Page 34 of 135 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Harold and the Blue Notes ( Teddy's in this group)

Uh....I might be mistaken but I think there's a photo of Ben Carson in this video?

Invincible Member

More Ted!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

The Pointer Sisters!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Love it. The days when Busta was so unpredictable, circa The Coming, When Disaster Strikes, and E.L.E. But whatever happened to this Rampage guy? "I'm gonna live long in this rap game"? Seems like he fell off even faster than Craig himself.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Here's a pretty cool track off TLC's sophomore album: it's "Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes" featuring Andre 3000. I love Left Eye's verse on this, especially the line "my mishap is the fact that I'm destined to snap".

Wu-Wednesday.

The video greatness of (and quasi NSFW) Ice Cream from Rae the Chef's debut album 'Only Built for Cuban Links' also known as the purple tape cause, ya know, the cassette tape was purple. Lots of moving girl parts here but this isn't just some shakefest ala Tip Drill or some shit from Luke, this video had mostly good old local NY talent and not a showing of video industry type models all up in the video.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Love it. The days when Busta was so unpredictable, circa The Coming, When Disaster Strikes, and E.L.E. But whatever happened to this Rampage guy? "I'm gonna live long in this rap game"? Seems like he fell off even faster than Craig himself.
    Yeah the last Boyscout was a one verse wonder lol. And yeah those old Busta videos are still pretty crazy .

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Gotta say, Cliffhanger, I'm loving the posse cuts you've been posting on this page. I used to play 'Buddy' on my discman all the time; to the point where I knew all the lyrics by heart.

I think I was 8 or 9 when MTV came out. That summer our babysitter just left this new music channel on ALL DAY until He-Man came on and then we watched cartoons til we got picked up. I remember enough to recall that the older R&B acts NEVER got played on MTV so they just doubled down on the fuckin' Dee Snyder. Until Thriller that is and there were other video shows on though, Night Flight, Friday Night Videos, Hot which came on everyday so it wasn't a monopoly after the first year. So after a while though so many of these old school acts who had videos and were not mega acts, I have never seen many of these videos that are getting now 35 years old and up. I know the songs backwards and forwards but there is that space of about 77-84 where a lot of videos are new to me.

Anyway, The Whispers, mustache and suit game was forever strong.

You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Please. Craig Mack is the hip-hop Chuck Yeager, he broke the sound barrier in an unmanned vessel with his fall off. His first CD had to go at least Platinum and he had flow no question and then nothing. Especially after Flava in Your Ear remix, which is in the dictionary to this day under the word Remix. I used to read every issue of the Source Magazine back in the day and I used to be like surely , if he died, they would mention it right? At some point in the 90s cats was like can the NYPD do a welfare check at his apartment or somethin'.
    You bet yer ass.