Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I do not agree.

As has been pointed out repeatedly.

There was ZERO evidence supporting the idea that the Terrigen mists were a danger to mutants until recently.

As regards, Emma Frost's use of dishonesty, manipulation and misdirection to shape a narrative, baring in mind that she pulled a similar stunt during AvX that led to Namor's genocidal attack on Wakanda which in turn led to Wakanda bombing Atlantis back to their version of the stone age, I'd suggest that any accusations of villainy be laid firmly at Miss Frost's feet.
    What does it matter? There was evidence that the cloud was dangerous all the way back in issue 1. Who cares that it was recent. It was acknowledged by every character in the story.

I did not accuse anyone of villainy, I am just stating the fact that Medusa and Black Bolt were this story's antagonists. The protagonist "Cyclops" had to get through them to achieve the goal of fixing the T-mist. That's the definition of an antagonist.

You should get over what happened in AvX. Emma didn't do anything remotely villainous here, which is why some are so confused about the entire reveal. There would have been nothing wrong with Cyclops just doing these things.

And Alchemy was a mutant hero who died for the cause. Same As Cable and Nightcrawler in Second Coming, same as Colossus and the Legacy Virus. It's unfair to play the blame game when a character dies. And let's not pretend that you even knew who alchemy was before the story started.
    Last edited by Namor'sWrath; 11-25-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Cyclops wasn't even there.

It was all Emma Frost who had no problem press ganging an innocent civilian into engaging with the Terrigen Cloud which led to his dying a horrible death.

I guess Alchemist was just acceptable collateral loss huh?
    Hence the quotes around his name. I addressed the rest of your post in the above.

Tbf, if bb doesnt release the cloud, thane doesnt get his powers, thanos runs amok during infinity
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Tbf, if bb doesnt release the cloud, thane doesnt get his powers, thanos runs amok during infinity
    I'm fairly certain that the heroes could have stopped him without Thane. They've done so literally every other time they've fought him.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the heroes could have stopped him without Thane. They've done so literally every other time they've fought him.
    The same avengers thatvwere mostly off workd?

Tge same thanos with his generals this time?

Who walked through banner, thor, and carol?

They were in some shit
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    All this infighting is exhausting and making the board not fun.

DoX, IvX and whoever came up with the idea of making the mists toxic to mutants is super dumb because it's not helped anyone in the long run, from fans to Marvel. I just want it all to be over, so I can enjoy comics again.
    Agreed. That was a big mistake.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    After reading DoX #7 I don't really understand how the inhumans, most particularly the Royal Family, can be still considered heroes:

- The inhuman culture is classist (your place in society depends of your ability) and they are slave-owner
    - Black Bolt with the help of his mad brother purposely spread a toxic mist on earth and directly in a foreign city (New-york) without knowing the effects on the non-inhuman
    - Humans were transformed against their consent and at first without warning
    - A lot of NuHumans were cripled or died because their dormant genes were too weak during the mutation
    - The Royal Family has extended his rules over all nuHuman once again without their consent: even if you don't recognize her, per se, Medusa is your queen if you are NuHuman
    - The mist killed thousand of mutants
    - When they discover that the mist are in fact toxic, they refuse to stop them and let the mutants die for religious and cultural reasons (the inhumans can survive without the mist, and even mutate, like Quake or Karnak. They can also capture a part of the mists and use them on a consensual ceremonial, like before.)
    -When the mutants react and try to stop the mist, they fight them and try to kill their leader

I have certainly forget a lot of crimes, but how the the hero community can endorse them, and how Cyclops is considered by a lot of people as a "new Hitler" for fighting them (without casualties) ?
    So I guess that Every Person who hits puberty and finds out their a mutant are in the same boat, they become a mutant without the consent by the X-Gene and are told by the mutant cominity to be proud of it even without their choose in the matter, aka giving them a choose huh either?!

Cause really it is really the same-thing, just different ways of finding out. The people already had the Inhuman gene in then, they ARE Inhumans, so you are really saying forced suppression of the Inhuman gene is ok, so what does that meant for mutants? The mutant gene then is ok to just happen cause literally it is close to the same-thing, it is in your genetics and it is part of who you are.

Also you took out the point that if the mists are destroyed then you are condemning the Inhumans to Extinction as well, that is why not action is taken against it to destroy it cause you are causing the extinction of another race as well.

Also you forget the fact that the Inhumans DID NOT KNOW going into Death of X that the Mist was toxic to anyone at all, it was just found out and baring any form to discussion they where thrown into a fight cause of rushes to judgement, not really trying to find a peaceful solution coming from the events of Death of X #4.

Also, don't forget the Inhumans have right away after the Events of X have been Trying to Find out a CURE with Beast to cure the mutants from the effects of it, so not caring by the Inhumans is far from true.

The whole of the concept of this thread and the final point of "but how the the hero community can endorse them", meaning how can Any Fan Endorse or be Fans of Inhumans with how you layed it out their, you really should have thought that part threw.

