Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    I said more heroic and she was angry about her people being killed. How would of Storm or Cyke have reacted to there own people being killed?

She is the second strongest of the Inhumans. Only the king is stronger, and has a bad temper.

Attachment 41949
    I cannot speak for Storm but Cyke is the kind of guy that'll make sure their enemies are down before they can hurt any mutants, he likes to anticipate to the issue and solve it before it escalates into more mutants deaths...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I cannot speak for Storm but Cyke is the kind of guy that'll make sure their enemies are down before they can hurt any mutants, he likes to anticipate to the issue and solve it before it escalates into more mutants deaths...
    Storm was doing the preemptive strike thing back in the mid 1980s when Scott was still going through his quarter life crisis and abandoning his wife and kid. We could use more of that Storm today tbh.

BANNED

Yes they are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Storm was doing the preemptive strike thing back in the mid 1980s when Scott was still going through his quarter life crisis and abandoning his wife and kid. We could use more of that Storm today tbh.
    Well Cyclops took the preventive strike ability and perfected it into modern X force, it's so good that wolverine decided to keep on doing it by himself ... As for Maddie, I clearly remember her trying to kill his baby with a sacrificial knife after summoning the legions of hell, so I think Cyclops did a fine job on keeping nathan to himself

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    I always read how Blackbolt's terrigen bomb was set off being some sort of big bad villain move. Why was it set off in the first place? To stop Thanos. People seem to over look that.

Sure it had the horrific side effect of m-pox, but Blackbolt couldn't have known that. Maybe the Inhumans could have done more to help stop the m-pox, sure, but they don't have a way yet to create new Inhumans without the cloud.

It's far from an ideal situation. I guess the Inhumans are acting in the best interests of the Inhumans first.
    I don't like the story that came after (i.e the whole mutants dying because of the mist) but B-Bolts reasoning for releasing the mist made sense.

Thanos came to Earth to kill his Inhuman son and releasing the mists (to power up said son- Thane) was basically to stop him.

Like i said, I don't like the whole Terrigen Mists killing mutants thing (it does actually paint the Inhumans in a less than charitable light considering they don't necessarily need it to survive) but Blackbolt's actions did lead to Thanos being stopped (i.e the powered up Thane trapped Thanos). If Thanos had found an unpowered Thane, it would have been disastrous.

I honestly don't know why Marvel's writers don't make reference to Infinity anymore considering that's where the mists were actually released. It was one of the better events of the last few years.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-25-2016 at 12:20 AM.

BANNED

Well Cyclops took the preventive strike ability and perfected it into modern X force, it's so good that wolverine decided to keep on doing it by himself ... As for Maddie, I clearly remember her trying to kill his baby with a sacrificial knife after summoning the legions of hell, so I think Cyclops did a fine job on keeping nathan to himself
    I'd argue Scott's X-Force was far from perfect for a variety of reasons, and really Logan's approach was quite different too. Your take on Madelyne seems pretty off base as well, she was really a tragic figure in context and part of that was Scott fundamentally failing her.

That said modern Storm is pathetic and I barely even recognize her. Claremont's Storm would've slit Blackbolt's throat by now.

BANNED

lordozone :
    After reading DoX #7 I don't really understand how the inhumans
    Please i need spoilers for Death of X 5,6,7
    - The inhuman culture is classist (your place in society depends of your ability) and they are slave-owner
    were. Mutants will be using their slaves(Magneto during the war)
    - Black Bolt with the help of his mad brother purposely spread a toxic mist on earth and directly in a foreign city (New-york) without knowing the effects on the non-inhuman
    It wasn't toxic
    - The Royal Family has extended his rules over all nuHuman once again without their consent: even if you don't recognize her, per se, Medusa is your queen if you are NuHuman
    You can ignore her like few inhumans did.
    - The mist killed thousand of mutants
    Phoenix and mutants stilll killed thousands times more people
    -When the mutants react and try to stop the mist, they fight them and try to kill their leader
    Storm was a leader and she is alive.

The Royal Family of Attilan: are they villains ?
    Yes. They should be in prison with many X-men(Magneto, Wolverine, Xavier, Cyclops for example) and many Avengers.

FlashingSabre :
    But Cyclops is being demonized for doing the exact same thing, with far less casualties or collateral damage. How does that make sense?
    Cyclops did less only because X-men ignored his orders multiple times and he was stopped before he could kill many people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I'd argue Scott's X-Force was far from perfect for a variety of reasons, and really Logan's approach was quite different too. Your take on Madelyne seems pretty off base as well, she was really a tragic figure in context and part of that was Scott fundamentally failing her.

