BANNED

Default Neighbor put up his Christmas lights tonight

i just hate when people can't even wait for thanksgiving to pass before decking the house out in xmas decor

Yeah, I can understand that some places, but around here they get put up as soon as it looks like it's going to turn cold for the winter. Get it done when it's still in the 50s, you won't have to do it in the 20s.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Had a few people around me have their stuff out before Halloween regarding the lights, not the whole set up though.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Yeah, I can understand that some places, but around here they get put up as soon as it looks like it's going to turn cold for the winter. Get it done when it's still in the 50s, you won't have to do it in the 20s.
    Agreed. Hanging Christmas decorations here in the northeast in December is the textbook definition of insanity, given how cold it gets in these parts at that time of year.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A couple of houses have done it near me too.

I love it! But then again I've almost finished my Christmas shopping and I had glühwein and a mince pie at the weekend.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Down in the village centre there's a bit of a tradition for the local shops and businesses to hang Christmas trees on the outside walls every year and, yeah, they're already up.

Don't think there's any houses that have done that yet though.

By November 1st everything is switched over to Xmas here, the most annoying one though is how some radio stations switch to Xmas music only until the end of December. We don't even have the weather excuse for the decorations, it's Florida, it doesn't' get that cold here.

Really depends on where you live how early you're allowed to do it. Here we've had freezing temps, and snow in the forecast, getting the lights up before terrible weather comes is forgivable. Though typically yes I would prefer not to see christmas stuff till black friday.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

even the macy's thanksgiving day parade is talking more about christmas than thanksigving

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Personally it doesn't bother my that much. I do think it is weird when the TV play Christmas related commercials before Thanksgiving and when stores put up Christmas stuff right after Halloween. But other then that I don't mind. Our neighbor from across the street put up their tree all ready but so far I don't really see any one else with their stuff up yet.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

We usually put all of our stuff up the day after Thanksgiving. Heck, we already have some decorations and a tree up. A small one for the family room, though. The big one in the living room will probably go up tomorrow evening.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010