Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2004

Part 2 of of Live It Up must start right round the 3 minute mark cause there ain't no more Ron vocals after and this mug just jams for the next 3 minutes.

Also, the album cover to 1974's Live It Up. I wasn't born until a year and change later but I know the cover of a bronze age Marvel comic when I see one.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Damn you Carole.
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Part 2 of of Live It Up must start right round the 3 minute mark cause there ain't no more Ron vocals after and this mug just jams for the next 3 minutes.

Also, the album cover to 1974's Live It Up. I wasn't born until a year and change later but I know the cover of a bronze age Marvel comic when I see one.

What superpowers would they have had, you think?

My suggestions, from left to right: super-agility, super-stomping, empathy-hypnosis, super-pimpin', vaguely defined and unstable radiation power, super-shouting.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    What superpowers would they have had, you think?

My suggestions, from left to right: super-agility, super-stomping, empathy-hypnosis, super-pimpin', vaguely defined and unstable radiation power, super-shouting.
    First of all, ban yourself lol. I feel THEY ALL had some low level of super-pimpin'. I figure the amount of vagina they have to keep away with a stick on a nightly basis back then was similar in some way to what Scott Summers experienced without his visor. They're all related so I feel some of these powersets cancel each other our right? From left to right, my mans gotta have some kind of glide ability, super stomping- I'll take it. I feel tax evasion is more of a skill than a powerset but maybe, the power to pull hateration out of regular guys my man in the white definitely has. After that dude can turn his body into platinum and brotha at the end can project pure funk soundscapes. All they need is a thirty cent variant and they're bigger stars then we thought they were.
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Goodie Mob meets Outkast

Also, I dig the whole Reservoir Dogs parody
    Last edited by ed2962; 08-29-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Mighty Member

Classic rhythm 'n' blues bop by a 23 year old Ray Charles!

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Terence Trent D'arby from his second album that massively undersold.

He says the record company hated it and he have been right considering it came out in '89. But I think it caught a lot of people off guard. The Hardline hits were love songs and you can see his dance moves were direct cops from James Brown and Prince. Here he's doing faux psychedelic rock.

Also, I had no idea that he'd changed his name to Sananda Maitreya in the early 2000's and kept putting out records on a semi-regular basis.

Mighty Member

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Terence Trent D'arby from his second album that massively undersold.

He says the record company hated it and he have been right considering it came out in '89. But I think it caught a lot of people off guard. The Hardline hits were love songs and you can see his dance moves were direct cops from James Brown and Prince. Here he's doing faux psychedelic rock.

Also, I had no idea that he'd changed his name to Sananda Maitreya in the early 2000's and kept putting out records on a semi-regular basis.
    I remember not being impressed by the album as a kid. It's the sophomore curse: Artists spend all their lives writing songs and putting the best ones on their first album, it becomes a classic with 3 or 4 hit singles and then they're asked to do it again. See also: Tracy Chapman.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

One thing about that second album(Neither Fish nor Flesh(well, going by memory...) -

It seems like he produced it himself. It also seemed like a figurative boatload of folks played on it.

Seems like the good came with the bad on it.

Something like "Declaration: Neither Fish Nor Flesh" is sure the opening move you make when you are running your own show.

Past that, I don't know that I can relate to not being impressed with it on some level. "I Have Faith In These Desolate Times" still sticks out a lot of years later. He seriously let it rip in a couple of spots on that tune.

Honestly, it kind of hit me like that solo record that Jeremy made after Sunny Day Real Estate. I can get it throwing folks, but it ain't no joke.

Mighty Member

You bet yer ass.