That said modern Storm is pathetic and I barely even recognize her. Claremont's Storm would've slit Blackbolt's throat by now.
    Your "Scott leaves his wife" lacks lot of context and it's part of a messy story that was enforced by editorial and did nobody any favours, I won't deny Cyke has most responsibility in it but even after that maddie wasn't exactly a saint either...

As for modern Storm... well ask a Storm fan, I'm blaming any of her faults on bad writing, I'm also sure Cyclops from X factor and Bolt from that time would've solved this crisis without spilling any blood and minimizing collateral damage and would've shaken hands at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't like the story that came after (i.e the whole mutants dying because of the mist) but B-Bolts reasoning for releasing the mist made sense.

Thanos came to Earth to kill his Inhuman son and releasing the mists (to power up said son- Thane) was basically to stop him.

Like i said, I don't like the whole Terrigen Mists killing mutants thing (it does actually paint the Inhumans in a less than charitable light considering they don't necessarily need it to survive) but Blackbolt's actions did lead to Thanos being stopped (i.e the powered up Thane trapped Thanos). If Thanos had found an unpowered Thane, it would have been disastrous.

I honestly don't know why Marvel's writers don't make reference to Infinity anymore considering that's where the mists were actually released. It was one of the better events of the last few years.
    In that same story we found out that BB would have detonated the bomb anyways. Thanos was just a convenient scapegoat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    In that same story we found out that BB would have detonated the bomb anyways. Thanos was just a convenient scapegoat.
    Really?

I don't remember that.

I remember Blackbolt disclosing (according to information he correctly accessed from the Inhuman Codex) to the Illuminati that they needed to find Thane because the Black Order were looking for him. Thanos had already massacred planets on his way to Earth.

Afterwards, Thanos came to Attilan to confront Blackbolt and then he released the bomb. I stand to be corrected but I can't remember Blackbolt having the intention to release the bomb without the Thanos factor.

the Royal Family are typically neutral in most things, taking sides wherever it suits them and it looks like they'll definitely be the villains in IvX just like they were in DoX.

One Family member I can't consider even neutral anymore is Black Bolt, however. Dude's a straight up villain. The War of Kings, the Thanos Imperative, the terrigen cloud, and now IvX are all effects of his bad and selfish decision making. He's killed millions if not more in the name of putting his bloodline on top, he's more Hitler than Cyclops will ever be. He really needs to answer for his crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Really?

I don't remember that.

I remember Blackbolt disclosing (according to information he correctly accessed from the Inhuman Codex) to the Illuminati that they needed to find Thane because the Black Order were looking for him. Thanos had already massacred planets on his way to Earth.

Afterwards, Thanos came to Attilan to confront Blackbolt and then he released the bomb. I stand to be corrected but I can't remember Blackbolt having the intention to release the bomb without the Thanos factor.
    It was in Infinity #6. I'd fetch the scans, but that's a pain on a phone.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

I'm not sure where the whole "Cyclops is the worst thing ever" stuff is coming from in the Marvel universe.

He never did anything explicitly wrong. Was he slightly extreme? Of course which makes perfect sense considering mutants have been moving from one extinction level event to the other.

Cyke declared war against the inhuman declaring they purposely try to kill the mutants (he was lying).
    He never tried to understand what was happening.
    He directly jumped to the dumb war solution, while the Inhumans and Storm's X-Men were trying to contain the mists.
    He destroyed what he knew was off limit to provoke the Inhumans.
    He attacked the inhumans.

He destroyed the ground for a peaceful and effective collaboration.

All he wanted was to be killed.

He had reasons, but all he did could have been avoided.
    Last edited by ian0delond; 11-25-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Not in the true sense of the word they just do not believe that mutant lives is as valuable or equal as inhuman lives if it means that their descendants can not have powers.

But then you could say the same of the rest of the majority of humanity in the Marvel universe that never cared about the death of mutants.

What BB did was wrong but what a surprise in that? After all do not forget that he was part of the Iluminattis a group that created bombs to destroy planets just like Beast. What I mean is that certain people will do whatever it takes to protect their people.

And to be fair Crystal has tried to help mutants on several occasions which is more than correct since they have created the problem.

Some might say that this goes for Cyclops as well but the difference is that the X-men and Scott never created situations that put others at risk and at all times they had the choice of being able to have a mutant paradise or save the humanity they chose the humanity.

X-mens only react to the dangers others inflict on them and never the opposite this is the difference.
    Last edited by Knives; 11-25-2016 at 05:35 AM.