View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Monday Murders #4

9 40.91%
  • Chew #60

5 22.73%
  • The Goddamned #5

1 4.55%
  • Lake of Fire #4

0 0%
  • Outcast #23

0 0%
  • Snotgirl #4

2 9.09%
  • Thief of Thieves #37

1 4.55%
  • Wayward #18

1 4.55%
  • A.D.: After Death Book 1 (of 3)

3 13.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I voted for Black Monday Murders. End of the first arc, and it's a really terrific book unlike anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    Black Monday Murders earns my vote for its tangled, involved story that digs into Grigoria's history. I like the lengthy page count. It seems so many of my comics are quick reads that end too soon. But this one allows you to settle in and get lost in the sprawling mystery.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I fell behind on Outcast, but I think it'll read better in big chunks.
    You are right about that. I fell behind once and read everything all together and that book read very well. I think it's best to read that series in trade format more than single issue.

But otherwise, I'm not feeling anything honestly. Nothing Image is putting out... is all that compelling or interesting. They all blur and swirl together in the same super serious sludge tone that almost every Image book has now.

BANNED

Like the one week I can vote, I don't read many new comics these days - but Black Monday Murders is a must buy and hasn't failed to deliver yet. Giving Ria's backstory - and Wynn's, although I don't think we've really met him yet? - was good, but I am a little pissed at Hickman for delivering almost no resolution to the case, although we already knew who the murderer was... The fact is that although this book is still largely a mystery, and this issue was a little anti-climactic in my view, I seriously think it's the best thing on the stands. I even got my non-comics friends reading it. I'm glad it's getting support here, I'd be bummed if it died off due to low readership.