Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Royal Family of Attilan: are they villains ?

After reading DoX #4 I don't really understand how the inhumans, most particularly the Royal Family, can be still considered heroes:

- The inhuman culture is classist (your place in society depends of your ability) and they are slave-owner
    - Black Bolt with the help of his mad brother purposely spread a toxic mist on earth and directly in a foreign city (New-york) without knowing the effects on the non-inhuman
    - Humans were transformed against their consent and at first without warning
    - A lot of NuHumans were cripled or died because their dormant genes were too weak during the mutation
    - The Royal Family has extended his rules over all nuHuman once again without their consent: even if you don't recognize her, per se, Medusa is your queen if you are NuHuman
    - The mist killed thousand of mutants
    - When they discover that the mist are in fact toxic, they refuse to stop them and let the mutants die for religious and cultural reasons (the inhumans can survive without the mist, and even mutate, like Quake or Karnak. They can also capture a part of the mists and use them on a consensual ceremonial, like before.)
    -When the mutants react and try to stop the mist, they fight them and try to kill their leader

I have certainly forget a lot of crimes, but how the the hero community can endorse them, and how Cyclops is considered by a lot of people as a "new Hitler" for fighting them (without casualties) ?
    Last edited by lordozone; 11-28-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Jesus christ.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I always read how Blackbolt's terrigen bomb was set off being some sort of big bad villain move. Why was it set off in the first place? To stop Thanos. People seem to over look that.

Sure it had the horrific side effect of m-pox, but Blackbolt couldn't have known that. Maybe the Inhumans could have done more to help stop the m-pox, sure, but they don't have a way yet to create new Inhumans without the cloud.

It's far from an ideal situation. I guess the Inhumans are acting in the best interests of the Inhumans first.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Jesus christ.
    I want to point that I have nothing against the inhumans, I read Karnak, Miss Marvel and I will try secret warriors. But this concept of ruling class and rigid culture who prefer tradition than life of actual peoples, need to be a least developed by the writers. But it's for discussion sake, if you think that my arguments don't hold, I'm curious to see what I haven't understood about the inhuman behavior developed by Marvel since infinity.

Tbh I think we could say anti-heroes, for Medusa and Black Bolt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    I always read how Blackbolt's terrigen bomb was set off being some sort of big bad villain move. Why was it set off in the first place? To stop Thanos. People seem to over look that.

Sure it had the horrific side effect of m-pox, but Blackbolt couldn't have known that. Maybe the Inhumans could have done more to help stop the m-pox, sure, but they don't have a way yet to create new Inhumans without the cloud.

It's far from an ideal situation. I guess the Inhumans are acting in the best interests of the Inhumans first.
    No, to fight Thanos he used his powers and destroy his city in the process. The Terrigen bomb was not an offensive device and have not effect all on Thanos. I think you can see this clearly in Infinite #3

Tbh I think we could say anti-heroes, for Medusa and Black Bolt.
    and after how many innocent deaths are you not anymore anti-heroes (specially for Black Bolt)

BANNED

Neither. They fall into the grey spectrum except Crystal. She is more heroic.

They do what is best for the inhumans. Whatever it may be, just leaders trying to protect and provide for there people.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post

But Cyclops is being demonized for doing the exact same thing, with far less casualties or collateral damage. How does that make sense?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    #CrystalForQueenOfTheInhumans2K17 #ImWithHer

Well, Captain America is now agent of Hydra; so i dont think that it matters much if they are actual villains.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I want to point that I have nothing against the inhumans, I read Karnak, Miss Marvel and I will try secret warriors. But this concept of ruling class and rigid culture who prefer tradition than life of actual peoples, need to be a least developed by the writers. But it's for discussion sake, if you think that my arguments don't hold, I'm curious to see what I haven't understood about the inhuman behavior developed by Marvel since infinity.
    My comment was more about the discussion coming up again rather than your argument.

But the issue with the conflict is that Marvel changed it half way. In the "Inhuman" series it was revealed that Blackbolt (and Maximus if I remember correctly but that part could be wrong) had learned of a prophecy that a major threat was coming for the Inhumans and that they would all die unless there was more of them and they had more diverse talents in the Inhuman population. This was revealed as a secret motivation for Blackbolt releasing the terrigen bomb. It was a major plot point in the series, going so far as Medusa sparing Lash (a major villain) because she was worried he could be needed for the prophecy.

