Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2004
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

And like 63% of all soul divas, she recorded a duet with James Ingram:

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

My favorite version of a Christmas classic. Nancy's "ah, might as well" relaxed approach to the "ding dong, ding dong" lines is superb.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Timeless 90s R&B:

Hillary was right!

RIP Nancy Wilson. I knew her best from one of my favorite episodes The Cosby Show where Denise met whashisface's parents. Guy who played Raven's dad.

Don't think Tower of Power have ever come up here. Mabye Lenny has but even then I'm not totally sure, for shame.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

A lot of talk going around has been about 'THE KING... of R&B' or the current one at least. :shrug: I don't know nan of these young cats really and can't name as song to distinguish from any of them. I'm with Mal on this one, Sasha Fierce is the King for all intents and purposes. The discussion though seems to exist in a certain bubble of the internet and socials so already pretty much negates is merit, but... when you mark it at a certain time (you have to right?) the standouts the last almost 20 years bring up really only a couple. Kells, unfortunately and ERSHUR.

I've never really been a fan of Usher ever so this is just the long way really to post the one song that I really really dig of his. I always thought somebody like Will Downing would crush a song like Here I Stand but it works for Raymond too.

Last edited by Surf; 12-20-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    A lot of talk going around has been about 'THE KING... of R&B' or the current one at least. :shrug: I don't know nan of these young cats really and can't name as song to distinguish from any of them. I'm with Mal on this one, Sasha Fierce is the King for all intents and purposes. The discussion though seems to exist in a certain bubble of the internet and socials so already pretty much negates is merit, but... when you mark it at a certain time (you have to right?) the standouts the last almost 20 years bring up really only a couple. Kells, unfortunately and ERSHUR.

I've never really been a fan of Usher ever so this is just the long way really to post the one song that I really really dig of his. I always thought somebody like Will Downing would crush a song like Here I Stand but it works for Raymond too.

Mal also said there's not much R&B in this generation, period. Which is maybe a different discussion. But I do agree that Bey absolutely crushes any competitor in the genre.

And come on Surf, you can't tell me you won't sing along during Nice N Slow when he goes "Now teeeeeeeeeeeeeell me, do you wanna get freeeeeeeeeeeaaaky"
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

If you need to stream something over the holidays, Dionne's entire Christmas CD from about 15 years ago is on youtube. It's very well done as far as Christmas albums go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1145XU3M4E

Hillary was right!

John Legend covered this for his holiday album this year.

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!

JoJo Levesque just released re-recorded versions of her first two albums JoJo and The High Road. Very nice present for her fans! She never turned her back on her old songs and continued to perform them at concerts, even when she was tangled up in a legal fight with her label Blackground Records, who ended up pulling those two first albums off streaming services like iTunes and Spotify. Now they're back and in a new and improved version. About twice as old as she was when she released them and matured in her already impressive vocal abilities, this really is a treat.

Invincible Member

I will fight you in the parking lot over how great this song is.

Still catching up on IDW's Transformers: Robots In Disguise, and while on #6, I got to page 4, where I got a feeling of:

...and finally learned where you got your avi from, Surf!

Ingredients: