marvel is written overall in this series and Ewing's other two series but that's me.I think blue marvel is written really well.
    I notice something by the way.
    I look at certain Appreciation threads etc.. and trust me,you find criticisms for every comicbook hero out there in dc and marvel from john stewart,black panther,superman,shazam etc...
    I read recently criticisms for blue marvel and how ewing writes him,but i don't agree with those criticisms.
    That's how i feel.I have not been disappointed at all with the ultimates series and past series overall by ewing with blue marvel in it.You could say the series i was less happy overall was captain america and the mighty avengers because there was less blue marvel in it then mighty avengers and the ultimates series.
    I could say i was looking to see if blue marvel and thanos were going to fight and while it did not happen and i while i was abit disappointed that it did not happen it was understandable,but still really like how blue marvel is written.
    I was not as disappointed as you,so that's the difference for me.
    It is not a normal superhero book.

Blue marvel will get his chance again,guest starring or having a supporting roles in other books as well etc...
    He kick squadron supreme butt by himself and knock maestro in a book written by Ewing.

I see the bigger picture,but that's me.I could see what they are doing with him for the long term and clearly he is being written better then sentry from what i hear/read.
    He is being better written then john stewart that's for sure.
    So ewing writes blue marvel really well.

We got more of him this year and in other books more then any other year so i am more happier then ever.
    This post is a lot like adams Ultimates appearances
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This post is a lot like adams Ultimates appearances
    Yeah,really exciting.
    To me blue marvel's ultimates appearances is really exciting and overall well written and overall well done.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-27-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm tired of you marignalizing other characters. Not cause oyu think theyre marginalized, but because you want to bash on Carol.Cause it's clear as day that's all you want to do.

Ignoring Adam's mainstay as the big sciencehead on this team. Ignoring all of Ewings other depictions of Adam(though you probably don't even know them.)