So the real issue was intended to be that if they destroyed the terrigen, they wouldn't have enough Inhumans when the prophecy comes true and they would all die (on top of the culture stuff mentioned elsewhere). So thel issue was that w/ terrigen mutants all die, w/out terrigen Inhumans all die. In this case you can't blame the Royals for defending their people.

But then since Secret Wars Marvel just seems to have forgotten this. The prophecy never gets brought up anymore even though it should be the main motivator for the Inhumans in Death of X and IvX. It's utterly bizarre considering how the prophecy had such a strong effect on Blackbolt and Medusa's actions directly before Secret Wars.

I don't blame X-Men fans for not knowing this, because Marvel has done a shit job of explaining it in any of the crossovers or events, but that is what the conflict was about (maybe still is if they bring it back in IvX).
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

BANNED

So it's a situation that they decided to drop the bomb because of a prophecy... who made the prophecy? How credible it was? did the prophecy anticipated mutants deaths by the mists? So inhumans logic is that they'd rather let all mutants die over a prophecy that says that all inhumans might die if they don't let all the mutants die? apparently the prophecy never went into fruition and they just genocided the mutants for no reason whatsoever... bravo inhumans, I'm sure more people will love you for this ... haven't they considered the fact that it'd been a self fulfilled prophecy that their mists pissed the mutants so hard they ended up killing all inhumans?

and don't tell me it's thanos , I'm sure plenty of the heroes of earth could've helped to take him down (storm could've soloed him) or stall him until the heavy hitters returned from space, don't tell it's thane either because his ambar trick only held thanos for like 5 minutes and then he got free and started destroying the worlds in the incursion saga... Anything else I'm missing? Wasn't also a prophecy that made the Avengers invade Utopia? A self fulfilling prophecy by the way

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Thunderbolts disagree

Last edited by somacula; 11-24-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So it's a situation that they decided to drop the bomb because of a prophecy... who made the prophecy? How credible it was? did the prophecy anticipated mutants deaths by the mists? So inhumans logic is that they'd rather let all mutants die over a prophecy that says that all inhumans might die if they don't let all the mutants die? apparently the prophecy never went into fruition and they just genocided the mutants for no reason whatsoever... bravo inhumans, I'm sure more people will love you for this ... haven't they considered the fact that it'd been a self fulfilled prophecy that their mists pissed the mutants so hard they ended up killing all inhumans?

and don't tell me it's thanos , I'm sure plenty of the heroes of earth could've helped to take him down (storm could've soloed him) or stall him until the heavy hitter returned from space, don't tell it's thane either because his ambar trick only held thanos for like 5 minutes and then he got free and started destroying the worlds in the incursion saga... Anything else I'm missing? Wasn't also a prophecy that made the Avengers invade Utopia? A self fulfilling prophecy by the way
    I can't remember the details on the top stuff, would need to check my book. But it didn't say they might die it said they would and Blackbolt 100% believed it. It also said nothing about the mutants whatsoever. But the prophecy thing was clearly being built up as the climax of Soule's work, which we haven't reached yet, so the comment about it not happening doesn't really apply, it should still be in the future.

X-Men fans also forget that the terrigen mist was floating around for an entire year pre-secret wars and wasn't toxic to mutants during that time. Something changed since (likely the skyspears as the mists went toxic as soon as they showed up. Which many people assume were sent by the Kree or someone else to start a mutant-Inhuman war to weaken one or both races). There was literally no reason to believe it would hurt mutants until it had started to happen, at which point the royals would face an impossible choice of genocide for their people or x-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post

and don't tell me it's thanos , I'm sure plenty of the heroes of earth could've helped to take him down (storm could've soloed him) or stall him until the heavy hitters returned from space, don't tell it's thane either because his ambar trick only held thanos for like 5 minutes and then he got free and started destroying the worlds in the incursion saga... Anything else I'm missing? Wasn't also a prophecy that made the Avengers invade Utopia? A self fulfilling prophecy by the way

Thunderbolts disagree

I said more heroic and she was angry about her people being killed. How would of Storm or Cyke have reacted to there own people being killed?

She is the second strongest of the Inhumans. Only the king is stronger, and has a bad temper.

1bjwSey.jpg

Firstly: Thanks, dan12456. In all the arguing about the IvX stuff, that was something I'd never seen brought up and it does put the Inhuman stance in a difference light. Someone should remind Soule and Lemire that they should reference it once in a while.

Second: Isn't there already a sticky meant to contain these sorts of discussions?