Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Whatever happened to Horace Brown?!? He had a nice album back in the day---kinda in the same vein as Donell Jones' "Where I Wanna Be"---with a few really nice singles, like this one. Dude had the sound, look, and persona to blow up, and even had Puffy's backing back when Bad Boy was hot, but he pretty much disappeared after that one album and now, you can't even find anybody who has ever even HEARD of them before. Really wish he had followed up on that debut album and made more music.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 03-23-2018 at 09:27 AM.

You bet yer ass.

Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Foxy Brown and Jay Z had a hit with their take on this song. Here's the original.
    When I started to seriously consider cutting the cable cord couple years ago, it took me months to pull the trigger because of 1-I didn't want to lose all the cool **** on my old Comcast DVR and 2- questioned that I would be able to access certain channels that had 1 or two shows that I really didn't want to go without. I ended up splitting the differences but unfortunately I still don't have TV One which runs my most favorite music doc shows Unsung. **** I hated to be lose that one, the Teena Marie and Mikki Howard episodes were protected on the old DVR. It's too damn bad MOST of the subjects have it so hard post their music career's. Some of the stories are crushing.

Anyway, Angela Winbush's Unsung was excellent, that is one talented woman and she's been through a lot. Her catalogue is deep going back in the day but come to find out Rene Moore was a real, ASS, HOLE when it came to Winbush. I guess it can be tough when you're part of a successful duo and 1 part is drastically more talented than the other but he took it way far. He declined to take part in that documentary and honestly it was about Winbush anyway but I guess he couldn't deal with all the bullshit that HAD to be put out there, which likely would have eclipsed some of the success when you look back at this point. Kind of like the same thing with Shalamar, Jody Watley did a whole set of videos about what was left out or disputed of the bad and abusive things that went on with her when Unsung profiled Shalamar and the abuses from Howard Hewitt and Jeffery Daniel and also Dick Griffey. Shoutout to Angela Winbush though.

You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Hauntingly beautiful.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

You bet yer ass.

It felt like the three of Jodeci's albums went multi platinum but actually they only sold 6 million combined. Keeping in mind now that's 3 full album releases, with multiple singles and videos from only 1991-1995. Nothing to sneeze even for the time and really, them cats DIDN'T do a lot of interviews or TV appearances and mostly made their weight on radio, in videos, CD sales and a massive following of young folks. I guess they kind of would limit themselves when the front man is punching Mary J. Blige in the face.

Not quite TLC that sold about a dozen million more records but that's only compared to one of the biggest CD's of the decade in CrazySexyCool. Still I don't know a bigger group that cranked out hit after hit after hit. Sonically them records were nothing but exceptional, I'm not a headphones guy (I prefer to turn up in the car or at the crib) but these records must be beautiful with some good headphones and stereo equipment.
    I can rattle off 20 other slow jam BANGERZ over a 15 or so year period, from Guy's first album in like '89 through the early 00's and none of them quite get there like these guys time on top. Out of all of them, even the K-Ci and JoJo records Feenin' is still my favorite.

You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Big Maybelle - Turn the World Around the Other Way