Default Spider-Man/Deadpool is unreadable

it reads like pure 90's garbage, I literally fell asleep reading issue #10 am I the only one who feels this way?

It took you _ten_ issues to notice that?

(No I'm not reading it)

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    it reads like pure 90's garbage, I literally fell asleep reading issue #10 am I the only one who feels this way?
    I love it, I am far more interested in Joe Kelly's mystery and the growing character dynamic between Spider-Man and Deadpool than what's been happening in "the Clone Conspiracy."

I read it till 9 issue. Then gave it up.

It's unreadable when it's not written by Joe Kelly. When it is, it's the best book Marvel is publishing.

Astonishing Member

Joe Kelly writing and McGuiness illustrating a Spidey/Deadpool comic book that is unreadable?!
    That just does not add up.
    To me this series is one of the funniest published by Marvel.

I skip the fill in issues now, but when the actual creative team is on it it's great.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

It's been a real letdown for me as well; I recall the '90's series favorably so not sure if the creators have lost something or if my tastes were just in a different place then.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    It was a disappointing letdown. Even though, the art was okay and the cover excellent. There were barely a few worthwhile funny line considering there was at least one attempt every page. Peter's BFF association with Wade comes across as unbelievable even for a comicbook escapism. Isty Bitsy does have some potential but her whole team-up ploy is crazy even for a Deadpool ish.

BTW, who was the guy in the skeleton suit?

http://www.cbr.com/spider-mandeadpool-10/

And why can't I attach the cbr cover http://cbr2.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...10-DC11-LR.jpg ?? The old -and better- cbr format let me copypaste the cbr url and Insert Image without fail.

IMO the only terrible issue so far has been the Pen Jillette one, that one admittedly being a worthy candidate for worst issue of the year. Kelly has had a better voice for Peter than the main book, and the pairing works. The real bummer is the pacing, with so many guest issues obviously trying to milk the volume for all it's worth and stopping the overarching plot in its tracks.

The fill-in issues absolutely kill the main team's momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The fill-in issues absolutely kill the main team's momentum.
    Agreed. I tried out the fill-in issues the first time and won't make that mistake again. But when we're actually focusing on the actual plot, this book is great and tons of fun with the buddy cop dynamic Peter and Wade have going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Agreed. I tried out the fill-in issues the first time and won't make that mistake again. But when we're actually focusing on the actual plot, this book is great and tons of fun with the buddy cop dynamic Peter and Wade have going.
    The worst part is, it feels like those other issues come at random times. Like in the middle of arcs. I don't get it.

Seems simple enough to me. Someone keeps missing deadlines so they get fill-ins done instead. If they're taking six weeks to prepare an issue, and it's meant to release every four weeks, this is what will happen.

I stopped after the Penn and tiller issue....that was my finale for it lol.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak