Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2002

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Talk about it Bar-Kays!

You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Ginuwine and Timbaland put out some of the sultriest jams of the late 90s:

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Ginuwine and Timbaland put out some of the sultriest jams of the late 90s:

Nice pull Mo, DAMN this came out in '96... Could have swore is was closer to the end of the 90's, AND I forgot that was on The Bachelor CD. RIP Aaliyah.

I've always hated the pretty boy can't keep they shirt on shtick, or at least I felt, keep that energy up when you get old bruh, as if. Always be exceptions though, Ginuwine cool.

You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    You know, what I always thought was interesting is that on that album cover Missy looks like almost a completely different person. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but they clearly were attempting to hide her weight and even her face looks...not representative of her true looks?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    You know, what I always thought was interesting is that on that album cover Missy looks like almost a completely different person. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but they clearly were attempting to hide her weight and even her face looks...not representative of her true looks?

I kinda see where you're coming from. I would say more hiding in plan sight on some level. 'I can't stand the Rain' was the first single and video and wasn't nothing misrepresented about her look in that. I didn't quite ever feel that song or the video so I bought this CD around the time 'Sock It To Me' came out I think, by then she was rollin' strong and it was working.

Also she came out in the Shoop/Foxy/Lil' Kim era so female MC's were using sex to sell and that was the climate, this being her first album even a talent like Missy had to cow-tow to the marketing ideas of the label I'm sure. I just realized a couple years ago that was the bottom of her shoe in the forefront. When you have several singles and videos to accompany the music small details like this odd CD cover get overlooked I guess. It is VERY unimaginative and in stark contrast to the visuals in everything else she's done that's for sure.
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I kinda see where you're coming from. I would say more hiding in plan sight on some level. 'I can't stand the Rain' was the first single and video and wasn't nothing misrepresented about her look in that. I didn't quite ever feel that song or the video so I bought this CD around the time 'Sock It To Me' came out I think, by then she was rollin' strong and it was working.

Also she came out in the Shoop/Foxy/Lil' Kim era so female MC's were using sex to sell and that was the climate, this being her first album even a talent like Missy had to cow-tow to the marketing ideas of the label I'm sure. I just realized a couple years ago that was the bottom of her shoe in the forefront. When you have several singles and videos to accompany the music small details like this odd CD cover get overlooked I guess. It is VERY unimaginative and in stark contrast to the visuals in everything else she's done that's for sure.
    That's what made me do a couple take back in the day, I saw the videos first and they were definitely Missy bringing a unique visual and personal style to everything, when finally saw the album cover I was like, "Who's this other girl?" But yeah, I think you're right about someone at the label thinking they needed to push her in that Lil'Kim mode. Good for Missy that she didn't stick to it and found her own image.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    not having had cable in the 1980s (and thus, no BET.. obviously MTV resisted even crossover R&B clips until "forced" to acknowledge Michael Jackson & Prince), I am amazed by the various songs that apparently had music videos that I never knew about.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-20-2019 at 08:30 AM.