Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2011
    Invincible Member

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Gosh, I love this song. I listened to it just last night. I ended up listening to it twice.

RIP Coolio, died too soon at 59. He was already well into his 30s when he found his big commercial success in the 90s. Everyone knows Gangsta's Paradise, but he had a handful of big singles out around that time besides that one.

His verse on Hit 'Em High off the Space Jam soundtrack was cool as well ('coming to your area, I might have to bury ya'). And can't forget about the Kenan & Kel theme.

EDIT: this also means he wasn't rapping from his own perspective in the line "i'm 23 now, will I live to be 24" in GP.
    Last edited by Mormel; 09-30-2022 at 09:28 PM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Tommy DeBarge and Switch
    Switch means things to the race, the human one. I proposed to one of they joints back when.

RIP Tommy, been almost a year. Ed did you know Tubi made a Bobby Debarge movie? If anybody knows how terrible most of the Debarge's had it under their father, it would be tough to sit through even with the music. Group not around a long time but they had an impact.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm listening to Dangerous for the first time, and I'm a bit amazed at how hard some of these album tracks hit. MJ was really killing it on those Teddy Riley new jack swing beats.

This didn't click with me instantly when I first read it but yea Dangerous was jammin'. When I pulled it up I was like, aw, yea JAM lol. After the big three from MJ my attention begin to wain but there are some memorable songs here above most on BAD as crazy as that sounds. Off the Wall, Thriller, BAD and Dangerous is the group. Now Blood on the Dancefloor from 97 I've never listened too.
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Switch means things to the race, the human one. I proposed to one of they joints back when.

RIP Tommy, been almost a year. Ed did you know Tubi made a Bobby Debarge movie? If anybody knows how terrible most of the Debarge's had it under their father, it would be tough to sit through even with the music. Group not around a long time but they had an impact.

I was not aware of the movie. I may have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    This didn't click with me instantly when I first read it but yea Dangerous was jammin'. When I pulled it up I was like, aw, yea JAM lol. After the big three from MJ my attention begin to wain but there are some memorable songs here above most on BAD as crazy as that sounds. Off the Wall, Thriller, BAD and Dangerous is the group. Now Blood on the Dancefloor from 97 I've never listened too.
    I have a lot of nostalgia for the Dangerous and History eras because those were the albums that were out when I was a schoolkid. Those Dangerous singles were everywhere on radio and TV, so they were my introduction to MJ.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

RIP Joyce Sims, who passed away at only 63 years.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Shoutout to Kareem, mans was ahead of it in a way we had NOOO idea about. A visionary, without him The Carter would have just another burnt out tenament. Dude had to teach street dudes how to use a 3.5 floppy disk drive in the infancy of Windows.

You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I hate the Eagles.

Meanwhile, another unsung major talent gone:
    Stax songwriter, Bettye Crutcher, has died. She was 83. Bettye had been ill, following a series of health issues.

Bettye wrote for many of the label’s stars including Johnnie Taylor, The Staple Singers, Sam & Dave, and Albert King, amongst others.

She also recorded an album of her own for Stax.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Take It Easy Desperado. I'm going to assume that hate is personal and not artistic merit. Tell me they had Bubba Knight jumped at a show back in the day.

Spent many trips with my Pops and brother to Marion, Indiana to see Grandma and Grandpa from 1981 to oh, 83, 84. AM Indianapolis WIBC alway on the radio cause the signal stayed strong the whole way. The first white band I ever had any vague recollection of was The Eagles (shoutout to the Doobies). Even as a little kid trying to stay awake the whole ride, I was all- Damn, they got a couple few songs on the radio. I am partial.

Also RIP, Joyce Sims. Used to be a show on BET called Video LP. This was one of the earlyshows, so no hippity-hop was played on there. Come into my Life was a staple. Me and my cousins used to crack up at her groovin' them shoulders playin that piano. She was gettin after it.

You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

German media are reporting that Roberta Flack is suffering from ALS and has already lost her ability to sing. Very sad.

You bet yer ass.