Instead of understanding throwing the Inhumans under the bus maybe try to understand Why things are the way they are, like I keep hearing about Cyclops and his X-Men Team and the Mutants as a whole, but that seems to not be given to Anyone Other Group or Persons that seem to come off as even abit of something negative to mutants even when not intended, the benefit of the real story and doubt is never given to them.

All Thread like this Do is Make me MORE of an I-Fan (Inhumans Fan) then before cause threads like this and ways of trying to undercut the Inhumans. I want to learn the Story of the Inhumans, not what is more like Political Talking Points to make then seem evil compared to mutants.

In the end, NO Not in the Centimeter of Logic are the Royals Evil, Lets remember real Villains for a Change why don't we?!

I am sorry to All Inhumans fans for them having to go threw this.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

What does it matter? There was evidence that the cloud was dangerous all the way back in issue 1. Who cares that it was recent. It was acknowledged by every character in the story.
    I care that it was recent for the simple fact that demonising the Inhumans and the all of a sudden "lethal to mutants" Terrigen Mists, is just another in the long line of "woe is me" story tropes that always has the mutants being besieged by everyone and everything but their own hubris.

I did not accuse anyone of villainy, I am just stating the fact that Medusa and Black Bolt were this story's antagonists.
    The thread title poses the question as to whether the Inhuman Royal Family are villains and as far as what constitutes as being antagonistic or protagonistic, Cyclops and Emma Frost made a psychic announcement to the whole freaking planet falsely stating that the Terrigen Mists were lethat to mutants and humans alike. An announcement I might add, that broadsided Ororo who was at least in dialogue with Queen Medusa to join foces to tackle the Terrigen Cloud together.

If anyone was on that antagonist tip, it was Cyclops with a solid assist from Emma Frost.

The protagonist "Cyclops" had to get through them to achieve the goal of fixing the T-mist. That's the definition of an antagonist.
    If you say so.

Ororo obviously thought otherwise and at least engaged in dialogue with Medusa.

You should get over what happened in AvX.
    When you get over Hyperion and the rest of the Squadron Supreme, beheading Namor and scattering Atlantis to the seven seas, get back to me.

Emma's deception in DoX mirrors her actions in AvX so my point remains valid and spot on.

Emma didn't do anything remotely villainous here, which is why some are so confused about the entire reveal. There would have been nothing wrong with Cyclops just doing these things.
    Emma Frost used her powers to manipulate everyone into believing that Cyclops was in the driving seat so it's not as if her actions made Cyclops look anything more than the caricature of a character that AvX turned him into up until his murder of Charles Xavier.

And Alchemy was a mutant hero who died for the cause. Same As Cable and Nightcrawler in Second Coming, same as Colossus and the Legacy Virus.
    Alchemy was a sap who got duped into throwing his life away by one of the MU's most manipulative characters.

Even Magneto himself, recognised Emma's machinations as clearly illustrated during this series.

It's unfair to play the blame game when a character dies.
    Did I state anywhere in nmy posts that Alchemy was to blame for anything?

And let's not pretend that you even knew who alchemy was before the story started.
    What relevance does this aspect of your post have to do with what's being discussed here?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    and don't tell me it's thanos , I'm sure plenty of the heroes of earth could've helped to take him down (storm could've soloed him)
    ... wait, wut?

Mighty Member

I care that it was recent for the simple fact that demonising the Inhumans and the all of a sudden "lethal to mutants" Terrigen Mists, is just another in the long line of "woe is me" story tropes that always has the mutants being besieged by everyone and everything but their own hubris.

The thread title poses the question as to whether the Inhuman Royal Family are villains and as far as what constitutes as being antagonistic or protagonistic, Cyclops and Emma Frost made a psychic announcement to the whole freaking planet falsely stating that the Terrigen Mists were lethat to mutants and humans alike. An announcement I might add, that broadsided Ororo who was at least in dialogue with Queen Medusa to join foces to tackle the Terrigen Cloud together.

If anyone was on that antagonist tip, it was Cyclops with a solid assist from Emma Frost.

If you say so.

Ororo obviously thought otherwise and at least engaged in dialogue with Medusa.

When you get over Hyperion and the rest of the Squadron Supreme, beheading Namor and scattering Atlantis to the seven seas, get back to me.

Emma's deception in DoX mirrors her actions in AvX so my point remains valid and spot on.

Emma Frost used her powers to manipulate everyone into believing that Cyclops was in the driving seat so it's not as if her actions made Cyclops look anything more than the caricature of a character that AvX turned him into up until his murder of Charles Xavier.

Alchemy was a sap who got duped into throwing his life away by one of the MU's most manipulative characters.

Even Magneto himself, recognised Emma's machinations as clearly illustrated during this series.

Did I state anywhere in nmy posts that Alchemy was to blame for anything?

What relevance does this aspect of your post have to do with what's being discussed here?
    Ok, here I go:

1. You're not the only one tired of the universe shitting on mutants. Blame Marvel, not the X-men or their fans.

2. None of what you said matters as far as who the protagonist (main character) of this story is. You don't like what EmmaClops did? Fine, you have the right to your opinion. But EmmaClops was the protagonist of this story and Medusa and Black Bolt were the antagonists. This isn't me as an X-fan talking, this is me as someone who understands story structure.

3. Again, Storm talking to Medusa could not be more irrelevant to Medusa's status as this story's antagonist.

4. I haven't posted about Namor's death in... I can't even remember. Has to be over 6 months. Don't turn it around on me. Get over AvX.

5. Again, AvX has nothing to do with this. It was literally another reality ago. Yes, Emma manipulated everyone. Was it super nice? Of course not. But it wasn't villainous by any stretch of the imagination.

6. Alchemy helped save the mutant race. Period.

7. I didn't mean you were blaming Alchemy. You were blaming Emma for his death. Alchemy made his own decision to be a hero.

8. Because you suddenly care so much about poor Alchemy, and I'm fairly certain you had no idea he existed until a month ago.

In short, I question how genuine you are.
    Last edited by Namor'sWrath; 11-25-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    #CrystalForQueenOfTheInhumans2K17 #ImWithHer
    I would agree, except the second Marvel puts someone in charge of anything, they tend to ruin them, even if it's sometimes unintentional. Bad things happen to cities, nations, etc. in comics, and that tends to make whoever is the leader of that place look pretty terrible. So whoever ends up on top is going to look terrible, just as Storm became leader of the Morlocks, and then they all died, or Namor became king of Atlantis, and it blew up, like *ten times* in a row...

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am sorry to All Inhumans fans for them having to go threw this.
    CJ your points are on point as always but honestly it just keeps going around and around. I don't even know why I bother to read this thread. Because clearly people just want to believe what they want to believe and not try and see things from the Inhuman perspective. We're not going to change their minds - they have to be willing to you know, actually read the Inhumans books and see the other side (same could be said for a lot of things in life. Funny how that works).
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Ok, here I go:

1. You're not the only one tired of the universe shitting on mutants. Blame Marvel, not the X-men or their fans.

2. None of what you said matters as far as who the protagonist (main character) of this story is. You don't like what EmmaClops did? Fine, you have the right to your opinion. But EmmaClops was the protagonist of this story and Medusa and Black Bolt were the antagonists. This isn't me as an X-fan talking, this is me as someone who understands story structure.

3. Again, Storm talking to Medusa could not be more irrelevant to Medusa's status as this story's antagonist.

4. I haven't posted about Namor's death in... I can't even remember. Has to be over 6 months. Don't turn it around on me. Get over AvX.

5. Again, AvX has nothing to do with this. It was literally another reality ago. Yes, Emma manipulated everyone. Was it super nice? Of course not. But it wasn't villainous by any stretch of the imagination.

6. Alchemy helped save the mutant race. Period.

7. I didn't mean you were blaming Alchemy. You were blaming Emma for his death. Alchemy made his own decision to be a hero.

8. Because you suddenly care so much about poor Alchemy, and I'm fairly certain you had no idea he existed until a month ago.

In short, I question how genuine you are.
    You questioning how "genuine" I am in relation to this discussion is of no relevance to me whatsoever.

I've read the same series you have and have come to my own conclusions as to the motivations of all characters involved.

I suppose in your estimation, Alchemy saved the entire mutant race across the length and breadth of the ANAD MU just because he was able to alter one Terrigen cloud.

What about the other Terrigen clouds out there?

Is Alchemy magically going to be ressurected from the dead to go deal with those as well?

Alchemy was as much a victim of Emma as anyone else in this story for the simple fact that he was decieved into believing that he was dealing with Cyclops in person as opposed to the facsimile he was duped into believing was real.

If that doesn't strike you as being villainous on Emma's part, then there's really nothing left for us to discuss/debate beyond this point.

As regards AvX, I can cite that event as much as I feel to especially as it follows similar themes of "the world is out to get us" trope that's been a staple of the X-universe ad nauseum.

If you feel that I was attempting to turn things around on you, that's your prerogative.

I loathe engaging in such silly strategems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    CJ your points are on point as always but honestly it just keeps going around and around. I don't even know why I bother to read this thread. Because clearly people just want to believe what they want to believe and not try and see things from the Inhuman perspective. We're not going to change their minds - they have to be willing to you know, actually read the Inhumans books and see the other side (same could be said for a lot of things in life. Funny how that works).
    I find myself in agreement with you and CJ.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

First of all ignorance is not a excuse. The Inhumans not knowing the mist is is toxic to mutants is a non-factor since clearly the Inhumans did not test the mist on any mutants before they released it. So hey i'll just terror bomb the planet and say oh well sorry i did not know " I was eating a snicker" that does not cut the cheese.

Now this comparison to the mist being more important than the lives of mutants is the most idiotic argument i have heard. IF the mist was so sacred to the Inhumans Black Bolt should have thought about it before he released all of it in the atmosphere.

The Inhumans have known for 10 years now our time that Terrigen Crystals were harmful to depowered mutants so clearly they would have had to consider that it may be harmful not to just depowered mutants but other mutants powered before BB bombed the planet.

The fact that Inhuman fans would put "culture" over the lives of a entire species his very unsettling but expected at this point unfortunately.