Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Damn! Excellent! (need to check if it's in the good old Curtom Story double cd anthology of Curtis' productions...)

More Martha Reeves - and a pure Motor City video

This one - like the previous one - is not a rarity at all of course, but I need to post it. They both are so beautiful. I love how Tammy acts : so cute!

When you think that a few months later she collapsed in Marvin's arms on stage and how quick the illness took her, so young... How both of them left our Earth... So sad..

Last edited by Abe; 03-05-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    This one - like the previous one - is not a rarity at all of course, but I need to post it. They both are so beautiful. I love how Tammy acts : so cute!

When you think that a few months later she collapsed in Marvin's arms on stage and how quick the illness took her, so young... How both of them left our Earth... So sad..

I love this video. I once had an avatar of a freeze-frame from it. You can really see they were good friends. Apparently Tammi's death was one of the reasons Marvin went on to make the What's Going On album.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I love this video. I once had an avatar of a freeze-frame from it. You can really see they were good friends. Apparently Tammi's death was one of the reasons Marvin went on to make the What's Going On album.
    I always wondered if David Ruffin would have lost control over his drug use as badly as he did had he not lost his girlfriend Tammi so tragically.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    A clever and funny vid. Love the song.
    ^ So good, I have this vacuum of videos in my head, I don't think I've ever seen that all the way through.
    One of only a handful of songs that can actually choke me up.

Ms. Badu is a force. I feel some artists are deserving to physical media. I used to download a lot but now that vinyl is back kind of strong all my true favorites I try to get an actual CD or record. My favorite Badu album is Mama's Gun, I used to let that ride on repeat for as long as I needed it. Didn't Cha know if very 'midday' to me but when it's turned up loud and bass line bumps it's beautiful. If it's not my favorite Badu song it's top 3.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The way I feel! Oh! I could reach the stars!
    Oh! Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!
    Oh Yeaaaaaah yeaaaah Yeah!
    Woo! well well well well well well well
    Woo! Yeaah Yeaaaaah Yeah

Don't know much about them - a Capitol record single by The Reflections from Harlem

And a bit of rare groove...

(I needed some light and happy tracks after those posts about Tammi's death...)

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ^ So good, I have this vacuum of videos in my head, I don't think I've ever seen that all the way through.
    One of only a handful of songs that can actually choke me up.

Ms. Badu is a force. I feel some artists are deserving to physical media. I used to download a lot but now that vinyl is back kind of strong all my true favorites I try to get an actual CD or record. My favorite Badu album is Mama's Gun, I used to let that ride on repeat for as long as I needed it. Didn't Cha know if very 'midday' to me but when it's turned up loud and bass line bumps it's beautiful. If it's not my favorite Badu song it's top 3.
    I don't know which album I prefer, but I know that they were all able to make me listen to them on the repeat for weeks! So much gems in Mama's Gun... And what a production!!!

Another very nice clip for you - not her best track but a light and happy one...

The silly 'Annie' interlude needs a longer version

Now, let's get serious a bit.

BANNED

Ltd. featuring Jeffrey Osborne.

BANNED

The underrated Zulema: