Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2005
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Anyone remember the Kym Mazelle version of that song from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Lovely duet by Prince and Angie Stone from 2000.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, Surf, I'm currently making my way through IDWs Transformers for the first time (because I'm just THAT "Gee-Wun!"), and I just finished Maximum Dinobots. Pretty good stuff, and it featured a very boss battle between Shockwave and Scorponok, which reminded me of the time they first tussled toward the end of Furman's original Marvel run.
    Bro, I'm DR. GEE-WUN, lol. I know what issue you're talking about too. I saw my back issue dealer guy over Thanksgiving and I always ask him does he come across any of the Marvel Transformers and he rarely does. I've been trying to work that run seems like 10 years now even though those were some of the first comic books I ever owned (thank you Jim Shooter) and I'm barely through issue 40. I've collected the Dreamwave series from the early 00's but I've heard nothing but good about the IDW series. I will have to pick that up in the trades sooner than later.

RE: Candi Staton. I feel like I've heard this voice but she doesn't sound familiar to me... damn you Paul.

Yes and yes. En Vouge has always done it for me, they don't get much traction here. Indianapolis hosted the Superbowl several years ago (Giants/Patriots) they had a huge ta-do for 2 weeks all around the city. I got to see my favorite band of the 80s in Morris Day and The Time AND En Vouge the same day. Also Patti Labelle came on Saturday and was NOT feeling the cold as they were all outdoor concerts. Even though she had a full length mink on. We got Diva'd by a real Diva, can't ask for more than that.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Didn't I post some Candi earlier on the thread?

She started out with a kind of Southern soul vibe, then reinvented herself for the Disco age, hitting HUGE with "Young Hearts Run Free", then did only Christian music for quite a few years. An a cappella song she had recorded for, of all things, a Weight Watchers DVD was turned into an 80s eletro pop smash hit by British DJs The Source. A decade later, the song received a drum and bass makeover, which lead to a dance/house album by Candy. Over the past decade, she went back to making very strong, earthy soul albums with strong messages, kind of back to her roots but with the wisdom of a mature woman.

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!

This one always gives me goosebumps. This is not about puppy love.

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!

DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince- "A Nightmare on My Street" The official music video is finally released, 30 years later! The group initially got sued by New Line Cinema for doing a song about Freddy without their permission. The song couldn't be blocked but the video could. There was even a clause in the settlement that the group would agree to star in a movie produced by the studio. Long story short, the movie project ended up being House Party (with Kid & Play), and the contractual Will Smith movie (without Jazz) ended up being Six Degrees of Separation.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Lean on Me. Club Nouveau version.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-29-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Invincible Member

The big steel Puerto Rican flag that shows up a couple of times is a landmark of the Humbolt Park neighborhood in Chicago.
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-13-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Invincible Member

More Chicago...Jean Grae got a lot of positive write ups and seemed like she could blow up big at any second, but it didn't quite happen and she stayed underground

Miss Nancy Wilson, a song stylist who worked with jazz, funk and R&B musicians, died at the age of 81. She decided at age 4 to become a singer, and had her first TV show as a teenager. She was the first female artist to cross over to white audiences in a big way, as Nat King Cole had done among the male artists. She was an incredibly prolific artist, especially in the 60s when she recorded as many as 4 albums a year.

Rest in Peace, Miss Nancy Wilson.

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!